Thread: OM SHRI GANESHAYA NAMAH!

OM SHRI GANESHAYA NAMAH!

Namaste my beloved brothers, sisters & all faces of Brahman,
    I have been actively been following the Sanatana Dharma for about 6 years now. I wasnt born into a highly religious family, nor is anyone in my family very religious, but the spark to know "God" has always burned hot & bright in me.

I have studied & tried my hand at many traditions over the years, but they left me feeling like either I did not belong or there was some great mystery I could never know. This did not sit well with me. I have always felt that "God" was so close to me & wanted me to know everything there was to know about It's glory. It was finally the Mahavakya "Tat Tvam Asi" that showed be the truth & the lotus of my mind began to bloom with Brahmavidya.

To be honest, I'm not sure where I first read the Mahavakya, but it instantly resonated with me. Since then I have taken up studying Vedanta online via many sources; mostly via MP3s recorded by the devoted students of Swami Tadatmananda Saraswati, as well s his own Guru's work (Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati).

I identify as a Shaivite, but I have not received initiation into any tradition, nor have I worshiped at the lotus feet of any Guru. I hope to one day take Diksha from Swami Tadatmananda, but life as a householder is not forgiving for me at this time. I don't even have any local temples that I can visit. In fact, I am the only Dharmi I personally know other than just online. I live in a very rural area & most of the people around me are christians. It's not easy, but Dharma defends those who defend Dharma.

I hope to enjoy insight & friendship with many here. Please feel free to drop me messages & point me to interesting topics. Thank you for your time.

OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA!
    Rudra

Re: OM SHRI GANESHAYA NAMAH!

Pranam Rudrabhakt, and warm welcome here.

I wish you all the best on your spiritual journey as a Dharmi, and also appreciate your years' efforts, your realisations with the mahāvākya.

Though I am a born Indian Hindu, the real entry point for me was another mahāvākya, "Satyam-Shivam-Sundaram". And though today I no more look up to Vedanta (but consider it as an important tradition) I do enjoy the company of Hindus who are bhakta-s and advanced into their own paths.

Sometimes it may so happen that you, or your views, may not be accepted by other Hindus, and you may even feel opposition, or some denial. But it also is understood that in the path of Dharma we reinvent our whole selves, and this in itself is a "violent" act. And then there is burden, we all have near and dear souls, who care for us, and need to be taken care of, so it is never a exercise for a personal "moksha" to even start with.

Sri Ram.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Welcome to HDF. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.
    Aum Namah Shivaya.

Hari Om!

A most warm welcome and looking forward to many more of your posts.

Om

HariH Om!
    @Kalicharan Tuvij , thank you for the warm welcome. I understand that there will always be those who disagree. That's the nature of things. I simply remind myself that every mouth is Ishvara's mouth & every Jiva is following their own Dharma. Even the worst agent of Adharma serves Dharma in the end.

@IcyCosmic & c.smith, Thank you both for your warm welcome. I hope to have much to share & learn here in these forums.

OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA!

Welcome, friend!

"Be the change you wish to see in other people." ~Gandhi

Thread Information