Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hinduism in Historical Outline

Hinduism in Historical Outline

Friends, the history of Hindus has been distorted beyond recognition by the leftists and other vested interests. I have written a short book to correct this wrong perception of history. This book will be available free of cost on 31st of August on following link. All of you are requested to read this book and send your suggestions to me. Thank you !

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ESLVT8O

Re: Hinduism in Historical Outline

Quote Originally Posted by pawan.krp View Post
    Friends, the history of Hindus has been distorted beyond recognition by the leftists and other vested interests. I have written a short book to correct this wrong perception of history. This book will be available free of cost on 31st of August on following link. All of you are requested to read this book and send your suggestions to me. Thank you !

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ESLVT8O
    Namaste,

I read the sample version (the first page) and I think that the book may have been written in haste. Correct me if I am wrong, but how well researched was this short book of yours?

I agree with Sudās, it does seem to have quite a few typo-s.
    Here are a couple I found on the first page:

1) Quote Pawan K. Pandey: "An Indian author of mythological fiction, Amish Tripathi, has written a highly successful series on this topic."

If he was so successful, then I don't think he needs you indirectly advertising for him. I've read his Immortals of Meluha book and it was so bad that I couldn't stop myself from laughing. According to his view, Prajāpati Dakṣa and Śiva were originally best friends, lol.

2) Quote Pawan K. Pandey: "One which is more widely accepted outside India (which was proposed by Max Mueller) is that Aryans were pastoral people who came to or invaded India from a homeland in the Caucasus..."

Correction: The proposed original homeland according to the Kurgan Urheimat theory, is that Indo-European settlers moved in from the Pontic-Caspian steppe, slightly north of the Caucasus mountains [and between the Caspian Sea and Black Sea]. I don't believe that theory, but it's good to at least state that position correctly. Also, Max Mller didn't propose the theory.

3) Quote Pawan K. Pandey: "An American scholar, Dr. David Frowley has put forth an interesting paradox in this matter."

Correction:

I'm pretty sure it's spelled David Frawley, and I don't think think he qualifies as a "scholar" in this matter. He may have Ph.D's in Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda, but I don't think Indo-European linguistics/anthropology is his specialty, or else he would have noticed that the same "paradox" also exists in Ancient Greece. The Homeric Hymns and the Iliad are thought to have been composed far after the Mycenaean Civilization collapsed. This does not mean that I think that the Veda Saṃhitāḥ were composed after the Harappan Civilization. They could have been composed before, during, or after the Harappan Civilization, no one really knows for sure.

4) Quote Pawan K. Pandey: "Their earliest Gods represented natural powers as well as moral order (rk) was the preserve of most powerful of them, Varun"

Correction:

How can I put this most concisely?:
    ऋत (ṛta) = order
    ऋचा (ṛcā) = verse/hymn
    ऋत ≠ ऋचा
    Also, Devarāja Indra is the leader of the Āditya-s, not Varuṇa

5) Quote Pawan K. Pandey: "Later they moved on to a trioka creator, sustainer and destroyer God."

Correction: What's a trioka, do you mean त्रिलोकेश (trilokeśa) (lord of the three worlds) or are you just misspelling the Russian word тройка (group of three)? If it's the latter, why not use the term trimūrti instead?

6) Quote Pawan K. Pandey: "There was the esoteric philosophy of Upnishads (which advocated pantheism and monism) and the other five philosophies (Saankhy, Yog, Nyaay, Vaisheshik, and Mimaansaa), a total of six philosophies (shatdarshan) and there was the vulgar polytheism.

Correction: It's षड्दर्शनः, not षट्दर्शनः. Also, it would be good if you could clarify that you are referring to Pūrva Mīmāṃsā, just so that it is clear to the readers. Also, what is so "vulgar" about Polytheism? There are some belief systems that I view as vulgar or barbaric (e.g. Pisslamic Tawhid), but I certainly would write such things in a book which I intend to be non-biased.

7) Quote Pawan K. Pandey: "One of these Gaargi, put a great philosopher like Yaagyavalkya to shame"

Correction: You're quite opinionated, aren't you? Let's see what the Bṛhadāraṇyaka Upaniṣad says:

सा॑होवाच।
    ब्रा॑ह्मणा भगवन्तस्।
    त॑देव॑बहु॑मन्यध्वम्।
    य॑दस्मा॑न्नमस्कारे॑ण।
    न॑वइ॑जा॑तु युष्मा॑कमिम॑म् क॑श्चिद्ब्रह्मो॑द्यम् जेता॑ इ॑ति।
    त॑तो ह वाचक्न॑व्यु॑परराम॥

Who are you saying is putting to another person to shame? It looks to me like she's praising Ṛṣi Yājavalkya.

Sorry for being so nitpicky, lol.

Jaya Śrī Kṛṣṇa
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Thank you for the criticism. Both of you have made valid comments. But I would like you to download and read the full booklet(it will be free on 31st August and 1st September), and comment. I would like to reply on some of the points right now, but it would be convenient for me to reply to all the points(which no doubt you will raise after reading the full book) at once.

And nitpicking is good. I admit to multiple mistakes and your criticism will be helpful in bringing out a corrected version of this book.

Regards,
    pawan

Namaste,

In all honesty, I could not bring myself to read too much of it.
    I admire the efforts of Hindus to try to right the wrongs, but improperly researched, poorly written and misleading statements cause more confusion than set things right.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 30 August 2013 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

In all honesty, I could not bring myself to read too much of it.
    I admire the efforts of Hindus to try to right the wrongs, but improperly researched, poorly written and misleading statements cause more confusion than set things right.

Pranam.
    Vannakkam: Indeed I felt the same way. But at least there is recognition that our history has been distorted. That's a start. Many others have realised it, researched it, and even written new textbooks. http://thapas.wordpress.com/2012/05/...indu-identity/

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 30 August 2013 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: Indeed I felt the same way. But at least there is recognition that our history has been distorted. That's a start. Many others have realised it, researched it, and even written new textbooks. http://thapas.wordpress.com/2012/05/...indu-identity/

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste Eastern Mind,

Thank you for promoting Hinduism Today's History of Hindu India. I served as a consultant for it.
    "One who makes a habit of prayer and meditation will easily overcome all difficulties and remain calm and unruffled in the midst of the trials of life." (Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery D. Long View Post
    Namaste Eastern Mind,

Thank you for promoting Hinduism Today's History of Hindu India. I served as a consultant for it.
    Vannakkam: It was a long time in the making, I know that much. They wanted to get it right, as usual. A long time ago they made a funny mistake in HT, Bangaldesh instead of Bangla, in the title no less. Spellcheckers of the day didn't do titles. I have no idea how they could have missed it. But they took a gentle ribbing.

Aum Namasivaya

Highest Pranam-s,

Not only that EM and Doc, but it works against all of us here that are gathered to express our concerns when said books are released/"published" when they, themselves, lack the proper research, citation, grammar, etc. etc. etc. I can sympathize 100% with said authors trying to shine their views outward in a sea of confusion and biased "theories", but when the said authors in question "publish" doubtful work which can easily be refuted or even corrected . . . in all honesty, it makes us look like a laughing stock.

Look at what these Hindus are writing about now.

Stuff like that.

It doesn't look good. In fact, it hurts a lot. It truly deeply hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Highest Pranam-s,

Not only that EM and Doc, but it works against all of us here that are gathered to express our concerns when said books are released/"published" when they, themselves, lack the proper research, citation, grammar, etc. etc. etc. I can sympathize 100% with said authors trying to shine their views outward in a sea of confusion and biased "theories", but when the said authors in question "publish" doubtful work which can easily be refuted or even corrected . . . in all honesty, it makes us look like a laughing stock.

Look at what these Hindus are writing about now.

Stuff like that.

It doesn't look good. In fact, it hurts a lot. It truly deeply hurts.
    Vannakkam: Personally, I view it as an honest mistake. In the urgency to have a work published, much can be overlooked. Haste makes waste, as they say. English as your second language never ever helps either. Being a school teacher, I can edit, and am patterned to grimace, yet it's actually par for the course if you understand it in the terms of ESL.

The wrong history itself isn't quite so forgivable.

I once wrote and self-published 50 000 words of a short story collection, and did it in about 2 months. While sitting at book signings looking bored, I proofread the wretched thing, and found about 60 errors, nearly one per page.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information