Thread: Navamsa exaltation and neechabhanga

Navamsa exaltation and neechabhanga

Dear All,

Warm greetings.

I'm a learner in vedic astrology and have deep interest in this subject.
    After having read many books, blogs ..., I can say that I have some basic and fundamental understanding, still I rely on the Gurus and Experts to show me the way, after all learning is for an entire lifetime.

Here is a peculiar case study, that I need your direction around.

DoB 24th Oct 1979, some time between 17:39 and 17:40 hrs in a place called Berhampur Orissa India (19.18N, 84.48E) - Anuradha Nakshatra 4th Pada

D1 (janm kundli) placements:
    Rashi = Scorpio, nakshatra = anuradha
    Lagna = aries, mars in cancer (4H) - debilitation, jupiter + saturn + rahu in Leo (5H), sun (debilitated) + venus in libra (7H), moon (debilitated) + mercury in scorpio (8H), ketu in aquarius (11H)

D9 (navamsa):
    Lagna= cancer, jupiter (exalted) + mercury in cancer (lagna), rahu in leo (2H), moon (debilitated) in scorpio (5H), sun + saturn in saggitarius (6H), mars in capricorn (exalted) 7H, ketu in aquarius (8H), venus in aries (10H)

so it looks like a somewhat weak horoscope
    shadbala strengths:
    sun = 7.0, moon = 8.21, mars = 6.9, jup = 7.9, saturn = 6.2, mercury = 6.4, venus = 6.3

The interesting thing is the Navamsa

My understanding (requesting your kind inputs) - Please confirm if the analysis is correct
    Highlights - (D1 - janm kundli)
    - In the kundli, sun, moon and mars are all debilitated, but sun gets neechabhanga due to venus in own house in 7H (libra) (???)
    - there is a malavya yoga for venus and a gajakeshari yoga (jupiter in kendra from moon) but with a malefic (saturn / rahu)
    - Also, saturn being the lord of 10th and 11th occupies 5th, that too in conjunction with 9th lord jupiter, hence should be good (raja yoga)
    - Jupiter the 9th lord in 5th should be good
    - 2nd lord (venus) and 5th lord (sun) conjoined in a kendra (7th), should be a good dhana yoga
    - Also, mercury (6th lord - dushthana) in 8th (dusthana) should be a good vipreet raja yoga
    - Ketu in 11th (aquarius) generally considered good

Highlights (D9 - navamsa)
    - Here in D9, jupiter is exalted being in cancer, and so is mars (capricorn), also Jupiter exalted in kendra forms Hamsa yoga, also Mars exalted in kendra forms Ruchaka yoga, jupiter is the 6th and 9th lord, while mars is the 5th lord
    - again moon is debilitated but gets a neechabhanga due to sign lord mars exalted in a kendra (???)
    - Also, venus (11th lord) in 10th should be good
    - Also, saturn (8th lord) in 6th should be a good vipreeta raja yoga (???)

The jataka is running venus mahadasha till 2023 (shani saadesati between 2011 and 2018), sun mahadasha from 2023 - 2029, moon mahadasha from 2029 - 2039, mars mahadasha from 2039 - 2046, rahu dasha from 2046 - 2064 and jupiter mahadasha from 2064 - 2080

What are your initial views about the strength of the navamsa vis-a-vis D1, people say navamsa kundli becomes active after 36 years of age, is it true ?
    Does Mars being exalted in D9 cancel its debilitation in D1
    Does Moon get its debilitation cancelled in D9 (mars exalted) and hence its' evil effects in D1 go down
    Also moon is vargottama, but debilitated in D1 and D9 (neecha cancelled)
    Does Jupiter get strengthened and becomes the "Atmakaraka"
    What are your views around the life path of the individual ?

About the current status of the individual:
    =======================================
    this person is a self made person with very little / negligible support from family (parents, siblings), managed to rise up so far, but aren't there any silverlinings for him ?

I have always sympathized this person and admired his courage / conviction, I want him to rise up...

Thank you very much

Re: Navamsa exaltation and neechabhanga

I was hesitating to respond to this because I do not follow Lahiri ayanamsha, and hence are seeing charts that are a bit different from what you are using. So, will try to keep my sharings as general as I can.

I tend to not consider exaltation and debilitation as very significant in finer vargas, at least not as much as in D1. Similarly, I downplay the other indicators of phasic strength-markers (paksha of moon, dig-bala of planets etc) too much in vargas (other than D1). Likewise, griha drishtis vs rashi drishtis-sambandhas in finer vargas. The comment about exaltation-debilitation applies less so if you are including interpolation between D1 and D9, also known as the 'tulya' consideration!

Unless you are using a definition for atmakaraka different from the order given for charakarakas, shani is the atmakaraka in this chart, being the most advanced planet in a sign.

Although the three debilitated planets are meeting with some of the cancellation-factors accepted in jyotish, please be wary of the debility of cancelling factors, other than venus (for sun).

Just debility does not necessarily mean no accomplishments! Some highly accomplished people (with or without receiving help directly) have had several debilitations in their charts. It is not even that they had eccentricities or false sense of pride and self-worth. If saturn is an important significator in a chart, one looks for mars being strong. Despite the debility blemish, the mars in this chart is very strong and aspects the 7th, 10th and 11th and is a yogakaraka in the navamsha chart. So rising by dint of self-effort has been a big motivation for this nativity and part of the life-purpose. Refusing help and a fair bit of pride in self are important here. That said, the period from June 2015 to August 2018 would be a period of significant changes at home and at work and in some ways a bit difficult period. Interactions within family and at work could pose some challenges, but will prove to be a good opportunity to grow in spiritual ways and in tune with the life-purpose. However, it is not necessary all good or bad. Remaining humble, flexible and cautiously optimistic in dealings with other human beings can prove to be an asset.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind inputs.
    It was really interesting to see a different perspective.

But, I mostly follow Lahiri and based on my interactions with different spiritual masters, have come to believe, that exaltation / deb. hold some importance in the various amsas. Your kind guidance has prompted me to evaluate this further.

Also, Mars being the lagna lord in D1 definitely adds points to its strength, I had previously thought that this planet though debilitated in D1 was exalted in a kendra in D9 (equivalent to a Ruchaka - pancha mahapurusha yoga), though the strongest belief is that "yogas dont exist in D9 / other amsas", as you correctly said, this person has tremendous self-esteem and risen in life purely through determination (I know he won't like to receive any iota of help / sympathy from others)

Shani being the AK (plus owning a kendra 10th and the 11th house) and Jupiter being the putra karaka (owing a trikona 9th) are posited in the 5th house together, it should be a strong yoga, D9 - jupiter exalted in asc
    but then his major strength has been his life partner / wife in whose horoscope shani is exalted in asc Libra (shasha yoga), venus again in asc (mooltrikona) - malavya + jupiter in 2nd (scorpio)

Also, a major worry I see is moon (vargottama debilitated) - D1 8th house (scorpio) + D9 (5th house - scorpio), he has faced tremendous mental problems throughout his life

Can I request you to throw light on your pointers around a difficult period (jun 15 - aug 18) ? is it because of Shani saadesati (2nd phase - Iron paya) ? This person is running Venus mahadasha till 2023 (currently jupiter antardasha till dec 2016 and then shani antardasha) ?

Thank you very much for your time and attention,

Sincere regards,
    km24

Quote Originally Posted by km24 View Post
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind inputs.
    It was really interesting to see a different perspective.

But, I mostly follow Lahiri and based on my interactions with different spiritual masters, have come to believe, that exaltation / deb. hold some importance in the various amsas. Your kind guidance has prompted me to evaluate this further.

Also, Mars being the lagna lord in D1 definitely adds points to its strength, I had previously thought that this planet though debilitated in D1 was exalted in a kendra in D9 (equivalent to a Ruchaka - pancha mahapurusha yoga), though the strongest belief is that "yogas dont exist in D9 / other amsas", as you correctly said, this person has tremendous self-esteem and risen in life purely through determination (I know he won't like to receive any iota of help / sympathy from others)

Shani being the AK (plus owning a kendra 10th and the 11th house) and Jupiter being the putra karaka (owing a trikona 9th) are posited in the 5th house together, it should be a strong yoga, D9 - jupiter exalted in asc
    but then his major strength has been his life partner / wife in whose horoscope shani is exalted in asc Libra (shasha yoga), venus again in asc (mooltrikona) - malavya + jupiter in 2nd (scorpio)

Also, a major worry I see is moon (vargottama debilitated) - D1 8th house (scorpio) + D9 (5th house - scorpio), he has faced tremendous mental problems throughout his life

Can I request you to throw light on your pointers around a difficult period (jun 15 - aug 18) ? is it because of Shani saadesati (2nd phase - Iron paya) ? This person is running Venus mahadasha till 2023 (currently jupiter antardasha till dec 2016 and then shani antardasha) ?

Thank you very much for your time and attention,

Sincere regards,
    km24
    Accepting a serious and sincere undertaking to delve into the horoscope of one requires a direct conversation between the jyotishi and nativity. Unless nativity is a child or incapacitated physically or mentally, my friend! One who is hell-bent on carving his or her own way, no matter such a path seeming unwise to loving ones, is fulfilling an important part of his/her karma and life-plan and this must not be meddled with, whether out of concern or mere curiosity! More pliable astrologers might disagree and more power to them!

Same goes for someone who has chosen a boat to ride in, at the behest of his or her spiritual masters and just masters! While tempting to put a foot in another boat, whether out of curiosity etc can prove to be confusing and unless one is well-versed in jyotish with practical experience, in the end would tend to prove a waste of time, for the rider as well as the other boatmen who offer specific help and advice! Not a good idea!!

As a general pointer, I would urge *riders* to focus and learn about dispositors. These are often studied then put at one side and such action (or inaction?) just makes one go round and round in the circles of perplexity and at times, stark confusion! Dispositors are 3 dimensional and not only have the 2-D superficial surface but also have a 3rd dimension of depth which essentially engages a consideration of so called sub-D1 vargas!!

Love and Light and Happy boating!

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Thread Information