Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to Buy Real Rudraksha?

Exclamation Where to Buy Real Rudraksha?

For those living outside of India it is quite difficult to find a good supplier. Heck, even those in the motherland are often duped into buying fake Rudrakshas. I was wondering if everyone could share their experiences or give advice on where to buy genuine beads so members like myself and others could have place to turn to...The insane amount of websites that sell Rudraksha will drive anyone insane.

I need some advice from those who have the experience. I currently wear a few Rudraksha they are low mukis (4,5,6). Nothing to worry about in terms of being fakes since they are more common. I really want to buy a 14 muki rudraksha. It is really hard to find someone you can trust. I have narrowed down my search to a few suppliers. Here is the information I have gathered about them:

1) Rudra Centre:

ISO certified: 2008 (have confirmed using 3rd party site). Multiple Locations worldwide. Their reviews are mostly positive. One or two of them draw concern stating that a few/half of their reviews on rating sites are from employees (some forum posts stating fakes could be just trolls). Neeta is a multiple award winner in Rudraksha research and is well known in the community.

2) Indraprastha Gem and Jewllery Institute:

Known for certifying gems and rudraksha for many suppliers and websites. "ISO certified: 2008 (could not be confirmed). Chief officer Deepak Singh Shekhawat's facebook is open one can see the vast amount of gems and rudraksha they certify. Also, Rudra Centre's Gopinathan of the Canadian Branch is facebook friends with them. Have been told one cannot trust certificates in India anyone/jeweller can make them up.

3) Shiv Rattan Kendra (www.shivrattankendra.in)

Reg. Business (so are the rest). Have 5 locations one in Shri Prakasheshwar Mahadev Mandir a unique mandir which takes no money or offerings from its devotees. Honor Profile: Can return items if unhappy.

4) Rudra Gems

All Rudraksha are certified by Indraprastha Gem and Jewllery Institute. Have many positive ebay reviews.

5) Rudra Life

ISO certified: 2008 (have confirmed using 3rd party site). Very expensive.

I believe the first 3 companies I have listed seem okay. I will pick between Rudra Centre or Indraprastha Gem and Jewllery Institute.I am leaning towards Rudra Centre since they are well known. I still feel uneasy since it is hard to trust people from a distance. Can anyone who used Rudra Centre or any of the above businesses give me some insight into their dealings with them and whether or not their Rudraksha are genuine and have worked. I am sorry for the long post I just need some guidance and feel this thread can help people in the future. Thanks everyone, sorry for the length.

Re: Where to Buy Real Rudraksha?

Namaste you can try www.rudrakshguru.com I think they are very genuine and inexpensive.

Vannakkam: The rudrakshas sold at minimela.com are legit as well. I wear a single one from there. Maybe a bit more costly, but I can attest to the spirit put into them, as I've helped out with the fairly complicated process of processing, right from picking the fruits off the ground below trees to stringing. Although the vast majority are 5 faced, I did find a 7, 9, and 11 while drilling them, along with many 4s. It's exciting to find anything but a 5 or 4.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by ajreddy View Post
    Namaste you can try www.rudrakshguru.com I think they are very genuine and inexpensive.
    Namaste ajreddy,

Thank you for providing this site. I will defenity check it out. Have you bought from here before or heard about Rudra Centre?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: The rudrakshas sold at minimela.com are legit as well. I wear a single one from there. Maybe a bit more costly, but I can attest to the spirit put into them, as I've helped out with the fairly complicated process of processing, right from picking the fruits off the ground below trees to stringing. Although the vast majority are 5 faced, I did find a 7, 9, and 11 while drilling them, along with many 4s. It's exciting to find anything but a 5 or 4.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste Eastern Mind,

You are a very blessed person I would love to pick Rudraksha . So did you pick them for minimela.com? I have heard some people say that it is better to put a Rudraksha in a cage then drill a hole in them; Do you have any opinion on this?

Since you have much experience in this field; Have you heard about Rudra Centra/Neetaji?

I truly wish one day I can pick Rudraksha it would be an amazing spiritual experience. At least when you pick them youself there is zero doubt in ones mind to their validity.

Aum Namasivaya
    Are these Rudraksha from Hawaii?

Quote Originally Posted by divnelight View Post
    Namaste Eastern Mind,

You are a very blessed person I would love to pick Rudraksha . So did you pick them for minimela.com? I have heard some people say that it is better to put a Rudraksha in a cage then drill a hole in them; Do you have any opinion on this?

Since you have much experience in this field; Have you heard about Rudra Centra/Neetaji?

I truly wish one day I can pick Rudraksha it would be an amazing spiritual experience. At least when you pick them youself there is zero doubt in ones mind to their validity.
    Vannakkam: Yes, I picked them (you pick them off the ground ... a blue berry slightly smaller than a golf ball) for the Himalayan Academy minimela. There are many trees on the aadheenam property. Also, the travelling swamis often take malas with them as gifts for other Hindu leaders they meet with. So quite a few go to that.

The drilling is just to get the 'core' out. I don't think it would be possible any other way, as they're hard. The center 'core' is just slightly softer. From tree to mala is about a 7 step process there. It was 'discovered' by several years of trial and error. I don't know how it's done in Nepal or India. From tree to mala takes about 6 months.

Yes. it's Hawaii. But now there are other trees in various parts of Hawaii, as people take the seeds, then grow their own trees.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste ji,

I haven responded elsewhere but can add that the customer service at Rudra Center is excellent. They are responsive to all questions and even were able to allow me to change an order before shipping. I can only vouch for the seeds from the dried fruits they offer, which even when not the greatest quality, are strong.

I don't know about any other center except mini-mela, but I would recommend them regardless of cost, if you can afford it. As EM ji says, there is a lot of spirit put in them. I don't have one myself, but a friend does.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Vannakkam: Yes, I picked them (you pick them off the ground ... a blue berry slightly smaller than a golf ball) for the Himalayan Academy minimela. There are many trees on the aadheenam property. Also, the travelling swamis often take malas with them as gifts for other Hindu leaders they meet with. So quite a few go to that.

The drilling is just to get the 'core' out. I don't think it would be possible any other way, as they're hard. The center 'core' is just slightly softer. From tree to mala is about a 7 step process there. It was 'discovered' by several years of trial and error. I don't know how it's done in Nepal or India. From tree to mala takes about 6 months.

Yes. it's Hawaii. But now there are other trees in various parts of Hawaii, as people take the seeds, then grow their own trees.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste Eastern Mind,

Thank you explaining the process at minimela. Today I learned that some of their beads 1-13 mukhi set come from Nothern India/Nepal. Basically, I am assuming that their malas comes from Hawaii and not India. While the loose beads are from India. Do you have any insight to this? Once, I confirm which Rudraksha are from where I will update this thread and add minimela to the orginal post.

-divnelight

Quote Originally Posted by Aanandinii View Post
    Namaste ji,

I haven responded elsewhere but can add that the customer service at Rudra Center is excellent. They are responsive to all questions and even were able to allow me to change an order before shipping. I can only vouch for the seeds from the dried fruits they offer, which even when not the greatest quality, are strong.

I don't know about any other center except mini-mela, but I would recommend them regardless of cost, if you can afford it. As EM ji says, there is a lot of spirit put in them. I don't have one myself, but a friend does.

~Pranam
    Namaste Aanandinii,

Thank you. You posts are very informative and have answered many of my questions. Have you ever done a skype session with Neetaji and how is it? Do you feel it is necessary to provide you birth chart information in order to have an accurate recommendation? Does she recommend multiple therapy options or just one mala combination. I really like the 14 mukhi and Siddha combination. Also, in your post above
    but I would recommend them regardless of cost
    are you referring to Rudra Centre or Minimela? Thank you again for your help.

-divnelight

Thread Information