Thread: Help my grandmother on the way ?

Help my grandmother on the way ?

Namaste

My grandmother has always been open to new things and to any religion. She sees here self as a Lutheran, but is not a member of the Church and see god in more ways then just the christian view. She has in the past practice Yoga and has a little insight in Hinduism. She seems to be more interesting to be Hindu.

How can i Help ? or should i just let her find the way by herself ? can someone be a christian and hindu at same ?

I Have bought a Ganges clay Ganesha and i was thinking about giving here japa mala, clay diyas and a offering bowl. Is this right of me to do so ?

Thanks

Re: Help my grandmother on the way ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alekander View Post
    Namaste

My grandmother has always been open to new things and to any religion. She sees here self as a Lutheran, but is not a member of the Church and see god in more ways then just the christian view. She has in the past practice Yoga and has a little insight in Hinduism. She seems to be more interesting to be Hindu.

How can i Help ? or should i just let her find the way by herself ? can someone be a christian and hindu at same ?

I Have bought a Ganges clay Ganesha and i was thinking about giving here japa mala, clay diyas and a offering bowl. Is this right of me to do so ?

Thanks
    Namaste Ji,

Welcome to HDF.

Ask her if she would like to look at the things you got and whether she would like to have any of those.If she is interested she'll choose other wise do not force anything on her.
    Go slow and remember that she has her own views and set of beliefs,which you may or may not be aware of.She might feel obliged to accept them out of affection but might feel confused or burdened.

If she is interested to know more,please do come back and share your experience & doubts and members here will guide you.
    Last edited by Ram11; 18 July 2014 at 12:24 PM.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alekander View Post
    Namaste

Thanks

Dear Alekander Ji,
    Namaste,

At times the true meaning of life is not changing one's religion in the hope that the new found religion will make a change.

Change is something within that comes with profound understanding of life.

Wisdom too can not be found in books..that comes in the course of time.

For now I feel let your Grandmum be as she is..she would have seen the world enough so far to come to a fairly sound judgement.

Remember the parable where a preacher went to an island and found 3 men who were not really exposed to any organized religion and then taught them religion.

As the preacher was leaving the island the 3 men came running to him walking on water asking him some clarification to the utter shock of the preacher.

A pure mind is what that is needed.

Since you are person who cares so much for your grandmother I feel you should try to gain as much as wisdom about life from her.

She could actually show you much more than you could imagine.

Service to elders is the utmost service.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Ram116040 View Post
    Namaste Ji,

Welcome to HDF.

Ask her if she would like to look at the things you got and whether she would like to have any of those.If she is interested she'll choose other wise do not force anything on her.
    Go slow and remember that she has her own views and set of beliefs,which you may or may not be aware of.She might feel obliged to accept them out of affection but might feel confused or burdened.

If she is interested to know more,please do come back and share your experience & doubts and members here will guide you.
    Thank you, we have takling alot about this when i self had thougt about this. And she seems interesting in it, but as you said its not god if she feels obliged to take. She lifs fare way from me but i am isit here next week so i was thiking about bring this things but im not so sure anymore maybe we should talk more about it so i know how she feels.

Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    Dear Alekander Ji,
    Namaste,

At times the true meaning of life is not changing one's religion in the hope that the new found religion will make a change.

Change is something within that comes with profound understanding of life.

Wisdom too can not be found in books..that comes in the course of time.

For now I feel let your Grandmum be as she is..she would have seen the world enough so far to come to a fairly sound judgement.

Remember the parable where a preacher went to an island and found 3 men who were not really exposed to any organized religion and then taught them religion.

As the preacher was leaving the island the 3 men came running to him walking on water asking him some clarification to the utter shock of the preacher.

A pure mind is what that is needed.

Since you are person who cares so much for your grandmother I feel you should try to gain as much as wisdom about life from her.

She could actually show you much more than you could imagine.

Service to elders is the utmost service.

Regards
    Thanks you for you words alot to think about (sorry as eng is not my mother languish i dint understand the Parabel to its fully ) I has to think more about it, sorry : )

I feel alone in the family about this and it wolud be lovely as my grandmother could feel the same thing as i when i found this. But thats it maby selfish. And i strongly believe she has alot to tell me and learn, and she does

And she has shown interest in Hindu way but i don't know maybe shes doesn't want to complete change here beliefs. Thank you

Thread Information