Thread: Reincarnation

Reincarnation

I don’t know what your beliefs are on reincarnation, but for myself, I have always wondered if my migraines were either hereditary or from a previous life. I say previous life because not only do I believe in reincarnation, but also have experienced it on two separate occasions.
    The reason for my thoughts on this was brought about after an experience I had back in 2002. It started one night as I sat in meditation. An inner vision opened in seeing a soft brown skin man with shaven head who looked to be a monk. He was dressed in a yellow robe and sitting in a lotus position. As my vision scanned around I could see that he was sitting on a steep hill which was vastly covered in little yellow flowers. It was truly a beautiful sight to behold. At first I thought this monk was making contact from the spirit realm, but then I realised this was not the case but something much more profound. As I became the watcher, or rather the “witness” to this unraveling drama taking place, I lost all consciousness and became totally absorbed in it.

Truly I do not know how long I sat in this state. I watched this monk closely and seemed to feel a kinship with him. He had his eyes closed and I could tell he was in a deep meditative state. His head was slightly tilted back and I could even see the glint of sunlight reflecting off his smooth brown face and head.

His yellow robe covered his entire body including his feet, leaving only his head to be bathed in sunlight. As my vision scanned the landscape from where he sat, all about was nothing but little yellow flowers spread out everywhere in all directions for miles.
    Only by looking hard would a little green be seen by the covering of flowers. The beauty of this scene put me so at ease I was lost in it. Here I could remain forever in this perfect state of tranquility. It was as if my consciousness was floating just above this landscape where it drifted with no effort or strain on its own accord. Then all at once and without warning I became aware of a grave concern, or better still, a concern that came to me from the consciousness of the monk. It seemed my consciousness was connected to his consciousness.

In great haste the monk raised himself to his feet and ran some distance to where he came to a large wooden double door. This door was huge and very old, it was dark in colour and in some places it was near black, in fact it looked to be part petrified from age.
    I never saw what he entered but presumed it to be a temple, because as my vision followed him inside he fell to his knees before a great gold statue of Buddha.
    There he clasped his hands together as if in prayer with head bowed. Then within a few moments he raised himself high up on his knees, clasped his hands in front of his chest, and focused his vision on the Buddha.

As soon as the monk did this a huge Mongolian man entered and stood directly behind the kneeling monk. He was clad from head to foot in fur clothing, and had a snarl expression on his bearded face. Then I saw the eye’s of the monk widen as if in fright of what was to come. This huge Mongolian man very slowly raised a double headed axe as if trying hard to cause great fear to rise within the monk. The monk never wavered, he held on tightly to the vision of Buddha, then swiftly the axe came down upon the head of the poor monk. Just before the axe hit I was jolted out of this experience. I could not shake the feeling that this monk was me in another life. When I saw the monk sitting in meditation my first thoughts was, Tibet.

The huge man who took the life of the monk I thought was Chinese, but with some investigation I discovered that long ago Tibet was invaded by the Mongolians. As for my migraines, I had them all my life, so too has my mother in which I took after. Now here is where it gets strange; ever since this experience I have never had another migraine, which now makes me wonder if my headaches were the cause of not hereditary, but due to what happened in a previous life.

And here is another thought, while working on the railway lines back in the early eighties, I was standing on a slight hill looking down talking to the boss and three other workers when all of a sudden there was a loud clap of thunder. Those I was looking down at all together put their hands over their heads and bent down fast as if to avoid something.
    Then that something hit the top of my head (on the crown area) hard and with great force causing my legs to buckle from the impact, but then I was ok. My boss and the others couldn’t stop talking about the lightning they saw come down and strike the top of my head. It was next day around 10:00am that I had to go home due to an enormous headache, concussion I guess.

Its only through the cutting of my hair in keeping it very short that I have discovered something unusual. On the crown of my head I have numerous markings where one looks very much like a deep scar. I have (never) had any head injuries in my life. Could it be something brought over from a previous life. I wonder?
    Last edited by atlast; 15 June 2014 at 01:06 AM.

Thread Information