Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's collect not ISKCON-related VAISHNAVA sites here, pls.

Exclamation Let's collect not ISKCON-related VAISHNAVA sites here, pls.

Hi,

I am deeply interested in Vaishnava philosophy, beliefs, thoughs so I myself search information about it online. But most often I bump into ones that are ISKCON-related. I respect their ways as others' as well. But I would like to get to know great Vaishnava (not ISKCON-related) sites ( homepages, sources, blogs etc.).

Could we collect some ones here, please?
    Last edited by Elizabeth108; 30 June 2010 at 01:08 AM.

2. Post Re: Let's collect not ISKCON-related VAISHNAVA sites here, pls.

Dear Elizabeth

let me start the list with two links to my gurudev who comes in a traditional Gaudiya Vaisnava line.

www.uttama-bhakti.org - an introductory site with a forum (English and Spanish)
    www.sriharidasniwas.org - the official homepage

Hope this will inspire others to add more links.

Re: Let's collect not ISKCON-related VAISHNAVA sites here, pls.

Dear Elizabeth,
    this is the site of my Gurudeva Shrila Narayana Maharaja, he is in the line of Gaudia vaishnavism. I hope, you will find a lot of interesting things there:
    www.purebhakti.com

This is another link to the site of the senior desciple of my Gurudeva Shrila Narayana Maharaja - http://www.krsnakatha.com/
    This site of Prem Prayojan Prabhu, there is a lot of Krishna-katha there.

Question Re: Let's collect not ISKCON-related VAISHNAVA sites here, pls.

Haridas Shastri Maharaj Interview 31 Jan 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsYhTNQDvQE

Braja Bhushan das

wonder how do you meet your guru ?

also check out this link
    http://ramsss.com/bhakti/spiritual-masters
    ramsss.com

6. Post Re: Let's collect not ISKCON-related VAISHNAVA sites here, pls.

Dear Vrindavanji

good job with your website, I liked it very much, and I am sure many devotees will profit from it.

Thanks also for posting the link to my Gurudev's video, Iwas quite surprised to see it published here.

As for your question, I am not sure I understand it... you would like to know how I met my guru or how one can meet my guru?

Well, I can answer both 1. I got to know about my guru through a person who has left his email address in one Vaishnava forum... my friend contacted him and got written darshans from him, which he then sent to me.

2. One can meet my Guru only by going directly to Vrindavan. More details and help can be gotten at the websites cited above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
    This is another link to the site of the senior desciple of my Gurudeva Shrila Narayana Maharaja - http://www.krsnakatha.com/
    This site of Prem Prayojan Prabhu, there is a lot of Krishna-katha there.
    Hare Krsna Kristina,

You are my God-sister. I am aslo a disciple of Srila Narayana Maharaja.

Jai Gurudeva !

Why only Iskcon?
    Gaudiya Mat is also no traditional Gaudiya Vaishnavism. They preach false ideas about raganuga bhakti, which lies with the founder of Gaudiya Mat, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, who never practiced it. He had not any type of initiation, and no connection to any of the gaudiya chains of guru, which leads to gaura lila, and accordingly to krişna lila.

1 ) Sri Kisori Mohana Gosvami and Sri Kisori Das Babaji witnessed that Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, when asked by Siddha Sri Ramakrsna das Pandit Baba in the early 1930s, declared that he was initiated in a dream. Based on abhava pramana (evidence based on absence of counter evidence) I might as well claim that I received a dream-initiation from Sri Rupa Gosvami. Who can confirm or deny it? In this way the whole principle of initiation is undermined and made into a laughing stock. In Sri Isana Nagara's Advaita Prakasa (8.118-122) it is described how Sita-devi, the consort of Advaita Prabhu, received initiation in a dream from Srila Madhavendra Puri, but that Advaita Prabhu still found it necessary to give her a concrete, audible initiation.

sita kohe bahu bhagye toma painu dekha
    dehatma sodhana koro diya mantra diksa
    tabe puri sitare krsna mantra dila
    jagi sita mata kohe kiba camatkare
    svapnavese puriraja mantra dila more
    acarye kohila sita sarva vivarana
    tiho kohe bhagye tuya khandila bandhana
    prabhu sei mantra puna vidhi anusare
    subha ksane samarpila sva bharya sita re

"Sita devi told Madhavendra Puri: "I am very fortunate to meet you. Please sanctify my body and soul by giving me mantra initiation." Then Madhavendra Puri gave Sita krsna-mantra after which he vanished.
    When mother Sita awoke, she said: "How amazing! Madhavendra Puriraja gave me mantra in a visionary dream!" Sita devi told everything to Advaita Acarya, who said: "You are so fortunate that now all your bondage is destroyed." According to the rules, and on an auspicious moment, Advaita Prabhu then gave His wife Sita that mantra again."

Why only Iskcon?
    Gaudiya Mat and all its braches, not only Iskcon, are also no traditional Gaudiya Vaishnavism.

The sannyasi guru of Bhaktisidhanta Sarasvati should have been also Gaurakishor das Babaji, which wore white babaji vesha, not safran sannyasi robe as Bhatisiddhanta did.
    Bhaktissidhanta never followed his so called guru, because he never took initiation from him.
    The guru parampara von Gaurakishor das Babaji wore white babaji vesha.
    Bhaktisidhanta changed not only the denomination and the color of the retired order for the Gaudiya Vaishnavas, but also the name of Diksha Initiation, which he called "Brahmana Initiation", and strange enough he still claimed to belong to a tradition of uninterupted parampara not of gurus but of ... ? instructions -shiksha.

How could he take sannyasa in March 1918 while his so called guru passed away in November 1915? Gaudiya Matha chronicles admit that Bhaktisiddhanta took sannyasa in his room from a photo. But sannyasa cannot be taken from a photo, but from a living sannyasi.

A parampara that starts with white cloth and then suddenly switches to saffron cloth and 'brahmana-initiation' is also not an uninterrupted siksa-parampara.

All colors of garment but white are forbidden for a Gaudiya Vaisnava - rakta-vastra vaisnavera podite na yuyay (Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya 13.61) "A Vaisnava should not wear red cloth."
    nagno dviguna-vastrah syan nagno raktapatas tatha:
    "Wearing red cloth is like walking naked," and
    sukla-vasa bhaven nityam raktam caiva vivarjayet (both from Hari-bhakti-vilasa, 4.147,152):
    "Always wear white and give up red cloth."

raktam nilam adhautam ca parakyam malinam patam paridhaya (Agama-sastra quoted in Durgama-sangamani by Sri Jiva Gosvami on Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, 1.2.120 ):
    "Wearing red, blue or unwashed garments is a sevaparadha."

In Sri Dhyanacandra Gosvami's Paddhati the guru is described as wearing white cloth (svetambaram gaura-rucim sanatanam -"He wears white cloth and his eternal form shines like gold").
    And saffron dhotis do not exist at all, only saffron bahirvasas (outer cloth) for Vedic eka-dandi (mayavadi) sannyasis and white dhotis for householders.
    Grhasthas should not wear a kaupina (loincloth), and this is also not 'brahmana-underwear'. A kaupina is given during the ceremony of sannyasa for a lifelong vow of celibacy. It drags anyone down to hell who takes it off to have sex.
    Shaving the head is also only for sannyasis and not for others.

To say one is wearing saffron, not red, is a useless escape manoeuvre, because there is also a positive injunction, namely suklavaso bhaven nityah, "one should always wear white and neither red nor saffron."

This is also not a question of 'the form ("what does it matter what color your cloth is?") versus the substance. It is not narrow-minded smarta-ism, because obedience and anugatya - following mood - is the substance. The Gosvamis have ordered us to wear white and bhakti means that you obey the orders of those who are both ordered and empowered by Mahaprabhu to lay down the law.
    One Gaudiya Vaisnava acarya who may be an avadhuta may wear burlap, but he did not tell his thousands of disciples to do so. He told them all to wear white cotton.

The Srimad Bhagavata verse (3.5.38 ) does not mean that Gaudiya Vaisnavas can wear saffron or red cloth, there was no Gaudiya sampradaya yet in the time of the Bhagavata, and, Srila Sanatana Gosvami comments on this verse: yatibhir maha-prayatnena samsarasagaram sribhagavadbhakta helayaiva sukham taranti, "
    the ocean of samsara, which is hard to cross by yatis (mayavadi sannyasis), is easily and blissfully crossed by the Lord's devotees."
    The verse rakta vastra vaisnavera porite na yuyay is not taken out of context here. The story indeed is a personal question between Jagadananda Pandita and Sanatana Gosvami, but the moral of the story, expressed in the rakta vastra-verse, is an objective, absolute statement for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Krsna Das View Post
    Hare Krsna Kristina,

You are my God-sister. I am aslo a disciple of Srila Narayana Maharaja.

Jai Gurudeva !

HARE KRISHNA !!
    YOUS ARE MY GOD BORTHER & SISTER !!! I AM ALSO A DECIPLE OF SRILA NARAYAN MAHARAJ

JAI GURUDEV !!
    jaydev

Thread Information