Thread: Sports (Cricket) Section??

Sports (Cricket) Section??

Namaste Satay,

How about a section, or at least a sub-section, for sports; especially cricket?

It is interesting to note that Sachin Tendulkar, the greatest batsman in recent history, is a paragon of Hinduism; decent, well-spoken, brilliant, humble, and liked by all.

His recent double-hundred against the South Africans was just splendid!

JAI HIND!

Namaskar.

Re: Sports (Cricket) Section??

Satay: only if I can rant about curling.. Koe the bald Albertan is up in his game as we speak. I did attend a cricket game here where a bunch of my Sri Lankan friends were playing. After about 6 hours of having the game explained to me, I still had no idea. And ... speaking about the British leaving a lasting influence, TTA, wasn't it those guys who brought cricket to India? wondering if they were Christians. lol

Aum

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    TTA, wasn't it those guys who brought cricket to India? wondering if they were Christians. lol

Aum
    That was below the belt EM, just kidding i know!

i suppose we can take delight in beating them at their own game.

By the way Tandulkar is my Hero.

Anyone for Gili Danda?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    TTA, wasn't it those guys who brought cricket to India? wondering if they were Christians. lol

Aum
    The british did bring cricket to India and perhaps that was only positive influence those mlecchas had in colonizing our country! Too bad worshiping that droopy corpse couldn't get them any world cups though! lol...

Vannakkamm:

See, you've been hoodwinked by the metaphor. The bowler is obviously Satan, the ball is his power. The soul, or batsman uses the stick, Christ to ward off Satan's evil tosses. After so many good deeds or trials, enough runs are scored to enter the kingdom of heaven. Those guys are so subtle in the way they spread their cancerous beliefs.

What about snooker? Who invented that? I grew up in more ways than one in a small town pool hall playing that game.

Aum Namasivaya

namaskar,
    Master Blaster is simply amazing, well, he is the master.
    I am up for a gili danda game or carem anyone?

Well, regarding a sports section, I don't see any reason why we can't have a sports section here. HDF forums are quite spread out from classic vedanta to matters on politics etc. so why not sports?

Does anyone have an opinion against having a sports forum on HDF? Please come forward now...or as they say, hold your peace forever...
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    I am up for a gili danda game or carem anyone?
    Well I f I am ever in your neck of the woods I give you a shout

I see no harm, before any one objects we can remind ourselves, Lord Krishna played with the ball.

How does that song go, all work and no play
    By the way I ended up watching ice hockey final just to see what was all the fuss about.
    Too fast for my liking anyway it was interesting how the victory was nearly snatched from you guys.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Well, if truth be told, I am not a big fan of ice hoceky though it is a canadian sport and the obession to it comparable to our obession to cricket. However, I got stuck in the moment of the winter olympic games and since they were being held in canada and since canada was in the final, it only made sense that I cheered for the home team.

You are right, the game is too fast and we would have lost. The US team was strong and after we did our first goals our team went into defensive mode.

Regarding sports section, I will create it in the next couple of days as long as we add some threads to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    By the way I ended up watching ice hockey final just to see what was all the fuss about.
    Too fast for my liking anyway it was interesting how the victory was nearly snatched from you guys.

Jai Shree Krishna
    satay

Vannakkam:

I plated organised ice hockey as a child. It is a very rough sport. The one time I remember well was the night the Edmonton Oilers won their first championship.

Out temple group at that time had a small rented room just a block off the main party and nightclub area. Although I kind of wanted to watch the final game, I was also the Pandaram priest at that time so instead of watching my team, I went fopr Hindu duty instead. So I remember coming out of the shrine to the sounds of horns honking and people running all over the place celebrating.

Quite the contrast.

I'm not much of a fan except if my team is in it. Baseball is more my game. For coaching, I loved volleyball because it forced the kids to work together as a team and develop character and communication skills.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information