Thread: Please Allow me to say...!

Please Allow me to say...!

Jyotish forums, for some reason unbeknownest to me, have become 'POWdER-kegs' and though this is not new, ARE so undesired! Why such rampant insecurity, world-wide amongst those who have touched Jyotish?

In response to something that was distasteful, aimed at someone who is elderly, revered by many, one 'self-proclaimed NADI-SHASTRY-VISHARAD' tried to drag poor RR into the snare! And my response, part of which I shall share at all the sites I am actively participating now, because I think it MUST be, for in small or larger measures, my response touches problems that are not local, or even limited to internet, but global and rather HUMAN-MADE?

"...but a general tendency in many members of many forums to focus on a single factor as the KEY signature for effects, traits and events! Most such comments get made, from time to time, by beginners and sometimes more experienced ones who participate in astrology forums. We all, hopefully, realize that in astrology one robin-sighting rarely announces the arrival of spring, metaphorically saying!

Individuals often miss out on understanding or accepting the above and the experienced ones probably know the above but fail to point out that the single-factor statements made by them invariably include the caveats: "...depending on other factors or combinations which render the factor malefic or weaken the yoga etc...!" and also, that 'other combinations can lead to the same effect as well' or something like that. This is why in most articles or in books, there are always a variety of provisos and possibilities that are listed all of which may point to the same professions or event in life etc.! Common observation and common sense?

For future reference, please understand that I am a rather candid and direct person who has neither been interested nor has the time to deal with whatever astro-politics, jealousies and feuds or mutual trust or mistrust exists within or outside internet, etc. And, I KNOW too that we neither live in an ideal nor idyllic world in mrityu-loka!

We all love Jyotish and that is all that matters! In relation to the WIDE world, we jyotish afficionados constitute a frail minority and minorities must learn to live more cohesively!! One does not even have to be a jyotishi to realize that SIMPLE FACT OF LIFE... :-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan"

Love, Light, REALITY?

Rohiniranjan

Re: Please Allow me to say...!

Dear Rohini Ranjanji, namasthe .
    As usual I couldn't understand the contents of your post completely . It is given , that a single factor can't decide any thing totally and so it need not be stressed . But , may be I am wrong , but I have seen in my experience in some cases , with all the parametres given up to ' T' , the result and prediction backfires like in the chart given by me . Then , when we are dealing with the subject with an academic interest , according to my limited perception , any doubt need not be frowned upon or brushed off . rgds , saswathy

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    As usual I couldn't understand the contents of your post completely . It is given , that a single factor can't decide any thing totally and so it need not be stressed . But , may be I am wrong , but I have seen in my experience in some cases , with all the parametres given up to ' T' , the result and prediction backfires like in the chart given by me . Then , when we are dealing with the subject with an academic interest , according to my limited perception , any doubt need not be frowned upon or brushed off . rgds , saswathy
    What chart? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    What was there so incomprehensible, Saswathy ji, in my sharing?
    Folks insist that a single factor is associated with x, y, or z reading! Saturn in X does this, or even that combustion always devoids the planet of its lustre, or jupiter is always good, even mangal dosh necessarily destroys the marriage or the health of the non-md partner!

Beginners do that innocently because books and articles (even scriptures) at first reading and being pithy as they are give that impression. Multiple factors, when hastily and concretely applied also give rise to such problems!

When the single factors get innocently applied, they are at best misleading, and at their worst invoke and instil FEAR and INDECISION in susceptible nativities and can do damage! THAT essentially is why I feel necessary to dispell and challenge such pronouncements!

Anyways, I thought that the CAVEAT needed to be sounded by someone who has never believed that seeing ONE ROBIN necessarily indicates that winter is over and spring has begun, metaphorically-stated!

Astrology (that works!) is complex, although its building blocks are or sound or made to sound as being simple! ;-) But, short of pure magic, how can one even dream of building an entire house with just one brick (block)? And through astrology we are trying to build and create a picture for 12 houses...! <LOL>

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Thread Information