Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Combust Yogakaraka

Combust Yogakaraka

Om Namo Narayana !

For a Libra ascendant, Surya is in Simha with Yogakaraka Shani making the latter combust. Yogakaraka is very much affliccted being in house of a bitter enemy as well.

What are the effects of such a position ? Do the highly positive significations of the 4th and 5th houses absent in such a person's life ? What are the remedies for this affliction ?

Since L-5 is casting drishti on 5th bhava, will the 5th house significations bear outcome ? Please clarify

Other positions

Ju, Me(R) in Kataka
    Ve, Ma, Ra in Kanya
    Ke in Meena

Humble regards
    Madhu

Re: Combust Yogakaraka

Chandra in Vrishabha (Krittika 3rd Pada)

Madhu ji,

Would you be so kind as to share the full birthdata for this nativity? I am very interested in this topic.

Thanks and regards,

Rohiniranjan

Respected RohiniRanjan, the birth date is 25th Aug 1978 time 11:52 AM at Solapur, Maharashtra.

Dear Friends,

Expanding this rather interesting thread topic a bit, I have had some reservations against the use of a single factor (whatever it might be) as unlikely to be the only straw that ever breaks the proverbial camel's back and large scale testings as reported on a mystic forum in recent months and in an article or few almost a decade ago, if not longer, it has remained a consistent observation.

Combustion, by itself, is another scarecrow or boogey man of jyotish and has an interesting linkage with retrogression. Combustion orbs have been given for different planets in classics and also different orbs have been defined for direct vs retrograde planets. This has always piqued my interest.

As you all erudite ones probably know, at least where so called inferior planets are concerned, those two are combust twice, when they are between the sun and earth (inferior conjunction as it is called and a portion of that is when the planets are retrograde, as they turn the corner, in a manner of speaking, and when sun is between the planet and earth, known as superior conjunction when they are combust again and additionally hidden by sun, also known as occultation (hidden!).

The superior planets (mars and more distant ones, who have larger orbitals than earth) are combust only once, also coinciding with their (superior) conjunction when sun is between the planet and earth and the planet is in direct motion and for some time hidden by the sun's disk (occultation).

While combustion alone has not really been reliably and single-handedly never seen to be cause for undue concern, it can potentially act as a negative consideration, particularly if also accompanied by other weaknesses. Now the question arises is this: are venus and mercury when retrograde and combust (not occulted by sun) spared from this astangata or combustion dosha? Whereas, when on the other side of sun and occulted, there is negativity (weakness or maliciousness) seen more clearly?

We can study this together, if folks can share charts where mercury and venus are combust while remaining direct vs when they are retrograde and we can empirically study these.

Yours in the quest of Jyotish!

Rohiniranjan

Dear Rohini Ranjan ji ,
    Here is a chart where combustion did not affect his education though Jupiter the 4th lord and venus the 2nd and 9th lord are combust.He never failed in any exams . He got 98.8 percentile in Gate exam , did his masters in Digital signal processing with 95 %. It has always had been an enigma to me --------
    14 --8 - 1979 --- 10.10 am -- Bangalore. Saswathy

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear Rohini Ranjan ji ,
    Here is a chart where combustion did not affect his education though Jupiter the 4th lord and venus the 2nd and 9th lord are combust.He never failed in any exams . He got 98.8 percentile in Gate exam , did his masters in Digital signal processing with 95 %. It has always had been an enigma to me --------
    Dear Saswathy ji,

Thank you very much for this chart that you kindly shared. The more I look at this phenomenon of combustion, the more I get increasingly convinced that it is anything but simple! And as we know when it comes to the inferior (orbitally speaking!) planets mercury and venus, there may be some valuable hints.

I shall study the chart you kindly gifted us with and hopefully would be willing to provide more feedback and help, as required.

Kind regards,

Rohiniranjan

Namaste,

Dear fellows if I might add some points of interest for your consideration: I reply as, as I am studying aspects of the topic concerned as presented by Parāśara muni at this time: it would appear that a śloka concerning combustion follows and directly relates to, its preceding śloka on āpekṣika bala.
    Particularly relevant in the varga charts; this represents, for surya, the souls desire as it is strongest in the 7th from surya, his acchādana dṛṣṭi. This is used extensively to see the path of the native particularly in the D9 chart.
    Planets conjoining surya consequently have no influence over the souls right path and inversely, Graha with full acchādana dṛṣṭi of surya effect greatly the path. So we see that this explanation is linked to the sloka on āpekṣika bala.

Possibly often confused with Saṁyoga, I say this as I am currently grappling with these concepts ...

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 11 March 2014 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste,

Dear fellows if I might add some points of interest for your consideration: I reply as, as I am studying aspects of the topic concerned as presented by Parāśara muni at this time: it would appear that a śloka concerning combustion follows and directly relates to, its preceding śloka on āpekṣika bala.
    Particularly relevant in the varga charts; this represents, for surya, the souls desire as it is strongest in the 7th from surya, his acchādana dṛṣṭi. This is used extensively to see the path of the native particularly in the D9 chart.
    Planets conjoining surya consequently have no influence over the souls right path and inversely, Graha with full acchādana dṛṣṭi of surya effect greatly the path. So we see that this explanation is linked to the sloka on āpekṣika bala.

Possibly often confused with Saṁyoga, I say this as I am currently grappling with these concepts ...

Kind regards.
    Soorya, has two swaroopas!
    The rashis he is in and creates the calendar is really how we perceive from the earth! As we go around in our parikraman of what wakes us up, daily?

The other swaroopa perhaps deals with surya as a charakaraka?

I am sure there are other swaroopas too, but the mammoth can only get eaten, morsel by morsel!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear Rohini Ranjan ji ,

This is indeed a rather interesting chart, Saswathy ji! Thanks, again!!
    I will be on a personal journey (sort of teertha-yatra) for a week and so shall pick the conversation up again, MA willing upon return.

Sun has a rather special role in this chart and enjoys the company of both Gurus and Shishya (Jupiter, venus and mercury (also lagnesha). Guru is a malefic as per some (Kendradhipatya etc) but also exalted which in my observations changes the guna and characteristic of a planet. The gulika which is the most advanced and in the 2nd house where pada of 11th is placed, is tugging at my attention and makes me wonder, though!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Thread Information