Re: Harinam Sankirtan!~

Harinām Sankirtan kī Jay! ! !

Loknath Maharaj Mayapur Kirtan Mela 2013

More (Other) Bhajans and Dhuns

radhe radhe radhe shyam

nikunj me viraje

gopi manohar sundar hari om

hari sundara nanda mukunda

Jai Jai Shri Shri Rādhe Shyāmsundar Govinda Gopāl Murlimanohar Ghanashyām Shri Hari Nārāyaṇa MadanMohan Murlidhar Kṛṣṇa Mukunda Murārī Mādhav Manmohanāāā ~ ~ ~

yujyate nātra saṁśayaḥ

BG 10.8 ahaṁ sarvasya prabhavo
    mattaḥ sarvaṁ pravartate
    iti matvā bhajante māṁ
    budhā bhāva-samanvitāḥ

BG 10.9 mac-cittā mad-gata-prāṇā
    bodhayantaḥ parasparam
    kathayantaś ca māṁ nityaṁ
    tuṣyanti ca ramanti ca

The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me.

BG10.10 To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.

BG 10.11 To show them special mercy, I, dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge the darkness born of ignorance.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste,

Just a quck note about 'as it is'. I think this should help clarify Srila Prabhupada's stand

It has become fashionable since the time of Śańkarācārya to explain everything regarding the śāstras in an indirect way. Scholars take pride in explaining everything in their own way, and they declare that one can understand the Vedic scriptures in any way he likes. This "any way you like" method is foolishness, and it has created havoc in the Vedic culture. One cannot accept scientific knowledge in his own whimsical way. In the science of mathematics, for example, two plus two equals four, and one cannot make it equal three or five. Yet although it is not possible to alter real knowledge, people have taken to the fashion of understanding Vedic knowledge in any way they like. It is for this reason that we have presented Bhagavad-gītā As It Is. We do not create meanings by concoction. Sometimes commentators say that the word kurukṣetra in the first verse of the Bhagavad-gītā refers to one's body, but we do not accept this. We understand that Kurukṣetra is a place that still exists, and according to the Vedic version it is a dharma-kṣetra, or a place of pilgrimage. People still go there to perform Vedic sacrifices. Foolish commentators, however, say that kurukṣetra means the body and that pa�ca-pāṇḍava refers to the five senses. In this way they distort the meaning, and people are misled. Here Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu confirms that all Vedic literatures, including the Upaniṣads, Brahma-sūtra and others, whether śruti, smṛti or nyāya, must be understood according to their original statements. To describe the direct meaning of the Vedic literatures is glorious, but to describe them in one's own way, using imperfect senses and imperfect knowledge, is a disastrous blunder. Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu fully deprecated the attempt to describe the Vedas in this way.
    source

coming back to topic,

shifted to another thread
    Last edited by Amrut; 13 January 2014 at 11:36 PM.
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaspirituality Amrut View Post
    Namaste,

Just a quck note about 'as it is'. I think this should help clarify Srila Prabhupada's stand

source
    What you quoted is word by word,true Kurukshetra is a region,to be more specific,it was the "Holy Land" of the Vedic Aryans as said in Satapatha Brahmana.RigVeda identifies Kurukshetra(i.e Sarasvati region)as the place of Ila,the best place on earth.

However,i think there was no need to use the term "Foolish commentators",IMO everyone is free to interpret the scriptures in their own POV
    "Only one is the fire,which is inflamed in numerous ways.Only one is the sun, which pervades the whole universe.Only one is the dawn,which illuminates all things. Similarly,all that exists is The One and it has manifested into everything here.”

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

Quote Originally Posted by Aryavartian View Post
    What you quoted is word by word,true Kurukshetra is a region,to be more specific,it was the "Holy Land" of the Vedic Aryans as said in Satapatha Brahmana.RigVeda identifies Kurukshetra(i.e Sarasvati region)as the place of Ila,the best place on earth.

However,i think there was no need to use the term "Foolish commentators",IMO everyone is free to interpret the scriptures in their own POV
    let us keep that aside The idea was there to give an explanation for our understanding why Srila PrabhupAda calls it 'as it is' rather than our own thinking about why he named it . I am not ISKCONite

Yes, in mohanjodaro, there is an epicenter of 50 ft, which is highly radioactive and rocks are melted and fused in one glassy object. This radioactivity spreads wide (Brahmastra --> atom bomb). This is another topic. Will post youtube video in another section.

----------

Hari OM
    Last edited by Amrut; 13 January 2014 at 11:26 PM.

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    <content snipped>

If you are to visit Gujarat [one of the safest states in India and one of the most developed states of India - which houses Shri Dwarka, the holy city that Lord Krishna Dwarkadheesh made when he moved to live in Ancient Gujarat] in the future...you will notice that a Hindu Gujarati, regardless of religious sectarian background whether the person be a Shaiva, Vaishnava, Shakta, or even one of a Vaidika shākhā [heck even the non-Hindus such as the Gujarati Jaina-s], will say "Jai Shri Krishna" as both a salutation and as a valediction. As per the Gujarati Folk Tales, "Gujarat" was created by Lord Krishna himself!

regards,
    A Fellow Gujarati
    Gujarati: sar ji, koi sArA traditional style maa gavAyalA garbA post karo
    English: Sar ji, please post some good garbA-s sung in traditional style

Jai Shri Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by Aryavartian View Post

Hare Krsna,

Kindly note this is the ISKCON subforum, and the person whose vani is quoted as calling "foolish commentators" is the Founder Guru-Acharya of ISKCON. To come to ISKCON subforum and correct the vani of the Guru-Acharya of the Institute, while preaching your own version is not only bad form, it is contrary to Sanskruti principles.

Within the Gaudiya Vaishnava sampradaya everyone is "not free to interpret the scriptures from their own point of view." Within ISKCON, and indeed within every sampradaya of Sanathana Dharma which I know of... worshippable reverance for Guru as a condition of understanding, Kṛṣṇa-prāpti, attaining the Lotus Feet of Lord Krsna has the prerequisite of saranam, taking shelter of a spiritual Master and surrendering unto Him. The Adi-Purusha and Adi-Guru Shri Bhagavan Krsna instructed Arjuna:
    sarva-dharman parityajya
    mam ekam saranam vraja
    aham tvam sarva-papebhyo
    mokshayishyami ma sucah

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me.
    I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear.
    -Bhagavad-gita As It Is 18.66
    We have worshipful reverence for our Guru Acharya's and entire Guru Parampara even if you do not. So it is my humble request that people do not come to this forum to cast aspersions, mistrust, or their own personal "corrections" of our worshippable spiritual Masters.

-please forgive my mistakes
    uttama hañā vaiṣṇava habe nirabhimāna
    jīve sammāna dibe jāni' 'kṛṣṇa'-adhiṣṭhāna

"Although a Vaiṣṇava is a most exalted person, he is prideless and gives
    all respect to everyone, knowing everyone to be the resting place of Kṛṣṇa."
    -Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta Antya 20.25

DD,

Here is something similar to what Amrutbhai posted. It is also by the wonderful Jagjit Singh. I hope you like it. It's about Lord Krishna.

Hare Krishna - Jagjit Singh

Gujarati: sar ji, koi sArA traditional style maa gavAyalA garbA post karo
    English: Sar ji, please post some good garbA-s sung in traditional style

Jai Shri Krishna
    Hehe. Of course - I shall definitely post some traditional-style Garba/Raas in honor of Lord Dwarkadheesh! The following is another Hemant Chauhan piece:

Hemant Chauhan - Raas Garba

And, I'm sure you're familiar with this one: Epicness.

~JSK~

Hare Krsna,

I offer my most fallen and ignorant nature with humblest obeisances at the Lotus Feet of Nitya-Lila Pravist Om Vishnupad Bhakti Siddhanta Srila Prabhupada. All glories to Srila Prabhupada! The majesty and the miracle of your arrival in America to bless fallen souls will never be forgotten. You are our most precious treasure. From Guru comes the consciousness of God/Krsna. Let people say what they want. I humbly bow at Your Charan forever.

ISKCON Mayapur Sri Guru-vandana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70knDHqKePM
    S'rî Guru-vandanâ (Guru Puja)
    s'rî-guru-carana-padma, kevala-bhakati-sadma
    The teacher his lotus feet, the only way to devotion,

bandô mui sâvadhâna mate,
    full of respect I bow, with prayer, reverence,

jâhâra prasâde bhâi e, bhava toriyâ jâi
    through his grace my godbrother, we may cross the ocean,

krishna-prâpti hoy jâhâ ha'te
    reaching Krishna from there you will realize.

guru-mukha-padma-vâkya, cittete koriyâ aikya
    His mouth like a lotus makes words, find union in the heart,

âr nâ koriho mane âs'â
    For more may a spirit not desire.

s'ri-guru-carane rati, ei se uttama-gati
    attached to the teacher his feet, is the ultimate goal

ye prasâde pure sarva âs'â
    his grace is the fulfillment of all hope

cakhu-dân dilo yei, janme janma prabhu sei
    Someone who made me see, life after life my lord,

divya-jñân hride prokâs'ito
    the idea of God revealed in my heart.

prema-bhakti jâhâ hoite, avidyâ vinâs'a jâte
    the Loving service of whom, destroys all the darkness,

vede gây jâhâra carito
    hailed by the scriptures is his character.

s'ri-guru karunâ-sindhu, adhama janâra bandhu
    Teacher ocean full of mercy, with low and mindfull our friend,

lokanâth lokera jîvana
    Lord of all granting all a life,

hâ hâ prabhu koro doyâ, deho more pada-châyâ
    O, o master be of mercy, protect me at your feet,

ebe jas'a ghushuk tribhuvana
    thus the glory over the three worlds,

dui pade laila s'arâna
    thus the shelter of the feet,

prabhupâda-patita-pâvana
    Prabhupâda savior of the souls.

jaya prabhupâda, jaya prabhupâda
    jaya prabhupâda, jaya prabhupâda

Namaste,

Just to be safe and not to offend anyone, I have shifted links to a general Vaishnava forum with thread title Devotional songs dedicated to Shri Krishna Bhagavan

Since forum rule discourage duplicate posts, I have deleted them from this thread.

Apologies for lapse. If there is anything that needs to be deleted, do let me know.

Jai Shri Krishna

Namaste,

Just to be safe and not to offend anyone, I have shifted links to a general Vaishnava forum with thread title Devotional songs dedicated to Shri Krishna Bhagavan

Since forum rule discourage duplicate posts, I have deleted them from this thread.

Apologies for lapse. If there is anything that needs to be deleted, do let me know.

Jai Shri Krishna
    Hare Krsna,

Prabhuji you are not offending in any way. My reply was prompted because couple of fellows think they have the standing to correct the Guru-Acharya of ISKCON on an ISKCON sub-forum devotional thread and my point was to highlight the nature of GURU is properly respect and submission and not criticism, fault-finding or challenging.

My humble apologies for distressing anyone. Please let's return to sharing nice kirtan and chanting the Holy Names.

Hare Krsna

Aindra Prabhu - Harinama Sankirtana Revolution (Full version with photos)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r5ek4h7cdY

Thread Information