Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mantra and karmic effects?

1. Re: Mantra and karmic effects?

Namaste All,

I should stick with your path and direction, don't worry your self that anything is wrong; try not to crave any instant results.

I find c.smiths analogy to be very good:

Quote Originally Posted by c.smith View Post
    ... In my own practices, the mind can stray at times, difficulties arise etc, but I just chalk it up to the scum coming to the surface of water to be skimmed off the top - thus an effort to purify the water. In my case, the water is very muddy. Lots of dirt and scum. Fight it a day at a time with firm resolve.
    We can also consider the clarification of butter into ghee as an analogy, the sinuous solids must first be removed in the heating process; thus inevitably they float to the top as karma is burned.

Effects may be seen now or in the next life time, who knows?

Perhaps you might consider not questioning your own integrity, by considering the root of these feelings; for an example, are they founded in any sort of form of desire, even if it is simply a desire for peace?
    If so; from where does this come?

Kind regards, and all the best in you meditation.

2. Re: Mantra and karmic effects?

Oh wow, I just noticed that this is quite an old thread; never the less, there lays another perspective.

Re: Mantra and karmic effects?

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Both are same expressed in a different way .
    Yet I see the view I offered as different...
    you mention the following:
    But it takes endless , , undaunted , intense effort coupled with the janmanthara merit to burn the seeds of karma in many cases

• If it were 'endless' then there would be no final resolution. I see this as one-pointedness called out in patañjali’s yogadarśana; it does have resolution.

• I see 'intense' effort usurped by grace... I take the support of the avadhūta gīta, and its very 1st śloka.

• And I take support from the bhāgavad gītā that knowledge is the greatest purifier.

• And I take the support of the śiva sutra-s that I am none other then the Supreme in a condensed form to begin with - that I can be none other then this even in ignorance.
    What burns the seeds of karma is the recognition of what one's real status is, not one's efforts that only builds more impressions to get rid of.

I respect your views, but just see my views as slightly different then yours...

iti śiva
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information