Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rudrākṣa - the eyes of śiva

Re: rudrākṣa - the eyes of śiva

Namaste Yajvan,

Many thanks for the very informative thread!

I have been searching for rudraksha japa mala to use in meditation; do you know of any reputable sites I could order from?

I found this:
    http://www.rudraksham.com/category.a...&type=%20more#

And this:
    http://www.yogabasics.com/japamalabe...and-lapis-mala

But both look to be on the smaller side (10-20mm) and the second site is quite expensive (and that price nearly doubles with shipping to Japan). Also, regarding size, your posts above initially indicate that a larger size is preferable (that of a gooseberry, for instance), but then that smaller is preferable (the smaller the size the greater benefit). This is understandably a little confusing.

Many thanks again.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~

namasté

ॐ रुद्राय नमः
    om rudrāya namaḥ

Several have asked me on where one could purchase rudrākṣa. I have several mālā-s from many places and always like to purchase in person when ever possible.
    Yet if I were to purchase on-line I would consider the Rudra Centre...

http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/contactus.php

They have a broad selection and good quality.

Note the mālā-s are called out at the right hand side of this page , they call them rosaries and 'power mala's' :
    http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/

Before they ship the mālā they will perform pūja , ask them to do this ; yet I still advise that a ruda pūja is done with the mālā i.e. rudra abhiṣekam while one attends this pūja.

Please note I am not connected with the Rudra Centre nor benefit from any sale or gain favor from this establishment.

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~

namast

ॐ रुद्राय नमः
    om rudrāya namaḥ

The one who wears rudrākṣa with 12 mouths (mukhya) over the head becomes illustrious like the 12 āditya-s

The bīja sound for 12 faced = kaṣuṁ क्षौं rauṁ रौं

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~

namasté

ॐ रुद्राय नमः
    om rudrāya namaḥ

Rudrākṣa with 13 mouths (mukhya) represents viśvadeva¹ and wearing it all desires of the person are fulfilled,
    besides ( including) fortunes. Good Fortunes always overshadow his house.

viśvadeva - viśvá = all divine ; The viśvadeva-s is a way of collecting all the devatā. We find this name called out in the ṛg ved (1.3.7 to 1.3.9)
    Viśvadevāḥ who never error, are freemoving , without treachery, take delight in this sacrifice (medha) as it upholds - ṛg ved 1.3.9

One who desires a worldly kingdom should worship Viśvadeva says the śrīmad bhāgavatam (2.3 to 2.7)

The bīja sound for 13 faced = hrīṁ ह्रीं

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 14 June 2012 at 12:30 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~

namasté

ॐ रुद्राय नमः
    om rudrāya namaḥ

Rudrākṣa with 14 mouths (mukhya) represents sadāsiva which should be worn over the head with devotion ; all sins are washed out.

sadāśiva सदाशिव sadā + śiva : sadā सदा- always , ever, continually + śiva शिव the Auspicious One. This word śiva is defined as propitious , gracious , favourable , benign , kind ,
    benevolent , friendly , dear and is rooted in śī which is ' in whom all things lie' ; śī also defined as tranquility, devotion, repose, rest.
    Hence sadāśiva is the ever and continually tranquil & auspicious, kind and benevolent One.

The bīja sound for 14 faced = namaḥ नमः

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Dear Members,

A collection containing a variety of sorts of Rudraksha seeds.

Click

Disclaimer: A sense of common concern must be kept in mind; not validating the authenticity of these products, which is totally up to the viewer.

Love

हरिः ओम्

Namaste yajvan,

Thank you kindly for this informative thread; might I ask that you share your knowledge of the use of pearls in a mAlA,
    I believe that they are in resonance with the moon, is this correct?
    I should love to know of how and why one chooses to include them in a mAlA.

I am also intrigued to know more of the choice of quantity of seads; why 108, 54 or 27?

Thank you kindly.

praṇāma

mana

ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Aum Namaḥ Śivāya
    8i8

Smile Re: rudrākṣa - the eyes of śiva

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~

namast

ॐ रुद्राय नमः
    oṁ rudrāya namaḥ

from the last post,
    I will now get back in line and start with a 1 mukha rudrākṣa.
    • Śiva informs us in the śiva mahāpurāṇa that rudrākṣa with a single face/mouth or mukha is indeed the form of śiva which bestows comforts as well as salvation. He says even the very look at it relieves a person of the sin of brahmahatyā ( brahmin slaying). He contines and says the place where that single mukhya rudrākṣa is adored, lakṣmī does not leave that place.
    The bīja sound (phoneme) for this rudrākṣa is hrīṁ ह्रीं
    • Śiva informs us that a rudrākṣa with two mouths (mukhya) fulfills all desires. This rudrākṣa especially removes the sin of brahmahatyā ( brahmin slaying).
    The bīja sound (phoneme) for this rudrākṣa is namaḥ नमः
    • The rudrākṣa with three mouths (mukhya) provides all the means always; with its influence all the lores (learning, knowledge) are firmly estaablished.
    The bīja sound (phoneme) for this rudrākṣa is klīṁ क्लीं

More mukha-s to follow in the next post....

By wearing rudrākṣa during the day, the sins of night are destroyed; by wearing rudrākṣa during the night the sins of the day are destroyed, says śiva

praṇām

rudraksha is most important and hindu religious bead found in nepal and indonesia and many more places of india.Rudraksha is available in different types such as 1 mukhi to 21 mukhi rudraksha which have different ruling god and planets .Rudraksha is also used to cure many diseases by using rudraksha beads every rudraksha bead have a different mantras to siddha that rudraksha .

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~

namasté

ॐ रुद्राय नमः
    om rudrāya namaḥ

Several have asked me on where one could purchase rudrākṣa. I have several mālā-s from many places and always like to purchase in person when ever possible.
    Yet if I were to purchase on-line I would consider the Rudra Centre...

http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/contactus.php

They have a broad selection and good quality.

Note the mālā-s are called out at the right hand side of this page , they call them rosaries and 'power mala's' :
    http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/

Before they ship the mālā they will perform pūja , ask them to do this ; yet I still advise that a ruda pūja is done with the mālā i.e. rudra abhiṣekam while one attends this pūja.

Please note I am not connected with the Rudra Centre nor benefit from any sale or gain favor from this establishment.

praṇām
    Namaste,

Are Rudra Centre Rudraksha 100% real from your knowledge? I been told by many in India lots of cheating occurs. Have you ever purchased from them? What is your opinion on Nepal beads vs Javas beads vs Hawaiian beads?

Quote Originally Posted by divnelight View Post
    Namaste,

Are Rudra Centre Rudraksha 100% real from your knowledge? I been told by many in India lots of cheating occurs. Have you ever purchased from them? What is your opinion on Nepal beads vs Javas beads vs Hawaiian beads?
    Namaskar Divinelight,

Yes, Rudra Centre and their online website are indeed 100%, I can feel comfortable saying that after being a customer for a year. I am not affiliated with them nor do I receive any benefit from saying this.

My personal experience is that Nepal beads carry more power than Java, but I am partial to the beauty of the Nepal beads and their natural hole, so take that for what its worth. You will never find a 1-face Nepal Rudraksha, so in that case get the Java. I have not noticed a difference in the power dependent on the size of the bead, but then I've never held a Rudraksha bigger than 22mm so I can't really say beyond that size.

From what I understand, the Hawaiian beads are Elaeocarpus Gantrius, the Nepal variety, planted by the Saiva Siddhanta Adheenam.

Finally, thank you for reviving this thread. I had not yet seen this one before and have learned some new things.

~Pranam

PS, there is rumored to be an Australian variety, Elaeocarpus Grandiflora, which is bigger than the Nepal bead. But this variety has still not been scientifically described and so there is still some disagreement as to whether or not it is a different and larger species than the Nepal variety or the same but just adapted to the Australian environment in some way that makes them a bit bigger - perhaps older trees or something.
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Thread Information