Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chastity is life and sexuality is death.

Re: Chastity is life and sexuality is death.

Did you write this yourself or was it a copy paste job?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Did you write this yourself or was it a copy paste job?
    I wrote this myself.
    But! Sahasranama ji, i was wondring the reason of your Q:

_/\_Jasdir.

I was wondering why you are wondering.

Often large texts are copied from somewhere else, I was just curious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    Often large texts are copied from somewhere else, I was just curious about it.
    Eastrenmind ji, is also very Curious, infact SURE about it.

_/\_Jasdir.

Because this text is on the internet. On your blog, but also in another location?

You may have put together these bits, but the words...you infact did copy and paste.

http://www.spiritualismmba.nstemp.com/True2.htm

"Good Moral Character
    • Success in spiritual practice depends upon formation of pure character and good conduct. It is the first mile-stone on the road leading to spirituality. Therefore, all the Great Souls emphatically stressed the need of maintaining lofty character. They described it as the basis of all austerities. Virtues, truth, meritorious deeds, strength and prosperity all originate from good moral character.
    • The mind enjoys various sense pleasures through the five senses of perception (i.e. eyes, ears, tongue, nose and skin) and five organs of action (i.e. sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch). All these ten senses derive pleasure by contact with the outer objects only. These pleasures are all external. They cannot satisfy the mind and the senses, and true happiness cannot be achieved. Success in spiritual practice can be gained only by turning these senses away from the worldly objects and by going within.
    • Guru Arjan Sahib says :
    • He who keeps ten sense-organs under control,
      His soul is illuminated for sure. (M.5 Gauri 236-14)
    • Kabir Sahib also states the same truth :
    • As long as the mind is not detached from passions,
      Till then, the disciple cannot attain true happiness.
    • The major part of good conduct comprises a life of continence which means purity of mind, word and deed. It comprises control over the sex-production organs. With it, all other sense organs are automatically put under control. The control of sense organs is very essential in all walks of life. Especially in spirituality, without continence (Brahmacharya), the soul cannot ascend higher spiritual regions. Therefore, all the Rishis and Munis, sages and seers laid great stress on the preservation of semen. The loss of one drop of semen leads to death and its preservation bestows life.
    • Chastity is life and sexuality is death."

This is the sad state of affairs which is prevalent now-a-days in the world. The lustful persons are advised to procure their shroud, keep it handy and then do whatever they like. The relationship of man and woman is not to enjoy sexual pleasures. Their relationship is to produce the desired number of children in accordance with the medical advice and the teachings embodied in the Shastras and other holy scriptures.
    As embodied in the Shastras, the husband and wife should have marital relations only once a month with a sole objective of producing off-spring till a child is conceived. They should completely avoid co-habition during pregnancy and also after the birth of a child till such a time the child is fed on mother's milk i.e. upto a period of two and a half years or so.
    Three or four such contacts in the whole life for the sake of producing children are not harmful. They do not retard spiritual progress. It is also quite appropriate and desirable that a man should have two or three children to whom he may be in a position to look after properly. The children born of such parents are generally wise, obedient and of good conduct.
    The aim of human life is not to enjoy sensual pleasures. Its sole purpose is to unite the soul with God. We should, therefore, always lead a pure life. The married couples should live together as if they were not married at all. They should have pure thoughts for each other. They should bring up their children properly and impart good education to them. Such people, though married, are as good as a celibate.

Birth Control
    • In ancient times, population growth did not pose a problem as it does today. Indeed, the need then was to increase the population. It was a moral imperative that a person should have as many children as possible. A man without a child, particularly a son, was considered sinful and inauspicious and was looked down upon. On the other hand, a person with a large progeny had a respectable place in the society. People had a high moral character. They lived according to the instructions of the wise men and the teachings embodied in the Vedas, Shastras and other holy scriptures. They were of the opinion that proper and legitimate use of the instrument of sex was vital for perpetuation of life on the earth. They preferred to have one or two virtuous children instead of large number of good for nothing ones. They considered it as their moral obligation and sacred duty to nourish their children properly, to provide them good health and education, and to build their character. Observance of celibacy was held in high esteem as the bestower of healthy, happy and long life. This had an indirect effect on the growth of population.
    • However, now-a-days, married or family life has become the arena for enjoying sensual pleasures. The result is that population is increasing day by day. The lustful persons are losing their health by falling a prey to a large number of diseases. They are unable to look after their children properly. The new generation is generally found to be weak, lean, wicked and characterless. A large number of families are engrossed in miseries. "
    This comes from this main site-
    http://www.spiritualismmba.nstemp.co...histani Ashram

After reading the entire page, I can now see why you didn't take the whole portion and subject us to it. Probably wouldn't have gone over so well.

Though, it is very enlightening for me this morning.

"Kabir Sahib says:
    A woman is sweet like candy.
    She destroys them all who touch her.
    Those who are attuned to the Guru's feet,
    should not go near her.
    A woman, little or old, what to speak of
    the young is highly poisonous.
    The enemy kills with subtle tricks but a woman
    kills with alluring charms and smiles.
    Don't gaze at her even absent-mindedly.
    Mere gazing will destroy you.
    Even if you treat a woman as a real sister,
    and she may treat you as her real brother.
    Beware ! keep yourself at a distance from her,
    if you want to save yourself.
    The very sight of her is poisonous.
    It makes the mind deceptive.
    A woman charms a man by brightening her eyes
    with collyrium, dressing her hair and by putting a
    sweet-smelling mehndi on her hands.
    And looks alluring, but truly in reality,
    She is a veritable tiger,
    and devours a man into pieces.
    A woman is beautiful like gold,
    yet she emits always evil smell.
    If she be your mother, do not sit near her.
    A woman plays many tricks
    to deprive a man of his valuable life.
    Sometimes she sings and sometimes weeps.
    Sayeth Kabir, only a true disciple knows this play.
    O men and women ! Listen,
    What the True Master say;
    A woman produces only poisonous fruits,
    Do not even taste them. "

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post
    Because this text is on the internet. On your blog, but also in another location?

You may have put together these bits, but the words...you infact did copy and paste.

_/\_Jasdir.

Quote Originally Posted by NayaSurya View Post
    After reading the entire page, I can now see why you didn't take the whole portion and subject us to it. Probably wouldn't have gone over so well.

Though, it is very enlightening for me this morning.

"Kabir Sahib says:
    A woman is sweet like candy.
    She destroys them all who touch her.
    Those who are attuned to the Guru's feet,
    should not go near her.
    A woman, little or old, what to speak of
    the young is highly poisonous.
    The enemy kills with subtle tricks but a woman
    kills with alluring charms and smiles.
    Don't gaze at her even absent-mindedly.
    Mere gazing will destroy you.
    Even if you treat a woman as a real sister,
    and she may treat you as her real brother.
    Beware ! keep yourself at a distance from her,
    if you want to save yourself.
    The very sight of her is poisonous.
    It makes the mind deceptive.
    A woman charms a man by brightening her eyes
    with collyrium, dressing her hair and by putting a
    sweet-smelling mehndi on her hands.
    And looks alluring, but truly in reality,
    She is a veritable tiger,
    and devours a man into pieces.
    A woman is beautiful like gold,
    yet she emits always evil smell.
    If she be your mother, do not sit near her.
    A woman plays many tricks
    to deprive a man of his valuable life.
    Sometimes she sings and sometimes weeps.
    Sayeth Kabir, only a true disciple knows this play.
    O men and women ! Listen,
    What the True Master say;
    A woman produces only poisonous fruits,
    Do not even taste them. "

_/\_Jasdir.

I was a being born in the dawn of computers.

Each of us, for better or worse, leaves a foot print which trails behind us upon the internet...and it is easy to read these...footprints on places such as guru's feet...and blogs.

This is something my own son recently had difficulty with as things he had written and posted were copied by another and reposted as their own property. Fortunately a blessed angel came forward to show this other young person that this is illegal.

Hugs, no harm no foul<3

Vannakkam Jasdir:

Fools we are not! I taught for 28 years and I know when the language shifts incredibly that here is copying (plagiarism) involved. Its easy to spot when a student gets 'help' from a parent or an older sibling.

Having said that, there is no harm in providing links on the internet. Copyright is there to stop commercial use. (Profiting from the work of others)

Many of us here alter our Guru's words into our own but we often don't just quote directly, especially long passages.

The part when you claimed it as your own is forgivable from my point of view. Many of us here either know of others or have worked with ESL people. (English as a Second Language) . Your mother tongue is either Hindi, or Punjabi, am I correct.

Language is such a barrier. Perhaps there are few forums on the internet in languages besides English. Clearly this one is in English. So I would urge you just to use your own words in the future. The meaning will still come across clear enough for most of us to get the message you want to say.

For me, and perhaps some others, its a call to be careful with our language depending on whom we are addressing so that all can understand.

Regards..

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information