Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Atmakaraka dosha and remedies

Re: Atmakaraka dosha and remedies

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Dear RR,

Fractal boundaries are a wonderful subject; you might enjoy investigating them further; if you wish to understand the mountain from another perspective. I am quite sure that it is not you intelligence that render my words inscrutable to you; simply a matter of perspective.
    Kind regards.

Dear Mana ji,

I have no misgivings about Fractals not being a wonderful subject! I recall that you are fairly conversant with the workings of human mind and hence must possibly be aware of the concept of "amorphous presence" that I believe comes from the realm of psychoanalysis-psychotherapy. In photographic realm, it is akin to the 'perfect grey' that is utilized for setting up a camera for capturing a picture in different conditions of lighting (illumination?). Combining the two concepts, what emerges is that often we can see *things and patterns* which arise just by happenstance and one may say are of questionable relevance even when they seem to be correlated and thus 'coincidental'!

A similar phenomenon is when folks see (meaningful) shapes and patterns in the clouds and in flames. It is known as pareidolia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

For most individuals, it can be a curious and even engaging pastime, although in shamanistic practices (and similar) these form useful and meaningful omens. At other times, those are meaningless just as the famous "human face on Mars" that the above wiki article describes. A very similar situation exists in Sedona, Arizona behind an 'energy spot' which is a christian church with sandstones that show the shapes of Mary and Jesus and the nuns guarding those Holy symbols. Curiously, across from them is another rock formation (I have a photograph if you wish to see) which has the unmistakable shape of Lord Ganapati and the mighty elephant Airavat, next to each other. None of these were carved by human hands, but by Nature, through years of movements of winds and rains etc.!

Jyotish is a rather curious subject which captures a snapshot of pretty much all human endeavours and activities and facets and for the skilled astrologer, it can depict the entire movie of lifetimes as you perhaps would agree!

Being so inclusive and comprehensively such a magnificient mental construct/framework, it is a small wonder that there would be significant correlative bridges between Jyotish and not just math, but other human subjects and disciplines.

So the mathematical pareidolia that we have observed, is not what I am expressing disbelief towards, if that is what you think is going on here! :-) The same correlative linkages can and have been drawn between poetry and jyotish, certain mechanistic aspects of science and jyotish and other disciplines.

All of these are to be marvelled at but not necessarily to be considered as the critical or definitive underpinnings of what makes Jyotish tick! Since it encompasses all human endeavours and disciplines and hence must have elements of the latter?

We are back to the clock, again -- it seems, or rather "sounds"? <LOL>

Since you seem to have lost interest in further elaborating the tenuous linkages in your fractal hypothesis, or perhaps feel incapable of doing so (and that is okay!), I shall respect your wishes and file away your proposed conceptualization, for the time being. Perhaps after you have thought through and become more familiar with it, you might wish to try again or perhaps move on to another conceptualization which has more promise!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
    Last edited by Rohiniranjan; 07 August 2014 at 03:11 PM.

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

8i8

6 circles
    6 triangles within the inner-most circle
    8+16 trianguloids within the hierarchy of 5 more
    Musings of the seeing-mind...
    Within the confines of structured rectilinear shapes!

All really the dynamic *lines* some straight, some curved
    In essence all shapes (even those in clouds?) made by **points**

And that, my friends, is the POINT! ;-)

Don't let the mind wander like the hapless butterfly or moth
    For pareidolia will show only what you know or have seen
    Meditate on the point and the Universe shall unfold,
    Before the eyes of your aware self that sleeps within!

Love, Light, Insight,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Dear RR Ji,

This is santAna dharma, I have no doubt about the interrelated nature of everything. As such, I find your pareidolia analogy to be rather off the mark; We are not talking about the same thing at all.

I don't mean random patterns; that is an often misconstrued notion of fractal mathematics, and a rather Cartesian view.
    I mean these patterns emerging from the inherent limits of a system ... do you not see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yaqUI4b974

Akash contains the system; Sun heats water, water rises (agni does this) clouds form in the air (vayu), rain falls (jala), on to the earth (prithvi) with out which there is no river.

Can you not see the striking cyclic pattern forming in the clouds? Rather mundane perhaps, but alas it also makes the sky blue.

Don't let go of the spiritual sadhana; for pure relevant nimita, one can not see without this. Patterns are not found in the physical clouds them selves, that is an overly objective view, but in the somewhat more subjective timing of events and their relevance to thoughts and feelings at that time ...

90% ineffectual I will agree fully; but that 10% ...

Rather than a percentage of the whole, which might be rather misleading; as previously stated and for the very same reason of iteration, such that I shall iterate no further:

I prefer to use the ratio: 108:120; before the Cartesian sum of that is 10%.
    I have no more to offer on this subject.

Warm regards,

Over and out ...
    Last edited by Mana; 09 August 2014 at 07:00 AM.
    8i8

Manaji,

Just pointing out the *holes* in what to your mind might seem like uncontestable :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Dear RR Ji,

This is santAna dharma, I have no doubt about the interrelated nature of everything. As such, I find your pareidolia analogy to be rather off the mark; We are not talking about the same thing at all.
    RR: Mana ji, many of us believe in the *inter-relatedness* and while pareidolia may seem like curious pastime to you, for those who read omens etc (shamanistic pursuits) the shapes etc can give meaningful information! It is this obsessive angst of certain individuals to think that they can reduce everything to this or that or another fancy math without having the intellectual wherewithal of being able to explain it (without throwing a tantrum or fit!) is where the problem lies! ;-) Pareidolia is simply the phenomenon of seeing FAMILIAR shapes in UNfamiliar or UNusual places, like clouds or flames etc.

I don't mean random patterns; that is an often misconstrued notion of fractal mathematics, and a rather Cartesian view.
    I mean these patterns emerging from the inherent limits of a system ... do you not see this?
    RR: If you can demonstrate this, then perhaps your claim might hold water, but you have not managed to fully bake the dough that you had meant to be a delectable cookie/biscuit (let alone sustenance!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yaqUI4b974

Akash contains the system; Sun heats water, water rises (agni does this) clouds form in the air (vayu), rain falls (jala), on to the earth (prithvi) with out which there is no river.
    RR: Yes, but this is the case only in a local 'system' and not the case generally - in what one thinks of as universe! Unless you wish to go pre-copernican or follow the dictates of the era of ignorant religion/religious heads?

Can you not see the striking cyclic pattern forming in the clouds? Rather mundane perhaps, but alas it also makes the sky blue.
    RR: See this last statement is where your thinking pattern gets limited! It does not *make* the sky blue, but only makes it seem that way (blue) and while perception translates into immediate reality, we are dealing with something infinitely larger where you have worked yourself into (and floundering!)

Don't let go of the spiritual sadhana; for pure relevant nimita, one can not see without this. Patterns are not found in the physical clouds them selves, that is an overly objective view, but in the somewhat more subjective timing of events and their relevance to thoughts and feelings at that time ...
    RR: The flaw in your thinking is that the objective or perhaps underlying principle is not the Universe moving clouds into a shape for the benefit of a scryer or omenologist, but the omenologist deriving meaningful information from within (innersource) through observing the shapes. Thinking otherwise would be mighty egocentric, would it not? The universe moving the flames so that the shaman can see...? <LOL>

90% ineffectual I will agree fully; but that 10% ...
    RR: Where was this survey or demographic experiment done, Mana ji? How did you come out with that estimate (or guesstimate or pure wild guess, perhaps?). Were the other numbers and math coming from the same source, as well?

Rather than a percentage of the whole, which might be rather misleading; as previously stated and for the very same reason of iteration, such that I shall iterate no further:

I prefer to use the ratio: 108:120; before the Cartesian sum of that is 10%.
    I have no more to offer on this subject.
    RR: Now you are being a tad more forthcoming. You can prefer to use whatever, but it remains but a curious observation or an amusing line of thinking, but hardly a fact or even truth as it might apply to reality that your hypothesis might be alluding to or trying to...!

Warm regards,

Over and out ...
    I shall respond to any additional remarks only if you are making any progress in your current thinking (the hypothesis) rather than wishing others to just take your word and follow you in the ovian/ovidian manner that prevails in certain micro-communities ;-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Thread Information