Thread: Bhagavad Gita Abhiyaan given Second Consideration?

Bhagavad Gita Abhiyaan given Second Consideration?

Namaste

I appears per an article dated in December of last year, that introducing the Bhagavad Gita into the Karnataka school curricula is in consideration after withdrawing such currucula after facing stiff opposition from minority religious communities.

Actually, I am sort of confused as to the status of this across India, I have been told another state (UP) has the Gita as part of public education cirriculum. Anyone have the full story on this?

Chief Minister of Karnataka said, in support of such initiative, "... the Gita is not confined to one religion. It has more to do with human values... "

What is the status of BG in cirriculum of public schools, or for that matter any other Hindu scripture in 2014?

Om Namah Sivaya

Re: Bhagavad Gita Abhiyaan given Second Consideration?

Namaste,

Shiva fan, an excellent question; I believe that the Universal Shaiva Fellowship are trying to bring the teachings of swami lakshman ju to a status of educational material in a package for university's.

I am aware of this as it was mentioned I stated that I had to pay extremely high import tax on there copy of the Bhagavad Gita, when delivered from America to France, which might otherwise be avoided.

Kind regards.

om namah sivaya:

Namaste Mana

Thanks for sharing that information.

By the way, that web link you shared, I am extremely impressed by it, and it sort of came in tbe "nick of time" for me on many fronts.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste Shiva Fan,

Yes it is a wonderful site, with many examples and explanations. I am so glad that you have found it to be beneficial, might I suggest to you also that the material recorded by John Hughes over the years, they are absolute gems.
    I am building up quite a collection; swami Lakshman Jū's words resonate so deeply with my soul, confirming to me that which I already know and thus helping me to remember.

It is most wonderful to no longer feel quite so alone; To have references upon which to lean and from which to learn. Most to whom you communicate of such, steal your mind; knowledge of such, helps one to give willingly.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 23 February 2014 at 01:46 AM.

Thread Information