Mars - Subramanya/Hanuman
    Mercury - Vishnu
    Guru - Dhakshinamoorthy/Raghavendra/Saints & Siva
    Sukra - Lakshmi
    Saturn - Sastha/Hanuman
    Rahu - Kali/Narasimha

Thanks
    Krishna
    Pending on the jyotish masters i.e. mahaṛṣi (mahārishi) parāśar , or jaimini-muni or harihara-ji, etc. the devatā-s aligning to the grāha-s may be different. Let me give you one example.

For the sun, parāśar-ji calls out agni, jaimini-ji calls out śiva and hari-hara-ji may call out śiva, ganapati or skanda pending the position of the sun within a sign. In fact for other grāha-s hari-hara-ji may consider the strength of the grāha, or a sign's condition as male, female, sattvic, rajastic or tamastic, or if a sign is fixed or dual and then call out the proper devatā that aligns to the considerations mentioned.

Yet IMHO no mattter one can not go wrong with the guidence given by mahaṛṣi parāśar. Please look also his work the brihat-parāśara-horā-śāstra and chapter 2 starting with the 5th śloka for the daśāvatara that align to viṣṇu and his āvatara.

I also favor the views of jaimini¹ as his work and insights are profund (as I see it). One can look to his jaimini-s upadeśa sūtra-s, chapter 1, 2nd pāda ( or quarter) and starting with the 72nd sūtra, he outlines the alignment of the grāha-s to the devatā-s with regard to the iṣṭadevatā

iti śivaṁ

1. jaimini - one should note that jaimini was was a student/śiṣyaka of veda vyāsa i(also known as kṛṣṇa dvaipāyana) who in turn was son of mahaṛṣi parāśar.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: Atmakaraka dosha and remedies

Thanks for the clarification and I'll refer as the books to gain more details.

Thanks
    Krishna

Read this on a page for Rahu as Atmakaraka:

Atmakaraka are the planets occupying highest no of degerees in a sign in zodiac, The reasoning behind the Atmakaraka theory is a planet moving ahead leaves it's impact in an incremental manner.

Rahu is mostly misunderstood as Atmakaraka and wrongly conected to spiritual enlightenment, Rahu is maya a myriad of ambitions !!

An unanswerred question is why Rahu is found as Atmakaraka in highly evolved saint's birth chart, the answer is crisp and pretty simple, Unlike other planets Rahu moves in reverse motion, It becomes Atmakaraka when it's leaving a sign thus sign is getting free from the affliction, Rahu in the border degrees from 5 to 0 in the reverse order is indicates it's negative impact is reducing every minute thus it shows a person who has got Rahu as Atmakaraka is on a process to reduce Maya or Moha that Rahu indicates, Atmakaraka Rahu shows freedom from the Maya or Moha, this is the reason great saints like Sri Ramakrishna etc have got Rahu as atmakaraka.

There is an exception to notice, When Rahu is bellow 15 degrees and still a Atmakaraka that won't indicate a status in which person is free from the Maya as Rahu has to travel a lot and still cast dense shadow of Maya to such a person's vision, keeping such exceptions in mind while understanding and applying Atkamakarka theory on a chart will help you out.
    - - - - - - -

Source : https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/.../messages/2587
    Author: Lalit Mishra , August 15 ( date not shown) - Yahoo Groups
    Last edited by yajvan; 01 August 2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: added source of the information

namaste and hello,

Quote Originally Posted by MSG View Post
    Read this on a page for Rahu as Atmakaraka:

Atmakaraka are the planets occupying highest no of degerees in a sign in zodiac, The reasoning behind the Atmakaraka theory is a planet moving ahead leaves it's impact in an incremental manner.

Rahu is mostly misunderstood as Atmakaraka and wrongly conected to spiritual enlightenment, Rahu is maya a myriad of ambitions !!

An unanswerred question is why Rahu is found as Atmakaraka in highly evolved saint's birth chart, the answer is crisp and pretty simple, Unlike other planets Rahu moves in reverse motion, It becomes Atmakaraka when it's leaving a sign thus sign is getting free from the affliction, Rahu in the border degrees from 5 to 0 in the reverse order is indicates it's negative impact is reducing every minute thus it shows a person who has got Rahu as Atmakaraka is on a process to reduce Maya or Moha that Rahu indicates, Atmakaraka Rahu shows freedom from the Maya or Moha, this is the reason great saints like Sri Ramakrishna etc have got Rahu as atmakaraka.

There is an exception to notice, When Rahu is bellow 15 degrees and still a Atmakaraka that won't indicate a status in which person is free from the Maya as Rahu has to travel a lot and still cast dense shadow of Maya to such a person's vision, keeping such exceptions in mind while understanding and applying Atkamakarka theory on a chart will help you out.
    If this comes from a web page it is proper to give the reader the link... this will allow one to see the context and the original author. It is also prudent because it gives the reader the source of the data/information.

thank you
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Dear friends ,
    When it comes to Rahu , how is his athmakarakathwa decided since he always moves in reverse direction . Logically speaking when he is in the begining of the sign he can be said as athmakaraka as he has traversed in that sign many degrees .It has been a great doubt to me from the begining , since when I started studying astrology .

Dear saswathy,

To calculate Rahu's status amongst the graha karaka's.
    We simply take his elevation in degrees and subtract that from 30º (some wouild say 31º), so as to obtain the elevation to be used in this scale.

ie: rahu at 2º 30' gives rahu to be at 27º 30'

If no graha is found with an elevation above 27º 30' then rahu is said to be atmakaraka.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 31 July 2014 at 03:33 PM.
    8i8

Dear Erudite Jyotishi-friends,

Please pardon my ignorance, but the third Master (Muni) in Jyotish named in this thread, namely, Harihara ji -- please educate me about Him and astrological writings attributed to Him. I have heard of the Yugma Deity Hari-Hara who is believed to be the joint form of Shiva and Vishnu: The Duality within the Holy Trinity depicted by Creation-Sustenance-Dissolution (Destruction).

I am particularly interested in the jyotish angle of this.

Although lunar nodes do describe both direct and retrograde movements in their (mostly) invisible sojourn in the skies (except during eclipses), their mean motion is retrograde and hence their predominant tendency. Although Parashara ji (and others) have ascribed Rahu with atmakarakatwa when there is one planet short in the list to serve (details in BPHS etc), many contemporaries use Rahu as one of the contenders in the charakarakatwa list using 8 instead of 7 candidates (thus giving separate prominence to father and son).

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

hariḥ oá¹
    ~~~~~~
    namasté
    Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Dear saswathy,

To calculate Rahu's status amongst the graha karaka's.
    We simply take his elevation in degrees and subtract that from 30º, so as to obtain the elevation to be used in this scale.

ie: rahu at 2º 30' gives rahu to be at 17º 30'

If no graha is found with an elevation above 17º30' then rahu is said to be atmakaraka.

Kind regards.
    Please re-consider the math offered i.e. check your numbers.

iti Å›ivaá¹
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Namaste Yajvan Ji,

Thank you for correcting me, a thoughtless mistake; it is of course 27º 30' I shall amend my original post.

Kind regards.
    8i8

Thread Information