Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Completely independent...

Re: Completely independent...

Quote Originally Posted by JaiMaaDurga View Post
    Namaste,

But returning to this Svatantra: To me, this concept is pointed to by the concept of Lila. In my admittedly poor and limited understanding, Lila is only possible in Svatantra- or else it could not truly be called Lila, and then we are not talking about the Divine, the Supreme- but something limited, and circumscribed easily by human minds.

JAI MATA DI

praNAm _/\_

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

The rishis of olden times seem to have been independent of any needs, except for the need to experience absolute bliss. We see that many of them did tapasya without food, sometimes even without breathing. Some examples that come to the mind are Mandhaata (he did tapas for supposedly 10,000 years under water) and Chyavana (did tapas covered by a thick bush for many, many years). They did not have socio-economic or physical needs. So can they be considered as having existed completely independent?

Also how can paramatma, god, is able to be completely independent at the same time be able to manifest, at his will, in a full-fledged human form and present himself for lilas? Does he, even being god, have a need to experience the bliss of satsang? It is also said, god only created the world and populated it with humans because he had the need for company.

Sorry if my questions are ignorant or in some way, a meaningless diversion to this thread.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirant01 View Post
    The rishis of olden times seem to have been independent of any needs, except for...
    I offer the following just for perspective, to compare and contrast ideas. Any time there is an exception , then is it not of the full quality of perfectly free or svātantrya.
    Now according to kṛṣṇa-jī taking care of the needs of the body, one does no harm with eating, breathing and the like. Why so ? Because it is the 3 guna-s acting within the field they are responsible for.

So, what then can be perfectly free ? It is Self, ātmā; it is stainless. We are none other. Yet there is this body that operates within the field of the laws of nature, and according to the laws of nature.

We are also taught that this svātantrya is also śakti - perfectly free. Why so ? more on this at another time.

iti śivaṁ

यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information