Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rudraksha - What should I do?

Rudraksha - What should I do?

Namaste,

A temple's priests told me to come and collect Rudraksha after they do puja.I do not know if they are going to give me a single Rudraksha or a mala.If I receive a Rudraksha,what should I do?Should I keep it in the altar and offer Puja to it?Or should I keep it in the locker(Almirah)?

P.S.I read there are some rules to be obeyed while wearing Rudrakshas,so I haven't thought about wearing one right now.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Re: Rudraksha - What should I do?

Namaste,

Could any one tell me what I should do as I have to go and collect the Rudraksha soon?
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

I think that if you have a Shivalinga for Aradhana, you could garland the murti with the Rudraksha. This way, every time you offer your abhishekam to the shivalinga, you are automatically worshiping the rudraksha.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Here are some ideas at this HDF string:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=6228

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    I think that if you have a Shivalinga for Aradhana, you could garland the murti with the Rudraksha. This way, every time you offer your abhishekam to the shivalinga, you are automatically worshiping the rudraksha.
    Namaste Viraja Ji,

I do not have a Shivalinga.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Here are some ideas at this HDF string:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=6228

iti śivaṁ
    Namaste Yajvan Ji,

Thanks a lot for the wonderful and exhaustive post on Rudrakshas.

Namaste,

Can I offer any Upachara pujas to the Rudraksha as it is said to be a from of Sri Shiva himself?Is it okay if I do abhisheka for the Rudraksha,I mean can it be wet frequently?

Namaste Ram,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram116040 View Post
    Namaste,

Can I offer any Upachara pujas to the Rudraksha as it is said to be a from of Sri Shiva himself?Is it okay if I do abhisheka for the Rudraksha,I mean can it be wet frequently?
    It is my understanding that Rudraksha are, as you observe, considered by many to be a material form of Sri Shiva. I have read and been told that they may be worshiped on the Altar as Sri Shiva Himself, and have read in particular that one can offer Abhishek through/to them.

However, I would not use anything but water with a Rudraksha. The whorls and crevices would be difficult to completely clean of other items short of soaking the seed.

Yes, you may wet a Rudraksha frequently, in fact there are many who advise on how to make sure to clean them and when to know they need cleaning. If they have been simply wetted, only letting them dry is sufficient, but if you soak and then scrub them they should then be treated in oil after they have dried completely.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Quote Originally Posted by Aanandinii View Post
    Namaste Ram,
    Namaste Ji,

Thanks for telling me the process.

Namaste,

UPDATE:I sent an other person on my behalf to collect them and I received the Rudraksha.

There are individual Rudrakshas of five faces.
    But they seem unusual to me.

One of the Rudraksha has a line longer than the other four,hmm,I do not know what to call it, the separating groove or the channel kind of thing that helps us to count the number of faces.This one line is much elongated than the others i.e. it is projected beyond the spherical surface.And,the hole is quite big,so are the holes in Rudrakshas natural or are they drilled with force?
    What can said about this Rudraksha?

Another one seems to have some whitish places,what could this be?(
    I do not know the exact shade, these Rudrakshas are dark,probably black in color.I thought they use lighther(brown/white) ones in Puja but the person I sent said that all Rudrakshas in the Puja vessel were dark in color.)

Also,I see that some of the projections or the formations at some places on one Rudraksha are not there.Could it mean that the Rudraksha's natural patterns got broken or damaged?

Since the day I was told to come and collect Rudrakshas, I developed interest and attraction towards these holy beads.And as this is the initial time I've received Rudrakshas I am not able to know the quality of them.I request members to give an uninhibited assessment of the above Rudrakshas as it would help me to learn about them.I hope to know more about Rudrakshas as time passes by.Thanks.
    Last edited by Ram11; 23 November 2014 at 11:20 PM.

Thread Information