Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shirdi Sai Baba

Re: Shirdi Sai Baba

Dear Jaskaran Singh Yes I was being sarcastic

I would consider that I am still a newbie, as the subject is so huge, but I do have a firm grounding. This part of the thread is more believers intervention and preconceived ideas, he seems to have a great habit of condescending poor chap, no offense taken and applogy accepted, I am not here to make enemies, that's not my style.

I had a great time in India and traveled all over mostly on my own, and I did a 6 week walk through the Himalayans and met some great people, I begged my food and stayed in strangers houses and had no problem what so ever on any part of my journey, only a few stomach bugs here and there, nothing to serious, and no safron swami will fool me easily, I am born and raised a city boy.

I was even granted 5 year visas and made some very nice friends and some in High positions, so I am not afraid of India, nor am I seeking a new guru, but will re visit some old friends and perhaps seek out something new. I only mentioned that Guru because I liked the mantra, but I see no need to to trample on his name, India is what it is in parts, what to do, but the Holy Dham visits are wonderful and some really excellent people are there, so I am always ready but consider it the Lords Grace if and when I am allowed back. Personally its a very special for me but even at home in my own space everything is here, I lack nothing but always ready to learn something new.

Ys

Md

PS And just to avoid further judgement when I begged food in the Himalayas I was a practicing Brahmacari, not a hippie who was desperate, I was young and enthusiastic and sincerely wanted to try the sadhu lifestyle, I did the same thing in South India and walked for 2 months From Tirupati to Tamil Nadhu Chennai, but I must admit I did then start getting the bus to other Tirthas in Tamil Nadu and I am not sure what is more dangerous getting the bus or walking from town to town. I have teh utmost respect for India and its culture and sometimes if I look at another source does not mean that I am going to fall at everyone feet and surrender, its mostly just a passing study with open mindedness, I usually end up making the right decisions but I thank everyone for their concerns and advice because India can be whirlpool and major culture shock. I traveled mostly in 3rd class on the Trains because I never wanted to be above the other people, and never once was I bothered, mocked perhaps at times especially in Bengal but I was never phased, I was a visitor after all, and India was the biggest education in life I have had which far excelled any ashram.
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 07 December 2014 at 02:27 PM.

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    Now that is the last thing we would expect from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskaran Singh View Post
    I think he (Sahasranama) was just joking about mushika baba and kadamba sadhu. They're probably just made up, just like Believer's "mulla HawaaBaaz"
    I beg to differ; "mulla HawaaBaaz" is a real person and he is very, very spiritual.

Pranam.

Between you, Believer and Sahasranama on this thread, it can often be hard to tell.

I would consider that I am still a newbie, as the subject is so huge, but I do have a firm grounding. This part of the thread is more believers intervention and preconceived ideas, he seems to have a great habit of condescending poor chap.
    I think everyone here is a newbie to an extent.

I had a great time in India and traveled all over mostly on my own, and I did a 6 week walk through the Himalayans and met some great people, I begged my food and stayed in strangers houses and had no problem what so ever on any part of my journey, only a few stomach bugs here and there, nothing to serious, and no safron swami will fool me easily, I am born and raised a city boy.

I was even granted 5 year visas and made some very nice friends and some in High positions, so I am not afraid of India, nor am I seeking a new guru, but will re visit some old friends and perhaps seek out something new. I only mentioned that Guru because I liked the mantra, but I see no need to to trample on his name, India is what it is in parts, what to do, but the Holy Dham visits are wonderful and some really excellent people are there, so I am always ready but consider it the Lords Grace if and when I am allowed back. Personally its a very special for me but even at home in my own space everything is here, I lack nothing but always ready to learn something new.

Ys

Md
    That seems like a very great experience (excluding the illnesses of course).
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

pranams

Believer

Now that is the last thing we would expect from you.
    Well it was also in good humour and I usually am not sarcastic if I have been previously then it is not with intention. Also some of my typing skills are not very good.

But I would really appreciate any information on Sri Dattatreya and any places worthy of visit, so I can consider,, or maybe the whole point of Avadhuta is to remain almost like an enigma.

They do have Avadhuta's in Gaudia like Vamsi Dasa Baba Ji, but the teachings are different from Avadhuta Gita.

Ys

Md

Exclamation Re: Fake Baba...

Namaste MD ji

Including Iskcon founder all new age godmen have been controversial. They seem to have enjoyed luxuries which a Guru shouldn't have.

As you have spent considerable time in India hope you ll be able to answere.. Can you name one Guru who is making lot of money and is not controversial.

Thumb rule is stick to Vedic Gods and Gurus lived atleast 1000 (thousand) years ago.

We can listen to others offering but cross checking with our Achaarya's offering is mandatory.

BTW, Why do you need the assistance of a controversial baba/Guru instead of submitting yourself to God?c
    Anirudh...

Pranams

I was asking for more teachings about Avadhuta in India, as I said I am not looking for a guru........

Dont worry though I have given up asking this question here. Not sure that Srila Prabhupada was a new age Guru and he lived exclusively in Luxury, when your older maybe you can take a ship and survive 2 heart attacks and then build an empire in from the slums of New York to be able to comment on his success.

Ys

Md

Re: Fake Baba.

Pranams

I was asking for more teachings about Avadhuta in India, as I said I am not looking for a guru........

Dont worry though I have given up asking this question here. Not sure that Srila Prabhupada was a new age Guru and he lived exclusively in Luxury, when your older maybe you can take a ship and survive 2 heart attacks and then build an empire in from the slums of New York to be able to comment on his success.

Ys

Md
    Namaste MD ji

Kindly visit Iskcon temple of your choice in India to understand my words. If you can prove me that they dont fleece public I will give up Hinduism.

When scores of Indians especially Bengali Hindus were forced to convert I am touched with Iskcon founder's intentions to work for people living thousands of miles away...

In comparison please also visit Swami Vivekananda's Ashrams and compare his lifestyle till his death and contributions to Indian masses.
    Last edited by Anirudh; 08 December 2014 at 08:06 PM.
    Anirudh...

Namaste Ji,

I've been thinking about this.There are so many Sanyasins who might be good people,many great heads of Mutts and religious institutions.But if I were asked to name just one Yati who has done genuine,selfless service for Sanatana Dharma & human beings it would Swami Vivekananda and nobody else.No person's life is known to us like an open book than Swamiji's.

There is no need to worship him as an avatar,no need to build mandirs for him nor do any grandiose stuff associated with some pseudo-gurus.
    If we can just follow his wise teachings much can be attained.

Pranams

Anirudh Ji, I am well aware of the problems in ISKCON, but this does not make Srila Prabhupada a new age guru

Thanks for the advice Ram11 Ji.

Ys

Md
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 09 December 2014 at 02:06 AM.

Dear markandeya 108 dasa ji,
    Avadhuta Gita is an exceptional vedantic text. Thanks for the link to its song, ill listen a little later. And yes Shiridi Sai Baba is a great saint [please do continue ur faith in him, but avoid the books written by popular others on him. Learn Vedanta and through vedanta you will gain a better appreciation of the saint].

As regards finding gurus in india, the other members of the forum are correct in telling you to exercise caution - there are lot of frauds out there.

A suggestion , if you are sincerely looking for a guru in india, try :
    http://www.avgsatsang.org/

[Swami Dayananda Saraswati - Arsha Vidhya Gurukulam , coimbatore or rishikesh . Or one of his disciples (swami Paramarthananda in chennai for example)]

or

Ramakrishna Mission.

I tell this to you since you are interested in Advaita .

Please avoid going to someone only because you feel impressed by the person. They might be using lot of tricks to trap you.

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Thread Information