Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beautiful and attractive ? Beware ...

Re: Beautiful and attractive ? Beware ...

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste friends,

Last day I was thinking over what brings misery and sufferings to us ? I zeroed on these things : First place goes to things which look beautiful to us and are attractive to our mind. Second place goes to our unnecessary fear of body-pain and death.

Any thoughts ???

OM

Dear Devotee ji,

I feel misery and suffering to a great extent is brought about by desire,hope,expectations and fear.

Fear actually rules our lives.In fact its fear that actually makes most humans pray.

Everyone is afraid of something hence they run to God for help that at times only increases their desires and hope and expectations and the vicious cycle goes on and on.

Its actually not impossible to put an end to desire,hope and expectations but its very very difficult to put an end to fear.

Partly we fear becos fear has been instilled into us as we grew up...then the fear of right and wrong comes..then finally the fear of death because none of us have any idea what happens after death.

I guess when we want to hold on to everything fear increases.

Re: Beautiful and attractive ? Beware ...

Namaste ,

Loneliness is not the same as Aloneness.

In Loneliness a person craves company and has desires....in Aloneness a person is contented and does not crave company.
    Last edited by renuka; 07 September 2014 at 11:53 PM.

Thread Information