Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayan deities?

Mayan deities?

Namaste,

I have had an interest in Mayan culture and the deities and spirituality connected to it. I am also going to get two mayan deities tattooed on me soon. I am curious in some of the images and statues I have seen of mayan deities, it seems some have yogic gestures (mudras). Perhaps it means something else, but it seems very similar. I also think i read somewhere that the mayans believed in reincarnation. I know they did many shamanic practices. But my question is , is there any connection between hinduism and the mudras these mayan deities have?

I was thinking perhaps when all the land of earth were fitted together like a puzzle piece, then perhaps vedic knowledge spread to other parts more easily before the earth caused separation of the lands. But that is jsut my theory
    -juan

Re: Mayan deities?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualseeker View Post
    Namaste,

I have had an interest in Mayan culture and the deities and spirituality connected to it. I am also going to get two mayan deities tattooed on me soon. I am curious in some of the images and statues I have seen of mayan deities, it seems some have yogic gestures (mudras). Perhaps it means something else, but it seems very similar. I also think i read somewhere that the mayans believed in reincarnation. I know they did many shamanic practices. But my question is , is there any connection between hinduism and the mudras these mayan deities have?

I was thinking perhaps when all the land of earth were fitted together like a puzzle piece, then perhaps vedic knowledge spread to other parts more easily before the earth caused separation of the lands. But that is jsut my theory
    -juan
    Possibly. Good luck, let me know what you find about Mayan practices.

I myself am fond of the Aztecs.

namaste

If you read about the timescales described in Hinduism, you will understand that "life" on earth, especially intelligent life, has been coming and going (in cycles) since the beginning of this Kalpa (Svetavaraha) about 1.9 BILLION years ago! Yes, it seems weird at first glance. However, people have moved around the planet for hundreds of thousands if not millions of years and since SANATANA DHARMA is "TIMELESS ORDER", it has always been there; albeit in different forms. The Native Americans probably moved into the American continents several ice ages ago and took their culture, which seems like an ancient remnant of Sanatana Dharma, with them.

The Mayans were quite advanced and philosophical in their outlook on life. Their way of life was completely destroyed by the bible-thumping demons from Europe; the conquistadors.

There is PROOF of the Sethusamudram Bridge, deviantly called Adam's Bridge, connecting Rameswaram and Sri Lanka, which has been dated by NASA at 1.5-1.7 Million years ago. The Ramayana is supposed to have taken place in the Treta Yuga, about 1.5-1.7 Million years ago! And in the Ramayana, Rama visited Rameswaram and prayed there before crossing the ocean on the bridge to Lanka to fight with Ravana. Coincidence? No way!

JAI JAI SRI RAM!

Namaste,

-juan

Aum.

There are similarities in architecture. See here:
    http://www.vastu-design.com/ht-article.htm

Aum

Namaste,

Wow Tat, I did not know it was supposed to have took place that long ago. When I heard they found the bridge I knew it was significant but I did not think it was that significant. Going that far back is just absolutely incredible.

Aum.

Aum
    Thanks for the link. Perhaps sages have visited all over the world teaching the Dharma, though it got lost with the peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Aum.

Aum
    Thanks for that link.

Sorry Chandu but your on my ignore list so I cannot see any response other then your display name.

Sorry Chandu but your on my ignore list so I cannot see any response other then your display name.
    He just said thanks for the link.

namaste

my long ago village-talk was, "South-America, hence the ancient architecture there was due to Hiranyakashipu, who traveled there as his own secret getaway spot"---but that would date back to the 1st Manu's era.

Pranam bhaktajan

Welcome to the forum

would this be the same Bhaktajan from audarya fellowship?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Thread Information