Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Astrologers! Can you identify a 'working' raja-yoga?

Astrologers! Can you identify a 'working' raja-yoga?

Namaste,

I am just curious about how able astrologers are to predict a working 'rajayoga' when looking at someone's chart.

It is said, there are quite some factors:

1. Uncombusted planets

2. Planetary combinations with digbal

3. Dispositor in good dignity

4. Absence of other malefics in the combination

5. Jupiter aspect

6. Association in Kendra or Trikona

I just want to know your experience in identifying a 'rajayoga' by looking at a chart, much ahead of the rajayoga period - in normal people (not celebrities or those with a high likelihood of success such as born in rich, aristocratic families).

I wish to know your experience in general. (I wish to say I am not an astrologer, but wanted to know about this question).

Thanks,

Viraja
    Last edited by Viraja; 07 September 2014 at 05:20 PM.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Astrologers! Can you identify a 'working' raja-yoga?

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

From this HDF post: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49236&postcount=3

In any chart śrī viṣṇu owns ( some says sits) in quadrants or kendra-s ( 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th houses) and śrī lakṣmī sits in the trines ( trikona) 1st, 5th and 9th.
    When viṣṇu and lakṣmī combine or are associated with each other a rāja yoga occurs. This is 'jyotish speak', so what is this 'associated'? When those rulers of kendra-s & trines become connected in some way, combine, co-mingle, etc. then this rāja yoga occurs. For me there are 3 important associations:
    · Two graha-s are conjoined - say the ruler of the 9th house ( a trine) sits with and is resident with the 10th house lord ( a kendra) , we then have a rāja yoga.
    · Two graha-s aspect or 'see' each other there is a rāja yoga i.e. one graha is in the 1st house the other is in the 7th house.
    · Two graha-s exchange signs i.e. the 4th lord is in the 5th house and the 5th house lord is in the 4th house. This is called parivartana or 'exchange' , the turning around, inverting, and it is also protecting and defending.

iti śivaṁ

Other yoga-s
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626&highlight=raja
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2751&highlight=raja
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1800&highlight=raja
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste Yajvan ji,

Very, very interesting links given by you.

I am rather thrilled to know about the Venus + Ketu yoga. My daughter has this (although in 7th house from Aries lagna). Your link says this combination, if in 9th house offers protection from hazards.

I liked your experience and observation on Vipareeta Raja yogas. As a layman, if I see some debilitated planets in the chart, placement in dusthanas, etc, readily I jump into thinking it is a chart that does not show much success. How wrong am I?

You have stated, Saturn in the natural karaka for causing Vipareeta Rajayoga.

Who plays a key role here? Saturn, as Sani is the natural karaka of dusthanas.
    I am interested in knowing more about Saturn’s role in VRY. What placement or involvement of Saturn is needed to cause VRY? Also, is there any yoga which shows ‘someone will LOSE to an opponent’?
    I don’t know if this is of significance – in my chart, Saturn is lord of 12 from Chandra lagna and is placed in 3rd to Chandra. And he is fallen in Navamsa. When I did my M.Sc degree in India, I scored University first in my subject and was about to receive a Gold Medal. However, a rival of me who always acted hostile to me got her marks inflated by 100 (she scored some 140/200 in one of the subjects and she got it changed to 240/200! Finally she received the Gold Medal that supposedly belonged to me). So I think in my chart, Saturn shows some kind of a ‘loser yoga’ (Lol) instead of VRY. Really, are there such ‘loser yogas’?

Also, next I read your post on tapaswi, and pravrajya yogas. You have stated,
    We can take a look at several muni's and see how this applies (Yogananda, Sri Jayendra Saraswati, Srila Prahhupada, etc).
    When time permits, please post on the above charts. Very eager to know.

Regards,

Viraja

Viraja Ji,

My observations on Raja Yoga.

1. Both the planets involved in the yoga should meet with in the same house.

Lets take an example of Kanya Lagna Chart and lets say that Venus ( 9th lord) & Mercury ( Lagnathipathi & 10th lord ) is in Mithuna.

Exp 1 - Venus 2 degrees and Mercury 27 degrees. In this case both the planets will not meet within the house. Since Mercury will move out of Mithuna in couple of days. So this is a Vi Yoga.

Exp 2 - Venus 10 degress. Mercury 8 degress. This is a Yoga since both the planets will meet within Mithuna.

2. In general Yogas based on Lagna are the most powerful or 100%, From Moon is 50% and Sun 25%.

In order for the yogas based on Sun and Moon to be effective the respective Lunar Planet should be of strength.

Overall for any Yoga to be fruitify Lagna and Lagnathipathi should be powerful.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks
    Krishna

All excellent pointer, Krishna ji. Thank you.

Also, please let know of your observations, if any, of rajayogas in normal people. I don't mean someone has to become another Bill Gates or Laxmi Mittal by saying the word 'Rajayoga'. Take me, for instance, part of the reason I am not working right now is that I started hating working 10 hrs a-day. You might say its laziness too. Whereas my hubby came from a very simple family and rose to prominence in his life out of his ability to do very hard work. I realize this everyday and curse my inability to do such hard work. To me, he has a great rajayoga for doing hard work. But, compared to my hubby, I am way much more spiritual, always thinking of puranas, sadhana, satsang, etc. I consider my chart to be blessed with spirituality yogas. Someone else maybe proficient in Shastras, jyotish, etc. Yet someone else, like beloved Sri Krishna, might charm everyone on earth!

And most importantly, in these days of frequent jobloss for everyone, irrespective of working capacity/education/ability, someone who gets a steady paycheck throughout his career of nearly 35 yrs, and a good paycheck at that, definitely has a 'dhana-yoga' and a 'rajayoga'. We see such a trend even sometimes in those who have less capacity for work. There is a person my hubby told me about, who is a very poor worker, having changed jobs many times, yet he always finds employment with a steady, hefty paycheck! I had good rajayogas for work intially, but I lost my capacity for good labor (as I stated already). Although I tried several times, I am unable to work cheerfully and with vigor which I never felt at the outset of my career (I worked nearly 10 yrs). So what causes this fall in rajayoga? Not in my chart, but in general, I would like to know some cases of such fall too.

So this is what I mean, I was interested in such observations in normal peoples' chart, because I thought it would make a good, interesting discussion.

So if you have any such observations, please post. Thank you.

EDIT: I am particularly interested in knowing the karakatwas and house rulerships in factors mentioned above - namely capacity for hardwork, spirituality, ability to charm others (vashiyam), making steady paycheck, excellence in shastras.
    Last edited by Viraja; 08 September 2014 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added line under EDIT.

I'll try to explain the effect of Raja Yoga in a common man's chart whom I know.

First of all one or two aspects or Yogas will never decides the factors in a chart.

The most important thing in a chart is Lagna and Lagnathipathi. Since its a Kendra as well as a Kona. A good placement of langathipathi will make a persons life more meaningful in terms of a materialistic life. Like good health, Marrige at the right time, Happy Married Life, Kids & Money etc.

Similarly Moon decides the emotinal part of the life.

Ex - Bill Gates... He is a Mithuna Asc having Merury placed in 4th house. He was born in a Upper Middle Class Family.

There are other successful people too without having good lagna and lagnathipathi but they will have atleast one issue in life which impacts the basic life aspect.

Obama - Lost his Father as a child. Sun is in 7th house with 6th house lord mercury aspected by Saturn and Neecha Guru from ascendent.

For a Common Man the key for success is having the following.

1. Good placement of Lagnathipathi & Moon.

2. Either 2nd or 10th or 11th or 9th or 5th house is good. All these in turn relates to money or career. Or Guru or Saturn is good.

3. Either Venus or 7th House or 7th Lord good. For Family Life.

4. Either 5th house or Jupiter good - Children

5. Last but not least if life - 8th of Saturn.

This can make one having a meaningfully successfull life. Say here I've left 4th house indicating house and Car. Once you have money you can manage these thing nicely. Simialrly Mother will be ok with the help of Moon.

Yoga's just amplifies some aspect of life and they cannot make a perfect life.

Say for ex MGR (Former Tamil Nadu CM) has Ucha Mars in his Lagna which is one among the Pancha Maha Purusha Yogas. Though he had a successful political life his early life was full of struggles. Also he didnt have an issue.

Hope I clarified some of your questions.

Thanks
    Krishna

Aplogies I forgot to talk about the common mans chart.

I'll clarify on it when time permits.

Thanks
    Krishna

Great! Thank you, Krishna ji! (Liked your pointers very much).

Further to my previous post I would like to explain the chart of a commonman Girl) having Raja Yogas.

Lagna - Thula having Moon (10th Lord) & Saturn (4th & 5th Lord).

Mercury (9th Lord) is in 7th house.

If you just see the above combinations the person has multiple Raja Yogaswithout analyzing the whole chart. He should be at least a Top Executive or a SuccessfulBusiness Man. But the reality is this girl is jobless especially in MercuryDasa.

Now as I mentioned in my earlier post the complete picture comes from the entirechart.

Here Moon & Saturn conjunction is a Dosha. That means both Saturn (KarmaKaraga) & Moon - 10th Lord for Karma has strongly afflicted. This means theperson will never get a job he is a capable of. Also this means Moon/Mind isalso strongly afflicted which is a major concern.

These two planets are aspecting the 9th lord causing further afflictingMercury.

This is a good example why Raja Yogas are not working as expected in commonman.

Thanks

Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Further to my previous post I would like to explain the chart of a commonman Girl) having Raja Yogas.

Lagna - Thula having Moon (10th Lord) & Saturn (4th & 5th Lord).

Mercury (9th Lord) is in 7th house.

If you just see the above combinations the person has multiple Raja Yogaswithout analyzing the whole chart. He should be at least a Top Executive or a SuccessfulBusiness Man. But the reality is this girl is jobless especially in MercuryDasa.

Now as I mentioned in my earlier post the complete picture comes from the entirechart.

Here Moon & Saturn conjunction is a Dosha. That means both Saturn (KarmaKaraga) & Moon - 10th Lord for Karma has strongly afflicted. This means theperson will never get a job he is a capable of. Also this means Moon/Mind isalso strongly afflicted which is a major concern.

These two planets are aspecting the 9th lord causing further afflictingMercury.

This is a good example why Raja Yogas are not working as expected in commonman.

Thanks

Krishna
    Namaste Krishna ji,

That is a great example! Your contribution has added great value to this thread, and thank you for that!

I remember reading a message from prominent Jyotishi Shri Visti Larsen - he was saying in Kali yuga, it is not one's kendras and konas that are going to give Rajayogas! I think he was just joking but in the above mentioned girl's case, it is a pity she is jobless, atleast I hope she is very spiritual 'cause I have heard Moon + Saturn gives some kind of dispassion needed for spirituality.

Thanks again,

Viraja

Thread Information