Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harinam Sankirtan!~

Harinam Sankirtan!~

Hare Krsna forum Sanga ji,

Would like to kindly share nice devotional topic with everyone.

satatam kirtayanto mam
    yatantas ca dridha-vratah
    namasyantas ca mam bhaktya
    nitya-yukta upasate

Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination, bowing
    down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion.
    -Bhagavad-gita As It Is 9.14

What magnificent tejas in this darshan! Srila Prabhupada ki Jai!~

ISKCON Birmingham 24 Hour Kirtan 2012 HH Sacinandana Swami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL-4E54sNjk
    uttama hañā vaiṣṇava habe nirabhimāna
    jīve sammāna dibe jāni' 'kṛṣṇa'-adhiṣṭhāna

"Although a Vaiṣṇava is a most exalted person, he is prideless and gives
    all respect to everyone, knowing everyone to be the resting place of Kṛṣṇa."
    -Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta Antya 20.25

Re: Harinam Sankirtan!~

praNAm,
    Quote Originally Posted by Devi Dasi View Post
    Hare Krsna forum Sanga ji,

Would like to kindly share nice devotional topic with everyone.

satatam kirtayanto mam
    yatantas ca dridha-vratah
    namasyantas ca mam bhaktya
    nitya-yukta upasate

Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination, bowing
    down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion.
    -Bhagavad-gita As It Is 9.14

I realize that this is the hare kR^iShNa forum (so pardon me if my comments are out of place), but the phrase nityayuktA upAsate more similarly means "continually absorbed in [my] worship;" the overall meaning does not change, but an important factor in the relationship between the jIvAtmA (the bhakta) and the antaryAmI (bhagavAn) is left out; in other words, "yukta" in this context seems to connote some sort of connection and/or absorption more than just performance or action.

What magnificent tejas in this darshan! Srila Prabhupada ki Jai!~

ISKCON Birmingham 24 Hour Kirtan 2012 HH Sacinandana Swami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL-4E54sNjk
    Indeed, jai shrI prabhupAd

राधे श्याम राधे श्याम श्याम श्याम राधे राधे
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskaran Singh View Post
    praNAm,

I realize that this is the hare kR^iShNa forum (so pardon me if my comments are out of place), but the phrase nityayuktA upAsate more similarly means "continually absorbed in [my] worship;" the overall meaning does not change, but an important factor in the relationship between the jIvAtmA (the bhakta) and the antaryAmI (bhagavAn) is left out; in other words, "yukta" in this context seems to connote some sort of connection and/or absorption more than just performance or action.

Indeed, jai shrI prabhupAd

राधे श्याम राधे श्याम श्याम श्याम राधे राधे
    Hare Krsna,

Please forgive if there is any misunderstanding or offense as purpose of the post is to uplift consciousness to smarana of Divine Presence in the Sound vibration of the Hari Namas. I don't know why you would think there is only "performance or action" implied in this post which is about engaging perpetually in devotional worship with a linked video of devotees engaged in Harinam Sankirtana.

SYNONYMS
    satatam -- always; kirtayantah -- chanting; mam -- about Me; yatantah -- fully endeavoring; ca -- also; dridha-vratah -- with determination; namasyantah -- offering obeisances; ca -- and; mam -- Me; bhaktya -- in devotion; nitya-yuktah -- perpetually engaged; upasate -- worship.

Excerpt from Srila Prabhupada's PURPORT:
    "That is devotion: sravanam kirtanam vishnoh and smaranam, remembering Him. Such a mahatma has firm determination to achieve at the ultimate end the association of the Supreme Lord in any one of the five transcendental rasas. To achieve that success, he engages all activities -- mental, bodily and vocal, everything -- in the service of the Supreme Lord, Sri Krishna. That is called full Krishna consciousness.

In devotional service there are certain activities which are called determined, such as fasting on certain days, like the eleventh day of the moon, Ekadasi, and on the appearance day of the Lord. All these rules and regulations are offered by the great acaryas for those who are actually interested in getting admission into the association of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the transcendental world. The mahatmas, great souls, strictly observe all these rules and regulations, and therefore they are sure to achieve the desired result.

As described in the second verse of this chapter, not only is this devotional service easy, but it can be performed in a happy mood. One does not need to undergo any severe penance and austerity. He can live this life in devotional service, guided by an expert spiritual master, and in any position, either as a householder or a sannyasi or a brahmacari; in any position and anywhere in the world, he can perform this devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead and thus become actually mahatma, a great soul."
    http://vedabase.net/bg/9/14/en1
    loke 'pi bhagavad-guṇa-śravaṇa-kīrtanāt

One achieves bhakti by hearing and chanting about the Supreme Lord's special qualities,
    even while engaged in the ordinary activities of life in this world.
    -Nārada Bhakti Sūtra 37

PURPORT

"Someone might say that Nārada is being unreasonable in advocating "uninterrupted loving service." How can those who are busy with duties in the world maintain constant bhajana? But Nārada, like all ācāryas, is well aware of the worldly situation and the jīva's predicament. Thus he recommends śravaṇaḿ kīrtanam, hearing and chanting about the Lord, for all persons at all times. An outstanding example of a Kṛṣṇa conscious devotee who was busy in the world is Arjuna, Kṛṣṇa's friend. And it was Lord Kṛṣṇa Himself who insisted that Arjuna not renounce the battlefield in favor of meditation:
    tasmāt sarveṣu kāleṣu mām anusmara yudhya ca
    mayy arpita-mano-buddhir mām evaiṣyasy asaḿśayaḥ

"Therefore, Arjuna, you should always think of Me in the form of Kṛṣṇa and at the same time carry out your prescribed duty of fighting. With your activities dedicated to Me and your mind and intelligence fixed on Me, you will attain Me without doubt" (Bg. 8.7).
    Śrīla Prabhupāda writes, "The Lord never suggests anything impractical.... If he [Arjuna] doesn't practice remembering Kṛṣṇa while he is struggling for existence, then it will not be possible for him to remember Kṛṣṇa at the time of death" (Bg. Introduction). Lord Caitanya also advises, kīrtanīyaḥ sadā hariḥ: [Cc. adi 17.31] "One should always chant the names of the Lord."

Still the question remains, How can an active person perform double duty — work and chant at the same time? But it is possible, through love. Prabhupāda gave the example of a man who goes to work in an office while his young son is very ill at home. Out of natural affection, the father is always thinking, "How is the boy?" ...In the same way, we should always remember the supreme lover, Śrī Kṛṣṇa, even while meticulously discharging our material duties. If we say, "But I lack strong love for Kṛṣṇa," the only remedy is vaidhi-bhakti. The very purpose of this training stage of bhakti is to bring out our original love for God, just as striking a match brings out a flame. And among all the devotional practices, the foremost are śravaṇaḿ kīrtanaḿ viṣṇoḥ [SB 7.5.23], hearing and chanting the glories of the Lord...

Understanding the awkward position of people in the Kali-yuga, the Supreme Lord has given us the chanting of the holy names as the yuga-dharma, the religion of the age:
    harer nāma harer nāma harer nāmaiva kevalam
    kalau nāsty eva nāsty eva nāsty eva gatir anyathā
    [Adi 17.21]

"In this age of quarrel and hypocrisy, the only means of deliverance is the chanting of the holy names of the Lord. There is no other way. There is no other way. There is no other way" (Bṛhan-nāradīya Purāṇa).
    Śrīla Prabhupāda formed the International Society for Krishna Consciousness on the basis of the yuga-dharma and Nārada Muni's instructions in this sūtra. Throughout the world, many of Prabhupāda's followers chant sixteen rounds of the Hare Kṛṣṇa mantra daily, attend a morning and evening program of kīrtana and scriptural discourse, and follow the four rules prohibiting sinful life — even while pursuing active professional careers. Lord Kṛṣṇa has personally promised Nārada Muni that whoever chants His glories will attain the Lord's mercy, despite social or occupational status:
    nāhaḿ tiṣṭhāmi vaikuṇṭhe yogināḿ hṛdayeṣu vā
    yatra gāyanti mad-bhaktāḥ tatra tiṣṭhāmi nārada

"My dear Nārada, I do not dwell in Vaikuṇṭha or in the hearts of the yogī, but wherever My devotees sing My glories" (Padma Purāṇa).
    http://vedabase.net/nbs/37/
    Last edited by Devi Dasi; 13 January 2014 at 12:33 AM.

Hare Krsna,

Please forgive if there is any misunderstanding or offense as purpose of the post is to uplift consciousness to smarana of Divine Presence in the Sound vibration of the Hari Namas. I don't know why you would think there is only "performance or action" implied in this post which is about engaging perpetually in devotional worship with a linked video of devotees engaged in Harinam Sankirtana.
    I realize that and I'm not saying that there's anything inherently wrong in his bhAShyam either, I'm merely pointing out that the "as it is" translation uses "these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion" for mAM bhaktyA nityayuktA upAsate. I, personally, don't think it accurately conveys the original meaning of "nityayuktA;" to be perpetually engaged is more similar to perpetually performing the devotion, whereas yuktA seems to be indicating that the bhakta (from this worship) develops dearness/closeness to bhagavAn. All I'm saying is that the word choice could have been a bit different.
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskaran Singh View Post

I realize that and I'm not saying that there's anything inherently wrong in his bhAShyam either, I'm merely pointing out that the "as it is" translation uses "these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion" for mAm bhaktya nityayuktA upAsate. I, personally, don't think it accurately conveys the original meaning of "nityayuktA;" to be perpetually engaged is more similar to perpetually performing the devotion, whereas yuktA seems to be indicating that the bhakta (from this worship) develops dearness/closeness to bhagavAn. All I'm saying is that the word choice could have been a bit different.
    I don't question the translational choices of my Guru Acharyas. Also am aware that Sanskrit has multiple meanings and Shri Bhagavad-Gita has been interpreted differently by different Acharyas and persons. Am also aware many persons don't like "As-it-is" or the ISKCON 4 regs, or the bead bags, or the term demigods or thousand other things. But this is ISKCON section, we should be welcome here and this post is for devotional purposes. No point in debating what is proper, who is better and lose all the sukriti which we would gain through HariNama.

Hare Krsna

Hare Krsna forum Sanga,

Please enjoy heart-touching kirtan!~

Murali Manohar Gopala - Shree Krishna's Bhajan | Sachin Limiye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSYrGrIn23c

Murali Manohar Gopala - Shree Krishna's Bhajan | Sachin Limiye[/B]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSYrGrIn23c
    Namaste,

I noticed that the video was uploaded by a "UnitedWayofBaroda". I would just like to state that the name of this member is actually representative of an actual United Way of Baroda, which is located in Gujarat...which sponsors the world's best and most popular Garba celebration - which occurs in Baroda, Gujarat.

The Garba, along with Dandiya-Raas, is a Gujarati Folk Dance that was taught to the Ancient Gujaratis by Lord Krishna himself!

If you are to visit Gujarat [one of the safest states in India and one of the most developed states of India - which houses Shri Dwarka, the holy city that Lord Krishna Dwarkadheesh made when he moved to live in Ancient Gujarat] in the future...you will notice that a Hindu Gujarati, regardless of religious sectarian background whether the person be a Shaiva, Vaishnava, Shakta, or even one of a Vaidika shākhā [heck even the non-Hindus such as the Gujarati Jaina-s], will say "Jai Shri Krishna" as both a salutation and as a valediction. As per the Gujarati Folk Tales, "Gujarat" was created by Lord Krishna himself!

regards,
    A Fellow Gujarati

ps - Very nice bhajan; 'twas bookmarked right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Namaste,

I noticed that the video was uploaded by a "UnitedWayofBaroda". I would just like to state that the name of this member is actually representative of an actual United Way of Baroda, which is located in Gujarat...which sponsors the world's best and most popular Garba celebration - which occurs in Baroda, Gujarat.

The Garba, along with Dandiya-Raas, is a Gujarati Folk Dance that was taught to the Ancient Gujaratis by Lord Krishna himself!

If you are to visit Gujarat [one of the safest states in India and one of the most developed states of India - which houses Shri Dwarka the holy city that Lord Krishna made when he moved to live in Ancient Gujarat] in the future...you will notice that a Hindu Gujarati, regardless of religious sectarian background whether the person be a Shaiva, Vaishnava, Shakta, or even one of a Vaidika shākhā [heck even the non-Hindus such as the Gujarati Jaina-s], will say "Jai Shri Krishna" as both a salutation and as a valediction.

regards,
    A Fellow Gujarati
    Hare Krsna,

How lovely! Yes the bhajan very much touched my heart with it's beauty. Would love one day to visit Gujarat blessed by Shri Shri Bhagavan Krsnaji!~

Jai Shri Krsna!~

Hare Krsna,

How lovely! Yes the bhajan very much touched my heart with it's beauty. Would love one day to visit Gujarat blessed by Shri Shri Bhagavan Krsnaji!~

Jai Shri Krsna!~
    DD,

I am 100% sure you will like this bhajan that I recommend by the popular Gujarati singer, Hemant Chauhan. It is for Lord Krishna:

Sacha Satsangma Re by Heman Chauhan

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    DD,

I am 100% sure you will like this bhajan that I recommend by the popular Gujarati singer, Hemant Chauhan. It is for Lord Krishna:

Sacha Satsangma Re by Heman Chauhan
    Wow, absolutely love this! It's glorious~ Thank you so much for sharing!

Hare Krsna

Thread Information