Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunrise ...

Sunrise ...

हरिः ओम्

Namaste,

I am interested to know how many here among us get up before sunrise to welcome the Sun.

This has become an essential part of my practis, a very important part of my routine as this allows me to balance myself for the day.

I wish that I had been taught this from a young age, maybe I needed all these years, to understand just how much I needed this?

Any thoughts?

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    Last edited by Mana; 20 May 2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: who to how
    8i8

Re: Sunrise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    हरिः ओम्
    I wish that I had been taught this from a young age, maybe I needed all these years to learn who much I needed this?
    Growing up, I watched my father doing a daily surya namaskar without an exception, calling surya as prathyksha daivam ( ?visible divine figure). Alas I didnt learn that amazing quality from him.

I wish, but nope, as soon as I get up I head for the coffee pot.

I'm sure it is wonderful to do that in the morning though.

Maya

रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    I am interested to know how many here among us get up before sunrise to welcome the Sun.
    At least today morning I performed the Surya Namaskar.

I used to be regular but not of late. Need to become more energetic/disciplined.

Namaste Mana,

I normally get much earlier than Sunrise. There is no time as good as Morning in a day.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste Mana, I'm trying but I fail everyday to no avail - any tips?

हरिः ओम्

Namaste Icy, All,

It is worth bearing in mind that you are effectively resetting your body clock when doing this; initially you will have symptoms resembling
    jet lag as your thyroid and pineal glands readjust.

My evening meditation and mantra is essential in assuring that I sleep early; this makes the morning routine
    so much easer, as we struggle
    less and less to get started. I get up wash and then practis my mantra, before doing anything else, this has now become an unbreakable rule
    for my self, well most of the time , but to be honest during life's easier moments, this has become a real pleasure and not a task at all; a
    source of divine energy, ojas; vitality.

Previously having suffered from insomnia I used to use the night time to meditate; by that I mean that I evaluated analysed and consider
    all that had happened during the day. Change started to happen upon realising that it was the calm time alone that I was seeking, and
    that this calm time, when acquired in the morning is so much more efficient having a positive effect upon the entire day.

Since becoming set into this rhythm; sleep at night has become much easier and above all, much more natural. As I am feeling much more
    synchronised with the Sun, Moon the Earth and all of natures rhythms.

I take the time in the morning to examine the planetary positions, as I like to feel that I am in resonance with them; the more that see how
    the ruts that we get into, are reflections of these celestial body's, the deeper my belief in God becomes, the freer and more connected I feel;
    in the knowledge that I am one with it all.

devotee you are quite right; I think that I might start getting up a little earlier, this would allow me the time to do a little more before work
    and maybe venture out to watch the sun rise.

Thank you saidevo; I shall make it my mornings practis to translate this hymn; how very beautiful it is to hear it sung.
    Wonderfully inspiring.

charitra you must be blessed with good karma to have such an example as a father! Mine used to spend all his time drinking with friends or
    glued to the television set. I think that my soul must have chosen him as an example for me, of exactly what not to do; God bless his soul, he
    used to call my analytical spiritual nature, my Bullshit.

Maya3 Wondermonk, I am not sure that all people even need this practis and some do it spontaneously anyway; but I feel that it is a great
    way to harmonise with the world about us; I do still have a penchant for the coffee pot, but now, never before my morning mantra.

pranāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    Last edited by Mana; 20 May 2012 at 08:39 AM.
    8i8

Vannakkam: I'm at 54 degrees N, and the summer to winter variation is about 6 hours, so consistency all year is an issue. In winter I want to do stuff way before the earth spins far enough to see the sun. But I do appreciate mornings, and our kitchen faces east. (Temperature is another issue here.)

Aum Namasivaya

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté
    fyi only...

When is it sunrise?
    Jyotishi Varahamihira muni says when the upper limb of the sun is in view on the horizon, this is sunrise. Some others consider the central portion of the sun on the horizon. So whats the deal ? Who cares? The difference is roughly 1 min 15 sec. That change influences the position of the lagna and higher level varga birth charts ( 1/30th division, 1/60th division) and changes the positions of the graha's in these varga-s ( divisional charts).

praām

1. who ~owns~ each part of the day ? http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...hlight=sunrise
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information