Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOLDEN AGE OF THIS KALI YUGA

GOLDEN AGE OF THIS KALI YUGA

Dandavats Pranamas to all the Vaisnavas,

Friends, I want to share with all of you information about the Golden Age, which is mentioned in Brahma-Vaivarta Purana.

This golden age starts after 5000 years of pratham-sandhya of kali yuga begins and lasts approx 10,000 human-years.

It is called golden age, because in these 10,000 years, humanity sees a sudden upward rise in the sankirtan-movement, the movement of congregationally chanting of the holy names of Krsna.

Here, Lord Krsna is saying, how this movement will save the kali-stricken populace of this earth in kaliyuga:

The following are ten verses from the Brahma-vaivarta Purana that were spoken by Lord Krishna to Mother Ganga just before the beginning of Kali yuga (the age of quarrel and strife). Kali yuga began approximately five thousand years ago, and it has a duration of 432,000 years, leaving us with 427,000 till the end of the present age. [For a description of Kali yuga, please read the related article "Predictions for the age of Kali".] Within this 432,000 year period, there is a period of 10,000 years that will be a golden age. That golden age is being described below by Lord Sri Krishna. This text is taken from the Brahma-vaivarta Purana.

Text 49
    bhagarathy uvaca

he natha ramanashreshtha yasi golokamuttamam
    asmakam ka gatishcatra bhavishyati kalau yuge

Translation
    Ganges said: O protector, Supreme enjoyer, on your departure for the perfect abode, Goloka, thereafter what will be my situation in the age of kali?

Text 50
    sri-bhagavan uvaca

kaleh pancasahasrani varshani tishtha bhutale

papani papino yani tubhyam dasyanti snanatah
    Translation
    The blessed Lord said: On the earth 5,000 years of kali will be sinful and sinners will deposit their sins in you by bathing.

Comments:
    We have presently passed through just over 5,000 years of Kali yuga. As was predicted by Lord Krishna, this period from the end of the previous age to the present comprising 5,000 years was a period of great degradation and darkness. The great and ancient Vedic culture of India was lost and the so-called followers became ritualistic practitioners, interested only in the bodily conception of life. The four pillars of spiritual life, namely truthfulness, austerity, cleanliness, and mercy are practically nonexistent today, even in the so-called holy sites of pilgrimage. The general mass of people have no interest in God, and any remnant of religion they might still follow is simply for the purpose of economic development. In the name of God so many sinful acts are being carried out throughout the world. Killing of innocent animals, intoxication, illicit sex, and gambling have become common and "natural" activities supported by the governments and religions of the world. All of these points confirm Lord Krishna's prediction regarding the first 5,000 years of the Kali yuga.

Text 51
    man-mantropasakasparshad bhasmibhutani tatkshanat
    bhavishyanti darsanacca snanadeva hi jahnavi

Translation
    Thereafter by the sight and touch of those who worship me by my mantra, all those sins will be burnt.

Comments:
    Lord Krishna has said that for 5,000 years mother Ganga will purify the sinful inhabitants of the earthly planet in the age of Kali. But where will those accumulated sinful reactions go? Therefore Krishna says here that those sinful reactions, accumulated for thousands of years will all be burnt to ashes simply by a moments touch of a pure devotee of the Lord. The word tatksanat indicates that immediately the reactions are destroyed. A moments glimpse of a pure devotee is enough to purify the heart of a sinful man in this age of Kali. Even mother Ganga is blessed and purified by the association of the Lords devotees, so what to speak of fallen souls like ourselves. We must take every opportunity to associate with the Lord's pure devotees. This is the process of sadhu-sanga, or sat-sanga. Through association with the saints, we come in contact directly with the Supreme Lord. If we have such a great fortune to associate with the saintly devotees of the Lord, our heart will be purified of all the sinful reactions accumulated from countless lifetimes.

In this verse Krishna defines who are those pure devotees: man-mantropasaka, "one who is doing upasana, or worship, of Krishna by chanting Krishna's mantra." Krishna says literally "My mantra", man-mantra. This mantra Krishna is referring to is the Hare Krishna maha-mantra:

hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare
    hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare

It should be noted that Krishna does not say mother Ganga will be purified by yogis. Nor does he say she will be purified by jnanis. Nor by rishis, tapasvis, siddhas or a host of other saintly minded men. Krishna says it will be His pure devotees (bhaktas) who chant the Hare Krishna maha-mantra that will purify mother Ganga and the entire age of Kali. Only the chanting of Krishna's holy name is powerful enough to purify this present age of Kali. Therefore only the Lord's devotees have the power to bring about the golden age within Kali yuga.

Text 52
    harernamani yatraiva puranani bhavanti hi
    tatra gatva savadhanam abhih sarddham ca shroshyasi

Translation
    There will be chanting of the name of Hari and reading of the [Bhagavata] Purana. Reaching such a place, attentively hear.

Comments:
    Here Lord Krishna describes the activities within the golden age that will purify the Kali yuga. First and foremost is the chanting of Lord Krishna's name, indicated by the words harernamani. This is further confirmed in the Brihad-naradiya Purana as follows:

harer nama harer nama harer namaiva kevalam
    kalau nastyeva nastyeva nastyeva gatir anyata

"In the age of Kali there is no other way to achieve the supreme destination of life other than by chanting the names of Lord Hari (Krishna). There is no other way, no other way, no other way."
    The second activity that Lord Krishna describes is the reading of the Bhagavata Purana, or Srimad Bhagavatam. The reading of Srimad Bhagavatam is especially recommended by the great sage Vyasadeva for purification of the heart:

srinvatam sva kathah krishnah punya-sravana-kirtanah
    hridy antah stho hy abhadrani vidhunoti suhrit satam

"By hearing and reciting the sacred narrations of the pastimes of Lord Krishna (within the Srimad Bhagavatam), all the bad qualities within one's heart are cleansed."

Elsewhere it is stated:

nashta-prayushv abhadreshu nityam bhagavata-sevaya
    bhagavaty uttama-shloke bhaktir bhavati naishthiki

"By daily reading Srimad Bhagavatam and by rendering service to the pure devotees, all that is troublesome to the heart is almost completely destroyed, and loving devotional service unto the Personality of Godhead is established as an irrevocable fact."

The present age is simply a reflection of the hearts of millions of living entities on the earthly planet. Because our hearts are polluted by kama (lust), krodha (anger), lobha (greed) and matsarya (envy), therefore the present age is called the age of quarrel. It is not that we are bad because the age is bad, but rather the age is bad because our hearts are impure. The cure for a polluted heart is described above: daily reading of the Srimad Bhagavatam. If the entire population were to take up the reading of the sacred text of Srimad Bhagavatam, everyone's heart would be purified and the age of Kali would no longer be able to influence the world. Therefore in the present age the need of the hour is to distribute the most sacred book Srimad Bhagavatam to the entire humanity.

The Srimad Bhagavatam is not an ordinary book, but it is directly an incarnation of the Lord:

idam bhagavatam nama puranam brahma-sammitam
    uttama-shloka-caritam cakara bhagavan rishih
    nihsreyasaya lokasya dhanyam svasty-ayanam mahat

“This Srimad Bhagavatam is the literary incarnation of God, and it is compiled by Srila Vyasadeva, the incarnation of God. It is meant for the ultimate good of all people, and it is all-successful, all blissful and all-perfect.” Srimad Bhagavatam is defined as brahma sammitam because it is the sound representative of Brahman, the absolute truth.

Text 53
    purana shravanaccaiva harernamanukirtanat
    bhasmibhutani papani brahma-hatyadikani ca

Translation
    Sinful reactions including the killing of a brahmana can be nullified by hearing the Purana and chanting of the names of Hari in the manner of devotees.

Text 54
    bhasmibhutani tanyeva vaishnavalinganena ca
    trinani shushkakashthani dahanti pavako yatha

Translation
    Just as dry grass is burnt by fire, by the embrace of My devotees all sins are burnt.

Text 55
    tathapi vaishnava loke papani papinamapi
    prithivyam yani tirthani punyanyapi ca jahnavi

Translation
    O Ganges, the whole planet will become a pilgrimage sight by the presence of My devotees, even though it had been sinful.

Text 56
    madbhaktanam sharireshu santi puteshu samtatam
    madbhaktapadarajasa sadyah puta vasundhara

Translation
    In the body of my devotees remains eternally [the purifier]. Mother earth becomes pure by the dust of the feet of my devotees.

Text 5
    sadyah putani tirthani sadyah putam jagattatha
    manmantropasaka vipra ye maducchishtabhojinah

Translation
    It will be the same in the case of pilgrimage sights and the whole world. Those intelligent worshipers of my mantra who partake My remnants will purify everything.

Comments:
    In this verse the words maducchishtabhojinah are very significant. Krishna states that those who chant His Hare Krishna maha-mantra and eat His remnants (mad- ucchishtabhojinah ) will purify the world.

This is further stressed by Lord Krishna in the Bhagavad-gita (3.13):

yajna-shishtasinah santo mucyante sarva-kilbishaih
    bhunjate te tv agham papa ye pacanty atma-karanat

"The devotees of the Lord are released from all kinds of sins because they eat food which is offered first for sacrifice. Others who prepare food for personal sense enjoyment, verily eat only sin."

Text 58
    mameva nityam dhyayante te mat pranadhikah priyah
    tadupasparshamatrena puto vayushca pavakah

Translation
    They are more dear to Me than My life, who everyday meditate only on Me. The air and fire become pure simply even by their indirect touch.

Text 59
    kaler dasha-sahasrani madbhaktah santi bhu-tale
    ekavarna bhavishyanti madbhakteshu gateshu ca

Translation
    For 10,000 years of kali such devotees of mine will fill the whole planet. After the departure of My devotees there will only be one varna [outcaste].

Text 60
    madbhaktashunya prithivi kaligrasta bhavishyati
    etasminnantare tatra krishnadehadvinirgatah

Translation
    Devoid of My devotees, the earth will be shackled by kali. Saying this Krishna departed.

=================================

Also, 500 years ago, Caitanya Mahaprabhu predicted and said that on this whole earth, in each and every village and city, the congregational chanting of MY name will be heard:

पृथ्वी ते आछे यत नगर आदि ग्राम
    सर्वत्र होइबे प्रचार मोर नाम

Everybody knows that this sankirtan movement has become so huge today, it has now spread to almost each and every big city of the world, and currently this movement is a small baby.

It will reach at it's peak in next 4500 years, and then gradually decline in next 4500 years. 500 years of this movement has already passed, which started with the advent of Krishna, in the form of chaitanya mahaprabhu.

एबे नाम-संकितन तीक्ष्ण खडग लोइया
    अंतर असुर जिवेर फेलिबे काटिया
    With the sharp-sword of this Naam-sankirtan, I will destroy all the demons, incarnated as human-beings (meaning I will distroy the asuric-vrtti or demoniac-propensity of these Jivas)

The coming of SriSriMad Bhakti Vedanta Swami Maharaj (Srila Prabhupad), the founder acarya of ISKCON, was also predicted by Mahaprabhu 500 years ago, and he said:

यदि पापी छाडी धर्म दूरे देशे जाए
    मोर सेनापति-भक्त याईबे तथाये
    If the sinful jivas go to other countries (out of India) and are bereft of this sankirtan-movement, then for delivering them, I will send my senapati-bhakta (senapati means a military commander), who will deliver the people of these countries.

This senapati-bhakta is no other than Srila Prabhupada who went to all the countries outside of India and inaugurated this sankirtan movement there.

For the people, who are still averse to this movement of naam-sankirtan, there is absolutely no limit of there ignorance.

Radha - Madhav
    Mukunda Hari

Re: GOLDEN AGE OF THIS KALI YUGA

Quote Originally Posted by Krsna Das View Post
    Dandavats Pranamas to all the Vaisnavas,

Friends, I want to share with all of you information about the Golden Age, which is mentioned in Brahma-Vaivarta Purana.

This golden age starts after 5000 years of pratham-sandhya of kali yuga begins and lasts approx 10,000 human-years.

It is called golden age, because in these 10,000 years, humanity sees a sudden upward rise in the sankirtan-movement, the movement of congregationally chanting of the holy names of Krsna.

Here, Lord Krsna is saying, how this movement will save the kali-stricken populace of this earth in kaliyuga:

Also, 500 years ago, Caitanya Mahaprabhu predicted and said that on this whole earth, in each and every village and city, the congregational chanting of MY name will be heard:

Everybody knows that this sankirtan movement has become so huge today, it has now spread to almost each and every big city of the world, and currently this movement is a small baby.

It will reach at it's peak in next 4500 years, and then gradually decline in next 4500 years. 500 years of this movement has already passed, which started with the advent of Krishna, in the form of chaitanya mahaprabhu.

With the sharp-sword of this Naam-sankirtan, I will destroy all the demons, incarnated as human-beings (meaning I will distroy the asuric-vrtti or demoniac-propensity of these Jivas)

The coming of SriSriMad Bhakti Vedanta Swami Maharaj (Srila Prabhupad), the founder acarya of ISKCON, was also predicted by Mahaprabhu 500 years ago, and he said:

If the sinful jivas go to other countries (out of India) and are bereft of this sankirtan-movement, then for delivering them, I will send my senapati-bhakta (senapati means a military commander), who will deliver the people of these countries.

This senapati-bhakta is no other than Srila Prabhupada who went to all the countries outside of India and inaugurated this sankirtan movement there.

For the people, who are still averse to this movement of naam-sankirtan, there is absolutely no limit of there ignorance.

Radha - Madhav
    Mukunda Hari
    Thank you

Very nice!

Thank you for sharing.

Hare Krshna!

Hari Hari...

Welcome. You can possibly increase my reputation....lol !

Quote Originally Posted by Krsna Das View Post
    Hari Hari...

Welcome. You can possibly increase my reputation....lol !
    Hari...
    Thanks to Satay Ji and Smaranam Ji, now I am a "distinguished hindu spirit"

I wish i can do that if it matters to you But the DulaBar says i have spread the reputation before i can give it to you again

You have ~million points from my heart as your reputation.

7. Re: GOLDEN AGE OF THIS KALI YUGA

Satya Narayana Puja is the most powerful Puja in the World for Kali Yuga

Satya Narayana Puja exudes tremendous spiritual power and evokes intense bhakti and bliss in devotees. The most important feature of this temple is the performance of the Satyanarayana Puja on all full moon days and ekadesi days.

The significance of this puja cannot be over-emphasised, especially in Kali yuga. Puranas say once in Naimisharanya, Saunagadhi maharishi asked Soodha Pauranikar how to attain what one wished. Soodhar told him what Narada had heard from the Lord on this.

After a visit to Bhoolokam, Narada was so upset by the human suffering that he asked Lord Narayana if the denizens of Bhooloka had any means of alleviation. The lord said if people performed Satyanarayana puja by offering ripe bananas, wheat flour, sugar, milk, ghee and sweet dishes "bakshanangal" to the Lord and then partook of the offerings with brahmins, relatives and friends, they would be able to overcome the problems posed by Kali yuga.

http://satya-narayana.sulekha.com/bl...ayana-puja.htm

During the puja one has to read five parables which highlight the benefits of the puja and the pitfalls of deviating from specified conduct during the puja. The first story talks of a poor brahmin in Kasi advised by God in the disguise of an old man to do the puja to Satyanarayana. To enable him to do this, the Lord made people give him abundant alms. When the brahmin performed the puja he was made wealthy and given salvation. The second story is of a woodcutter who partook of the offerings from the house of the poor brahmin during the puja. The woodcutter was so immersed in the puja that he asked the brahmin about its performance. The next day the woodcutter had a windfall in the sale of wood and he immediately started performing the puja himself. He was blessed with wealth and salvation.

The third story is of a merchant and his king Ulkamukhan. One day the merchant saw the king's wife perfoming the Satyanarayana puja. When the merchant asked her whether the puja would bless him with progeny, the queen answered in the affirmative. The merchant was blessed with a female child. But the merchant did not do the puja as he promised. The girl grew up and was married. One day the merchant and his son-in-law went to the palace to meet the king. At that time a thief who stole royal property dumped the loot in the place where the merchant and his son-in-law were waiting. The royal guards arrested the two and imprisoned them. The merchant's wife and daughter were condemned to poverty and the daughter kept body and soul together by begging for food. One day she witnessed the performance of Satyanarayana puja with great devotion and ate the prasadam that was offered. She went home and told her mother, who immediately performed the puja. Miraculously the king had a vision of God in which he was ordered to release the merchant and his son-in-law and give them a lot of gold and silver. They took all the gifts and began their journey to their town by a boat. When the boat was about to move God appeared in the guise of a youth and asked the merchant what the boat was carrying. Fearing robbery, the merchant said they were just leaves and vines. Hearing this, the youth said, "so be it" and the gold and silver turned into leaves and vines. The younger man realised this was no ordinary youth and fell at his feet. God blessed him and restored their wealth.

Meanwhile in the merchant's house Satyanarayana puja was going on and when the daughter heard of the impending arrival of her husband by boat, she forgot to eat the prasadam and went to the river to receive her spouse. As the merchant got out of the boat, the boat sank with the money and the son-in-law. The shocked daughter decided to follow her husband and was about to jump into the river. At that time the voice of God was heard asking her to eat the prasadam. The moment she did this, the boat surfaced with her husband and the money. The message is clear. The performance of Satyanarayana puja bestows both Ikika and Aamushnaka sukhas, that is both material and spiritual benefits. The fifth and final story is about Thunkathdwajan, a good king. One day he was hunting and cowherds who were performing the Satayanarayana puja gave him prasadam which he treated with contempt. He thus displeased God and his 100 sons fell dead. When the king realised his mistake and joined the cowherds in the puja, his children were brought back to life. Such is the power of this puja and little wonder that so many perform it.

Aum Namoh Sri Satya Narayanaya

Satya Narayana Puja is the most powerful Puja in the World for Kali Yuga
    Radhe !

Can you provide a verse regarding same?

it is said the golden era started with the coming of lord Chaitanya.
    though it's strange that we have experienced multiple wars still.
    but I do believe lord Chaitanya was the incarnation of God.
    I've read multiple times that the lord incarnates as white in the satya yuga, red in the treta yuga, black in the dwapara yuga (krishna) and yellow in the kali yuga.

we are now in the kali yuga, and it is said that lord Chaitanya had a golden complexion. his coming was also predicted by the holy books of hinduism.

I personally hope 2012 will announce yet another world teacher, whether he be an avatar or a prophet. the world is still in the kali yuga in my opinion. nothing but corruption is seen on television today, as well as strange folk who make music and touch themselves constantly (madonna, britney spears, lady gaga), and people who seem so far into the state of ignorence that you might want to puke! :S
    our children aren't learning anything anymore. there's no character building or spiritual teaching anymore. we only teach how to be as greedy as possible. living the american dream by sueing for the most rediculous things, hoping to become an easy millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by charlebs View Post
    our children aren't learning anything anymore. there's no character building or spiritual teaching anymore. we only teach how to be as greedy as possible. living the american dream by sueing for the most rediculous things, hoping to become an easy millionaire.
    Vannakkam charlebs: Welcome to these forums. Sure what you say goes on. But there is also a lot of good going on at the same time. Many individuals would never think of participating in such things even though surrounded by the sharks.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information