Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate speech of Abrahamics

Re: Hate speech of Abrahamics

Quote Originally Posted by Tikkun Olam View Post
    I didn't realize Indians didn't accept that.
    Vannakkam: Well, now you do. That's a start. History is full of debate. I live in Canada, and the aboriginal (First nations peoples) don't accept the Bering Strait migration theory either.

Personally, I take ALL history with a grain of salt. All you need to do is read two accounts of the same Battle in a War, the two accounts being the two sides. Or listen to two accounts of a playground fight between children Often in an argument both sides claim victory.

After all, what is history, besides peoples' accounts of it?

Aum Namasivaya

Namasté Tkkun Olam

What of Scales and money? Interesting thoughts you must admit?

praNAma

mana

I've never shown any such thing. I keep on saying that I accept other beliefs. I really don't know why you keep on thinking I'm trying to force my beliefs on any one.
    I will agree that as jew its unlikely that you will proselytize. I will say wundermonk has been overreacting.

What I also find unusual is that a jew will come on Hindu forums and instead of just leaving at what we have to say will engage in discussion and state his own points. I have doubts that you are a jew.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: You really don't see the contradiction in these two paragraphs, do you? (not forcing my beliefs, then stating your beliefs)

Aum Namasivaya
    Yeah exactly. Odd for a jewish person to do that to non-jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar_Das View Post
    I will agree that as jew its unlikely that you will proselytize. I will say wundermonk has been overreacting.

What I also find unusual is that a jew will come on Hindu forums and instead of just leaving at what we have to say will engage in discussion and state his own points. I have doubts that you are a jew.
    The view of history here is very surprising to me and I didn't even realize my initial post was controversial, I thought the dates of 1500-1000 BC were just generally accepted. People did tell me why they think it's older and I left it at that. I'm not going to argue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namast Tkkun Olam

What of Scales and money? Interesting thoughts you must admit?

praNAma

mana
    I don't know what to make of it. I know the Egyptians sold things with gold and silver, but I don't think they had coins or anything until later. I don't know much about where money start. I'm also not sure of the history of the scales...

I think languages are just more interesting to me. Maybe it would be more interesting if I knew of more history for things like scales/money to follow them.

The view of history here is very surprising to me and I didn't even realize my initial post was controversial, I thought the dates of 1500-1000 BC were just generally accepted. People did tell me why they think it's older and I left it at that. I'm not going to argue with it.
    Vannakkam: It just means Witzel and his cronies have been tampering with Wikipedia .... again. Note this: However, later Max Muller himself admitted the purely conjectural nature of the Vedic chronology, and in the last work published shortly before his death, The Six Systems of Indian Philosophy, he admitted: 'Whatever may be the date of the Vedic hymns, whether 1500 or 15 000 BCE, they have their own unique place and stand by themselves in the literature of the world'

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,
    EM, I certainly have learned to agree with Mr. Muller's statement. Also, agree that history has been proven to be a slippery thing. It gets influenced by many things, most especially vested interests.
    Regarding the date you attribute to Vedas, Tikkun Olam, please refer back to Mr.Muller's statement but also consider other sources giving older dates, and I presume from your tradition, you respect oral tradition. Additionally, to the best of my abilities through research, followers of SD do not spend so much time and resources in the "search" that those of Judaism and Christianity do. So whether it be geological or archaelogical, think going to find a disproportionate amount of scholorship that supports these two traditions. Once again, vested interests come into play.
    Tikkun, think you may find struggles here from standpoint of where you are coming from. As many of my friends here have helped me with, the influence of the cultures we are raised in are so continually powerful and pulling. I come from a adult career in dealing with evidence. To me, you appear to be coming from that framework. I am blessed and humbled to look forward to bowing down to Hanuman (if not familiar please look up) as the epitome of one (a God) who serves God. Ask me to explain that from a evidentiary standpoint.
    Peace.
    FFTW

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

I see this string is easily heating up. For this I will limit my words.

The veda-s are being spoken of
    One must be aware that any date that is put on them is folly. They are eternal. If they end up in a book , fine. If that book burns today are the veda-s gone ? If I take a physics book and burn it today , are those laws that are outlined by some of the most noble scientists and discoverers gone ? No, all those laws still exist. All the formulas still exist. Like that , the veda-s are eternal.

Yet they ( the veda-s) require a clarity of consciousness to be in tune with them so one comes to know them. Hence they are here today, a million years from today, a billion years ago they still where here.

Who came first ?
    This me thinks is like saying my dad can beat up your dad. Does it really matter ? Does one's chest puff-up more if one is 1st or 2nd in line ?
    Today the archaeologists find a bone and say its from 15,000 years ago; tomorrow a new bone is found and it dates to 25,000 years ago. The ~final say ~ is still being dug up.

Yet, that said, if we look to our itihāsa-s ( history) a thousand years is a drop in the bucket. Bharata is ancient (purāṇa - belonging to ancient times).

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by Friend from the West View Post
    I am blessed and humbled to look forward to bowing down to Hanuman (if not familiar please look up) as the epitome of one (a God) who serves God. Ask me to explain that from a evidentiary standpoint.
    Peace.
    FFTW
    Okay, go for it.

Thread Information