Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brahmacharya, Kundalini

Re: Brahmacharya, Kundalini

Namaste Yajvan ji,

Thank you for giving great explanation. I totally agree that Brahma-acharya is not just holding up sensual thoughts or urges.

I realize that as more we go towards north (brahman / God) the south (world and it's objects) automatically distance. Hence sattvik qualities like shat sampatti are automatically induced. On the other hand, our efforts to stay in satva or as you say infusing sattva increases sattva guna and hence reduces effect of non-spiritual urges and cravings.

I will attempt to define as you have pointed out.

Yajvan ji, I was thinking of creating a thread dedicated to terminology and their meaning.

I hope OP is reading it, as thread was activated after a month

Words:

Brahman = Non-dual attributeless supreme reality.

sAdhana CatuShTa varNana (four qualities to practice advaita)

Vivek Chudamani (choodamani) says that four sadhans (qualities) are necessary / required for one to progress in advaita. (sAdhana chatusta varNana).

1. Vivek - discrimination between Real and Unreal. i.e. only Atman, Brahman is real, everything else is unreal

2. Vairagya - dispassion in society (worldly matters)

3. Shatsampatti (6 values)

a. Sham – Control over mind

b. Dam – Control over 5 senses

c. Uprati – Saturation point (control over mins and saturation brings the saturation of slinging or attachment in any worldly attachment)

d. Titiskha – To stay neutral in favourable and unfavourable circumstances

e. Shraddha – Faith in Yourself (I am doing nothing wrong in practicing this path), Guru, God and Shastras.

f. Samadhan – To stay focused on the practice (one-pointedness like that of tiger).

4. Mumukshatva – Burning desire for liberation.

Notes: Though 4 qualities are given by an Advaita acharya, it is equally applicable to Yog. I have seen commentaries and lectures by Paramhansa Prajnanananda of Kriya Yoga.
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

hariḥ o
    ~~~~~~
    namast

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaspirituality Amrut View Post
    Yajvan ji, I was thinking of creating a thread dedicated to terminology and their meaning.
    Yes, this was the intent of the dharma lexicon
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Yet it is not open to all for posting. We found some tend to ~improvise~ on definition and/or chose brevity over a robust explanation. Hence the posts additions are metered out.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Dear friends,
    Kundalini awakenig is associated with many strange experiences . Since no two experiences in one person or beween two different persons are same it is rather difficult to give any opininon. Kundalini , the cosmic energy lies two inches above the anus and two inches below the genital organ There is some connection between Kundalini and sexual activity. Kundalini travels from Brahmadwara at the mooladhara chakra to Brahmarandhra at Sahasrara chakra , if the travel is smooth and uninhibited .Brahma randhra is the point of liberation and Brahmadwara is the point of creation . Kundalini lies at brahmadwara in adhomukha and when that energy flows towards world it ieads to creation . When once it turns upwords and reaches Brahmarandhra where it merges with Shival it is liberation .Shiva is consciousness and Shakthi is bliss and the confluence of these two is eternal bliss . In the process of Kundalini awakening the first obstacle is brahmagrandhi which has many nerves and blood vessels which apply pressure on the brahmanadi . Due to this reason , some sadhakas experience intense vibrations in that region , which make them to feel guilty and shamed of that experience if they do not know the exact functioning . It is not any thing wrong or disease. . saswathy

Thread Information