Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Misinformation and manipulation disguised as True Hinduism

Re: Misinformation and manipulation disguised as True Hinduism

I am very sorry you went through this P, you are one of the most wonderful, thoughtful Hindu I know...

Saddest part, such Asuric behaviour means this one is very shrouded in ignorance and should be left as a cobra...we should stay far away from such hatred and anger.

Hari Om!

NayaSurya, thank-you for your wisdom and research into this matter. I believe that it is a great contribution to the forum.

I hope that this doesn't take things off track, but does anyone have any experience or post on www.speakingtree.in ? It is similar to Facebook but spiritual in nature. I follow a few "masters" and am "followed" by a few members as well. Very beneficial IMHO.

Om Namah Sivaya
    Jai Hanuman!

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    I'll also see with my lawyer friends what I can do regarding this violence against truth.
    The internet is not protected by any country's free speech laws, unless you post something blatantly libelous (libel is defamation in writing; slander is oral defamation). Any webmaster, moderator or administrator of any site can edit or delete content they deem "inappropriate" to the site or their purposes. There are probably TOS posted somewhere stating that. It stinks, but much in life does.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Quote Originally Posted by TouchedbytheLord View Post
    The internet is not protected by any country's free speech laws, unless you post something blatantly libelous (libel is defamation in writing; slander is oral defamation). Any webmaster, moderator or administrator of any site can edit or delete content they deem "inappropriate" to the site or their purposes. There are probably TOS posted somewhere stating that. It stinks, but much in life does.
    You mean like this: http://bit.ly/sSncHb?

You want to be a Hindu? Stop bashing Christianity because Jesus was an Avatar of God and you are not. You are just a sorry little **** that likes to label himself/herself as “Hindu.”

And here's my response:

Hello.

Here's Pietro Impagliazzo. I'd like to know where you got your information on why I'm sectarian. Did you get in contact with my beliefs or discussed them with me? I don't recall such thing.

I also hold believe that Shaiva is a very nice sect, very orthodox yet welcoming of different thoughts.

I happen to disagree with Christianity mainly because of the things it did to ITSELF. Like removing reincarnation as a belief because of some very narrow-minded emperor in the past.

If you ever discussed with me you'd see that I also hold belief that sex is not evil and should not be demonized.

The whole problematic was that my comment was not only deleted from True Hinduism (I see no problem in deleting a comment in one own's site) but my comment was tampered and made as if I agreed, my own expression of truth was tainted. That I cannot accept, because I live in the motto of Satyameva Jayate.

Please consider that while nudity and sex are not evil, they are not be used in an untasteful or trivial manner, the numinous should be treated with great reverence.

You should consider practicing ahimsa in speech, we need not to call each other names to discuss ideas.

Be well,

Om
    Last edited by Adhvagat; 23 November 2011 at 12:17 PM.

The link is blocked from work, so I can't see it. But it's as simple as I said above. There is no right to free speech on the internet, for anyone.

However, if something false and detrimental to a person's reputation is put into writing for others to see, it's libel and subject to legal action. Sometimes web admins know that and will remove the libelous remarks before it gets out of hand or noticed.

I sympathize with you, as I've had comments removed and/or edited from a site or two for no good reason other than the admin disagreed with me. The internet is a breeding ground for comments that people would probably never make face to face.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Pietro and Naya,
    Sorry you had to go through the torture. Hinduism cant be tarnished so easily, let them be happy with what they do. Just don’t feed their egos.

Don’t ever bother reading those blogs or if you are curious then never ever comment there. As I had unsuccessfully tried convincing Cakee a few days ago, a faith will be confirmed NOT misinterpreted if their adherents apply faith as the basis for their abuse of fellow humans with clear approval of majority adherents. Anyone can see hindus are very argumentative and wont submit to any form of oppression (including diet), they find quick remedies for any aberrant /misinterpreted verses especially when such verses lead to hardship of people.

At the end of the day you are boosting his ego(read evil) and even ratings for crying out loud. Soon Heritage foundation or Templeton foundation or such may invite him as an expert on hinduism and post ensuing seminar footage on the web. Landscape of religion became very political and manipulative and hateful, thanks to the abrahamics. Hindus and Buddhists don’t have the commitment or resources the abrahamics have. They run blogs not for debate/education, they do so to spread hatred by spreading lies. As sm said above, abrahamics fund those blogs since money is an huge abrahamic tool to persuade people to recruit to their parties (faiths !!). Namaste.
    Last edited by charitra; 23 November 2011 at 01:13 PM.

Ty for posting that PI, as I would not have went back to be in the presence of such a being.

This is the problem. This person posts who is and who isn't a Hindu, but one of the things on their list is people who do such a thing.

Sad to say a being would, without knowing me say such things...all of you know how I hold the line many times whenever I see sex being labled a sin on here. Most of what this being says is not out of line with my own ideas. Not that this would matter one bit. You don't have to agree with me, be as me...or even like me to exist.

So PI, he backs down for you and says...hmm...sorry about cursing you out...perhaps I was hasty...you may be okay. I will allow you to exist.

But who is he to evaluate you one way or another? or anyone for that matter. Who qualified him to make lists of the things which Hindu would be and would not be?

I am glad at this moment I am a Dharmist and therefore not subject to the multiple vulgar rants about "Hindu".

I pray for them to find that Love which is supposedly what they claim is at the center of Being Hindu. Because one whom really felt that Love would never be able to treat another portion in such a disgusting way.

Either way, I would personally warn anyone who was seeking, to avoid a novice who has only been Hindu for a year, yet attempting to teach...and also which claims to have seen and spoken to jesus christ.

If Beloved would come to us in the form He would see in our hearts. This image would not be found in this heart.

And most of all, the final reason would be....anyone who would allow a cobra such as this to post, contribute and berate other Hindu, is and will be taken as the company he keeps.

I will not say another word about this, nor visit the door of the cobra again.

Only thing I can do is pray, somewhere that Love begins to become nurtured and the hatred is removed.
    Last edited by NayaSurya; 23 November 2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: grammar

I think everything was worked out and while we may not agree with what a certain person holds as a belief (as we all do here, many here follow different principles in the path of dharma) perhaps the situation escalated because that's the natural reaction of egos clashing (now I get why two nations kill each other in war, the bigger the ego, the worse things escalate).

What really set my mind on fire was the incident of the tampering, that made me look everything with strong suspicion. But since the admin of the site promptly fixed everything, there's nothing more to worry about.

Putting myself in their shoes, perhaps my stance seemed a little to radical to denounce with strong words so quickly, even if that was not the intention (but hell is filled with good intentioned people as they say).

EM is right, "go pray Ganesha" is the best thing to do to appease one's mind.

Om

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    I think everything was worked out and while we may not agree with what a certain person holds as a belief (as we all do here, many here follow different principles in the path of dharma) perhaps the situation escalated because that's the natural reaction of egos clashing (now I get why two nations kill each other in war, the bigger the ego, the worse things escalate).

What really set my mind on fire was the incident of the tampering, that made me look everything with strong suspicion. But since the admin of the site promptly fixed everything, there's nothing more to worry about.

Putting myself in their shoes, perhaps my stance seemed a little to radical to denounce with strong words so quickly, even if that was not the intention (but hell is filled with good intentioned people as they say).

EM is right, "go pray Ganesha" is the best thing to do to appease one's mind.

Om
    Vannakkam: This is so impressive, PI. The other philosophical belief we (at least I sure the heck do) tend to forget about is that it was our own karma to get us into this situation in the first place. The method of mitigation in such cases is to just stop the war, by not continuing it. So why recreate the whole story all over again by continuing? Then later it just comes back again. So it becomes, "Is the only lesson learned is we never learn the lesson?"

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information