Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why is daily sadhana important?

Re: Why is daily sadhana important?

Dear Seeker,
    Namasthe!

If you "believe" that all those steps are needed ... you will need them !
    I am not talking about such people ... i am talking, within the context of yoga vasishta, that there are people who have yoga vasishta in their mind ... which means who already look at the world as a dream ... and for such a one ... japa , tapas etc do not matter ! This is the claim of yoga vasishta!

Ashtavakra Gita says: Mukthabhimani muktho hi, baddho baddhabhimani api.

"A muktha abhimani, a person who has the conviction that he is muktha, free ... is free"
    A Baddha abhimani ... a person who has the conviction that he is baddha, or bound is bound !

Ribhu Gita says : one should have firm conviction ... Drda nischayam eva atra, prathamam karanam bhavet... firm conviction alone becomes primary means to liberated living !!

As long as you keep it in the book ... it remains bookish. The moment you own that up ... and say "YES this is Me, about whom its talking" ... its you!!

Annamalai Swami says:

"You don't need methods to get rid of the wrong ideas you have about yourself. All you have to do is stop believing them. The best way to do this is to replace them with ideas that more accurately reflect the real state of affairs."

Love!
    Silence
    Last edited by silence_speaks; 13 November 2014 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post

So far I have concluded , that the following steps are necessary for most of us....
    Vannakkam Seeker: I totally concur. In my view, the last thing anyone needs is to fall into the Advaita trap and think it's all done, so why do anything. Many lifetimes locked in an intellectial grid will surely follow ... until it's figured out. There is only one shortcut, and it's called hard work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXidr0z1RY

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam Seeker: I totally concur. In my view, the last thing anyone needs is to fall into the Advaita trap and think it's all done, so why do anything. Many lifetimes locked in an intellectial grid will surely follow ... until it's figured out. There is only one shortcut, and it's called hard work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXidr0z1RY

Aum Namasivaya
    Eastern Mind ji,

If i am a prince ... and i take myself to be a pauper ... how long will i remain a pauper ? As long as i consider myself one!

One should not fall into the "Prince trap" , Eastern mind ji ... one should continue pauper practices for long enough ... so that one day the pauper wakes up to see himself donned in king's robes ... some angel or God will come and robe him thus while he is sleeping I presume -- pleased with his practices !!

The lesson is : one who does not want to wake up should be allowed to remain so ... blissfully dreaming of a million practices and a billion experiences .... never even once falling into the "waking up Trap" ! "Without falling into the wake up trap", may the sleep continue for a few life times! Where is the hurry ? isn't it ?

I learn this lesson from some friends ... who taught me that teaching should be smooth ! Until then ... I thought teaching should convey the vision, its not there to massage the ego .... and shaving should be smooth !

There are a few who do not want to continue the sleep ... and yoga vasishta is for them! It is for such people that Vivekananda ji has said:

"Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are sheep; You are souls immortal, spirits free, blest and eternal; ye are not matter..."

--- rest continue to remain as sheep, without ever falling into the trap of considering themselves as lions ! They are happy to consider themselves as sheep that will transform themselves into lions through various practices !

Eastern Mind ji ... Trust me ... this post was with lot of love ! Love , Love and Love alone !

Love!
    Silence
    Last edited by silence_speaks; 14 November 2014 at 12:03 PM.

Vannakkam SS:

My post was directed at Seekerji, but I think he most likely has it figured out now. Sometimes people need a bit of confirmation that they're on the right track.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Silence Speaker Ji,

Thanks for your reply.

I can see where you are coming from.

If I am a prince & view myself as a prince , then I am Okay. I will know that I have command over people with ability to exercise my powers.

If I am a prince & view myself as a pauper , I am okay too with minimal hurt. 'Others' will know that I am the prince , and once I am out of my falsehood , I would still have command and powers.

If I am a pauper & view myself as a pauper , I am okay too. I will be humble & try to make some effort to shield myself from the ills of poverty . May be even I may become a prince , if my effort becomes profitable with resulting riches.

On the contrary , if I am a pauper & view myself as a prince and pretend as such , then I will soon be in a world of hurt. I may not even pony up any effort to lift myself up.

How do I avoid the hurt ?

Like the prince knowing that he can command & exercise powers , a realized person also have markers - as told by our sages. They did not leave us with mere convictions. We are told consistently about darshans , siddhis , acquiescing of seers and ever permeating joy as these markers. We are also told that we will see the transformations in our emotions & senses.

From your posts , I read that 'everyone is a prince'. I believe that everyone is capable of becoming a prince. We are merely reflections of divine light. Reflections does not become the original object. Our sadhanas are the effort that merge the reflections to the original - this is the point where dwaitha sheds its skin.

Dear Seeker ji,
    Namasthe!

From your posts , I read that 'everyone is a prince'. I believe that everyone is capable of becoming a prince.
    This is not what our scriptures are saying.
    Their claim is : you are Purna, Complete. Full.
    Not that you have to become complete. You are already complete, that is their claim.

Sri Adi Shankaracharya has a story to illustrate the point: The story of 10 disciples of a monk. They were to go somewhere for some function... for which they had to cross a river. The guru told them to take care of each other ... so after crossing the river, they count themselves ... and each one counts all leaving himself : they conclude that 1 person has drowned in the river.

so the 10th man ... the person who counted ... has to become the 10th man or is he already the 10th man ?

Seeker ji, for the example i have given ... i explained a point through the example. one does not extend the example ... its considered not a logical approach to extend examples. One has to discuss the idea presented through the example... not discuss the example. In the present case its ok, but usually when we discuss a topic ... its not appropriate to extend any examples... look at what is pointed through the example and talk about the indicated point, not the example itself.

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Silence_speaks ji,

I'm curious... so you're saying all of us have to quit our devotional practices because we are already the 'god' himself/herself and as long as we 'feel' we are god, then that's all that is needed? There is no need to get beyond the boundaries of our emotions, none of us have anything to achieve in the spirituality realm - we can be even an ISIS extremist who beheads an innocent civilian each day but we are still god who does not need spiritual practice because we 'feel' that we are god, right?
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Silence_speaks ji,

I'm curious... so you're saying all of us have to quit our devotional practices because we are already the 'god' himself/herself and as long as we 'feel' we are god, then that's all that is needed? There is no need to get beyond the boundaries of our emotions, none of us have anything to achieve in the spirituality realm - we can be even an ISIS extremist who beheads an innocent civilian each day but we are still god who does not need spiritual practice because we 'feel' that we are god, right?
    Dear Viraja ji,
    I did not say any of that. How did you come to such a conclusion ?
    Where did I ever say "You are God" ?

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Dear friend ,
    God is cosmic energy . He is energy and also the essence .So even an iota in his creation is God . That is the absolute truth . But we , humans have limitations so far as time , place , space and perceptions are concerned . So we choose a particular form , shape and name and worship to reach that absolute reality whether knowingly or unknowingly .The ultimate goal is one and same .All people can't reach in one go and can't even understand the content and subject of higher knowledge. Everything has it's own time and procedure .

Namaste

Shree Bhagavaan has a shape although he envelopes every thing. That's why Shree Krishna showed his both forms to Shree Arjuna.

Regarding the OP's question, I am sure we have discussed more than required.......
    Anirudh...

Thread Information