Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When people meet ...

Re: When people meet ...

So how does it become SCIENCE? DO tell, LS ji ...?

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear hms,
    Yes , the answer applies to the query even in broader context also. Astrology is a science as far as it deals with karma .whatever was done by the soul gets reflected in the chart because a soul takes birth to repay all the karmic debts.In the proces of repayment that part of karma with which the soul took birth gets spent but in this process it attracts fresh karma which gets added to the residual karma . Thus with each birth some repayment takes place . But it is not to punish the soul , but to make the soul to correct it self and one fine day to get to the state of perfectiuon where no birth is needed .Thus a chart is a blue print of our past deeds and all those to whom we owe some thing and who owe something to us are shown in different relationships .The minute the debt is over they disappear from our lives either through separation or death .There is nothing known as by accident but everything is by design that takes place in life . It is not fatalism . It is the knowedge of the science of karma . Free will definitely has a role but it is limited and again is subject to the broader confines of karma . A great realised soul is above the law of karma , where the seeds of karma get burnt due to the realisation of self. But here we are taking in to consideration ordinary ,normal souls and not exceptions .

Dear sir ,
    it depends on how you define science .According to me science is --- observing , analysing , experimenting , verifying , arriving at a conclusion and then formulating a theory .If you have a different definition & interpretation you are most welcome. Then again , there certain things which do not stand to physical verification . Just because they do not stand like that you can't condemn them outrihtly .
    rgds

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

I have read many of the posts above... there is much I wish to offer but will address the one area that in my humble opinion may add the most amount of good.

saswathy offers the following:
    whatever was done by the soul gets reflected in the chart because a soul takes birth to repay all the karmic debts

I see this a bit differently. The soul or Self does nothing. It is outside the field of activity. It is stainless. There is nothing for the soul to pickup or repay. If it did it would be considered within the relative field of life. The implications to this would be vast.

We are told by kṛṣṇa-jī in the bhāgavad gītā ( chapt 2 & 3) that:
    • in every case actions are performed by the 3 guna-s of prakṛti¹ (nature). He whose mind is deluded by the sense of 'I' and 'mine' holds 'I am the doer'.
    • be without the 3 guna-s
    If there is action ( karman) then it is in the field of the 3 guna-s. Yet Being (soul) is outside this field.
    So, kṛṣṇa-jī says be without the 3 guna-s. If you are outside of these then where are 'you' ?
    'You' are then in union with the Self or
    svātmārāma - taking pleasure in or contented with one's Self , one
    is outside the binding influence of action. Good or bad has no basis. One aligns to the infinite.

Jyotish operates within this field of the 3 guna-s.

iti śivaṁ

words
    • prakṛti - nature , character , constitution ; 'making or placing before or at first'; the original or natural form or condition of
    • prakṛti = pra+ kṛti
      • kṛti the act of doing , making , performing , manufacturing , composing
      • pra - rooted (√) in pṝ or prā = filling , fulfilling - as it it rooted in pṝ is defined as 'to grant abundantly'
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Very well said, Yajvan ji!

Dear sir ,
    it depends on how you define science .According to me science is --- observing , analysing , experimenting , verifying , arriving at a conclusion and then formulating a theory .If you have a different definition & interpretation you are most welcome. Then again , there certain things which do not stand to physical verification . Just because they do not stand like that you can't condemn them outrihtly .
    rgds
    What you are describing is the 'scientific method' of approach! For instance such an examination of language becomes linguistics, but the subject of such study, analysis etc, namely language itself does not become science! :-)

I am not sure where in my sharings you saw, "outright condemnation"! :-)

RR

Dear Yajwanji,
    what you say holds good and is applicable where the distinction among ,the deed , doer , done gets erased .But before that state , still the doer and the experiencer exist and they are the vehicles through which the actual execution takes place .There is no soul separately from the universal soul is the highest state of realisation and beyond maya . As long as we are in perceptible world we are subject to the magical effects of maya

rgds, ls.

Dear Yajwanji,
    what you say holds good and is applicable where the distinction among ,the deed , doer , done gets erased .But before that state , still the doer and the experiencer exist and they are the vehicles through which the actual execution takes place .There is no soul separately from the universal soul is the highest state of realisation and beyond maya . As long as we are in perceptible world we are subject to the magical effects of maya

rgds, ls.
    YES! But isn't that the moment when we become aware of the WITNESS, during our meditations?

Love, Light, Reality?

Rohiniranjan

Yes . Rohiniranjanji ,
    But to be very honest I don't think , that there are people who reached that state amongst us . Even in deep meditation , there is a subtle state of consciousness , which still has 'I' ness .If there are , they do not sit here conducting workshops , seminars , giving lectures , charging hefty fees for the operational expenditure or running of the institutions in the name of ashrams. That is a state where money ceases to exist or exhibit. Whatever I say is from mundane point of view and about ordinary mortals like me . rgds .

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Whatever I say is from mundane point of view and about ordinary mortals like me . rgds .
    That is why HDF is here... to uplift , even for a moment, from the mundane to a different point of view.

We ( I ) wish not to have the mind win its position over-and-over again. It ( the mind) takes itself to be your friend yet is just a thief.

iti śivaṁ
    Last edited by yajvan; 21 May 2014 at 11:15 AM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Dear friend ,
    Any one? Is there any one who crossed maya. i don't think so . Definitely it is not a state which is momentary .It is a constant state , though it looks different for onlookers .Such a soul even if immersed in wordly actions is totally detached from them.

Thread Information