Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: giving alms for begger

Re: giving alms for begger

Thank you all for your knowledge and sorry for my lately reply...
    I agree with devotee ji that most of our answers are find in bhagavat geeta, I read it online before 1 year but I think I should buy its hardcopy to read it whenever I have time, so I'll not forget geeta.
    So, I will follow lord krishna's words of not giving dana to undeserved, but we can't deny believer ji and satay ji's friend's view I also agree with them ... If we give dana to undeserve, its papa... As he uses our dana in bad motive but if we don't give him dana he will not become good and spiritual person, his life will not become good.
    So from your replies dana means not only money if we help that undeserved to make him deserved then we are true dani, there are many things we can do for such people but worst part is no one take efforts to do that (including me).
    And when I think about this begger mafias, I feel so bad... How can one person reach at this level in evilness... Sometimes I think. Lord kalki should come and destroy all this yug and again satyayug should come but I know, I can't see this in my this birth till god should give all this people the grace of his knowledge...
    And hope we can give others what they want from us and god may give us power for that.
    -Pranam
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Quote Originally Posted by grames View Post
    Dear Soul of Light.,

Punya Dhan is a very unique and complex as well. Giving your Punya as Dhan to someone unbounded by the TriKala. ( Punya is result of Dhan and giving that as Dhan results in another Punya - TriKala means, in the past, present and future - all at once meaning once all Punya are given as Dhan, you do not hold any Punya for yourself.)

Also interesting to pass a note here., every Soul has the boundaries to acquire its Punya or merit. Surpassing the boundaries of accounting the punya is not possible but the gaining of such punya is possible. So, those who are full with their limits do distribute their punya to the deserving devotees and this is the idea behind extra ordinary Guru's showering their grace due to the available punya to their deserving disciples or devotees.

Hare Krshna!
    thank you for information, so as name suggests punya dan is dan of punya but how can we do this by praying or only saying I am giving my punya to that person or by visualizing the light of our punya going to that person or any other method?
    -Pranam
    (I think, I am going offtopic but I am curious for this...)
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Namaste,

Whereas Bhagwad Gita has answers to all our problems in life, it is often misconstrued to justify our positions on certain issues. Case in point; some individuals would quote certain verses to justify their position on giving alms, but then turn around and be in favor of Shiva bhaktas who smoke ganja, ostensibly to deepen their meditation, which is a highly controversial and questionable practice. Now we have the scenario in which some of us feel it to be a pious act to donate to the Babas in Kashi with drug habits but deny the same to a beggar. Is that not the height of duplicity and hypocrisy? Bhagwad Gita is used as a crutch to discourage alternate points of view, not knowing how shallow we sound with our narrow and literal interpretations.

Like I said, when we shut our brains and start jumping up and down in the name of Bhagwad Gita, we don't come out looking very smart at all. We seem to support the drug habits of Shiva bhakta Babas of Northern India and Nepal but become very judgmental with a beggar.

Pranam.

Thread Information