Thread: GURU TATTVA...Who is guru?

GURU TATTVA...Who is guru?

namaste all,i am starting this thread about most vital pillar of sanatandharma with his blessings,the supreme Gurudev.

Guru tattva is pinnacle of sanatan dharma. The entire creation is sustained and nurtured by dharma and this dharma has started flowing from mouth of brahma ( who has taken role of Adiguru) at the start of creation through gurus which is continuing now.
    Majority have doubts and reserves about the Role of Guru in spiritual path. So i thought to have a good discussion about this basic and pivotal aspects of sanatan dharma.
    First question is whether GURU is a individual human? Or a satta (tattva)?
    If one can understand this basic question and change his view of guru,he can accept the universality of guru and make his/her spiritual journey smooth.
    I will put few important points about truth of gurubad,and then will want to know how other”s think about it and have clear understanding with healthy discussion. There are some siddhantas below....about guru-tattva
    1. Guru is the param satta...the highest Tattva of parambrahman.

2. So Guru is one and only and eternal. He can never be an individual.

3. Ultimate spiritual goal, hence self/god/Brahman realization can be achieved only through Guru as Brahmavidya is only GURUMUKHI.

4. Guru is the only approver of Moksha and god can”t give mokhsa.

5. When unified,single,unmanifest Nirguna Brahman first wished to manifest into many,that is the wish to create, he first kept himself as GURU who will return back the self illusioned creation into swaroop. Just like a rescue mechanism before plunging into a dangerous project.

6. So the root and highest tattva is GURU-SATTA.then descending order is nirguna Brahman,then saguna Brahman(whome we worship as GOD),then comes devas, etc..

7. In highest Achintya-veda-veda –tattva....the spiritual tattva/leela which starts after the achievement of Nirvikalpa-the highest goal set byf Vedanta....we can understand this moola guru tattva. Here guru is the husband.god or Brahman is the wife,the sevika.

8. So after understanding this highest bhava-tattva...which is much beyond the advita Brahman-tattva, one can understand who is Guru and how entire creation ,its bhava is created by Mahashakti/god to make happy the paramguru.this is bhava-lok.

9. Guru”s role is not showing us God, he behave that way because we ignorant humans can”t recognize him,misunderstand him . Do we need president to take us to his secretary. No? But when we can be fully evolved in spiritual path,the Guru manifest his swaroop.then we realize that he is the guide,he is the path,he is the destination.

10. So we have to see the individual Guru as a form of the adi-param guru. Because the individuality of of this sadhaka is perished forever,in that place the reflection of param-guru/jagat guru is manifesting.this GURU-SISHYA LEELA is also eternal and AS sweet as RAAS-LEELA of Nitya-vrindavan.

11. In Spiritual practices, bhagavat tattva is NOT essential..just we can see in JAINISM,BUDDHISM, orthodox Sannyasi margs,to some extent SIKHISM. Many school of philosophy has no concept of individual god,but most philosophy aims at conquering sorrow,some goal for eternal bliss/happiness. But in one and all spiritual path,GURU”S role is absolute necessity.

12. The GURU i am referring above is only SAT-GURU...?

13. Who is satguru? Those whose individuality is completely Annihilated in param-brahma through Vedanta-described Nirvikalpa and came back to earthily body with wishes of Jagat-guru. Other siddhas,sadhakas,samprangyat,asmprangyat Samadhi attained Gurus are not comes under category of Satguru. As they all go through karma-mukti,so they can”t give mokhsa to others.

14. But the role of disciple is not to search the calibre of his guru once taken diksha,but accept him with respect as Sat-guru as his devotion is directly accepted by jagat-guru imself and jagat-guru is indirectly guide the disciple through by his own means. But before one beg diksha at a certain guru,he must try to be sure and convinced that the guru is truly evolved one.

15. Guru-sishya relationship is eternal, once guru has accepted a sishya,he can"t attain mokhsa untill his sishya is not freed.
    second,if guru hasn"t attained mokhsa,both guru-sishya born again and again as guru-sishya till guru attains siddhi
    third,sishya can never attain mokhsa untill guru has attained it.

16. once Guru accepts a sishya,he accept at same time all sins,all karmic bondages forever untill the sishya is liberated from maya.

so imagine how dreadful and how much responsibility is to be a guru.but satguru has so much love,mercy for we ignorant humans that he willingly takes all sin,pain,all karmic bondage of us to give us freedom and suffer the sins of us.suffer so many false accusation from society.
    but does he gets anything in return?nothing because he is atmaram...self fulfilled bholanath. it is his his love,pitiness and empathy for us that bring back to this nasty earth again from Brahmananda.

but many ignorant ,half baked sadhus are doing guru-giri as buissness without knowing how nuch sin they are taking,to just confirm their own hell for sure.

jayaguru

Re: GURU TATTVA...Who is guru?

At the journey's start the Master is the boatman, the boat and the river. At the journey's end, the Master becomes the Goal itself. A beginner-seeker sees the Master as the boat. When he crosses beyond the barrier of the mind, he sees the Master as the boatman. When he establishes his constant oneness with the Master, he sees the Master as the river. And when he becomes the most perfect instrument of the Master, he sees the Master as his Goal itself. When the hour strikes for the disciple, the disciple also has to play the role of a Master, for progress must continue in the world of self-giving and God-becoming.

The Master's compassion-heart can always play the role of protection-arms. The Master loves his dear ones infinitely more than the dear ones can imagine. It is the unconditional love and concern of the Master for his dear ones that keeps the seekers' aspiration-flames burning.
    Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.
    Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

My Lord is the Lord of Universe; My teacher is the teacher of the
    entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet
    of such a Guru, who has revealed such knowledge to me.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté anirvan

I have read your post on several occasions and wish to participate in your ideas, yet I am uncertain what you are asking. If possible, can you perhaps offer a simpler question or perhaps net out your question ( if you are asking one).

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 12 July 2012 at 09:07 PM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Namaste yajvan ji,

the idea of starting this thread is to give a clear understanding to those naive about the concept of GURU in sanatan dharma. it is this part of sanatan dharma, most peoples get confused and get trapped into big big scandalous organisations

most important conclusion of this thread is to philosophically present that
    HOW GURU IS CLEARLY THE SUPREME GODHEAD AND ULTIMATE REALITY AND DESTINATION ,AND THE ONLY ONE TO BE WORSHIPED. HE IS THE HUMAN GOD POSSESSED WITH HUMAN VIRTUES AND SHORTCOMINGS ,THE REASON WE MISTAKENLY IGNORE HIM FOR A MORE IMAGINARY DEITY WITH IMAGINARY AISHARYAS.

jayaguru

entire universe; and my Self is the Self of all. My salutations at the lotus-feet

Namaste

vasudeva sutam devam
    KauMsa chANura mardanam
    devaki paramAnandam
    KrushNam vande JagatGurum

Man-naathah Shri Jagan-nathah

Mat-guru-shri jagad-guruhu.

Mad-atma sarva-bhutatma

tasmai Shri Gurave Namah.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4953

JagannAth swAmi nayana path gAmi bhuvatume ~

praNAm
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste smaranam ji, its wonderful poem by you.
    it just affirms the romantic,lover heart which is beating for Sri Raseshwar.
    bless us for this love.

jai bankebihari lal ki

am the creative truth(Hallaj), I am destiny(Muawiya), I am the speaking Quoran(Ali), Glory to Me (Bayazid).

Who has these authority to speak aloud to mankind ? come to me,i will take care of your misery,your sins and give you freedom and the heaven !

In the Higher sufism of Islam unitive experience is not the finite ego effacing its own identity by some sort of absorption into Infinite Ego, It is rather the "Infinite passing into loving embrace of the Finite.
    Guru is the descended human god........
    As Rumi says"
    " Divine knowledge is lost in the Knowledge of the Saint !"
    And how is it possible for people to believe such a thing?"
    ( islamic sufism ,ikbal Ali Shah)

At the highest point of ascend in sadhna,the Nirvikalpa samadhi, the natural ego dissolves into the Brahman ,and while descending,the dissolved natural ego express as purest ego or Guru. This purest,eternal Ego point or uni-pointed Guru(gurubindu) is the ultimate Tattva. Those who" Ego is stabilized equally and unified with this uni pointed Guru(gurubindu) is called Sadguru !!

He never annihilated in Nirguna brahman,but Nirguna brahman becomes Active seated eternally inside him. The Infinite/nirguna gets blissfully fulfilled by Loving embrace of Finite/saguna.

Brabmano hi pratisthahamamrutasyabyayasya cha"!
    saswatasya cha dharnasya sukhasvekantikasya cha"!! B.G-14/27

since I am the foundation of the eternal,unending,nectar of brahman, so I am the living idol of sanatal dharma and source of eternal bliss !!

This is the loudest words of Param Guru sitting in the heart of Srikrishna on kurukhsetra.

jayaguru

ईश्वरो गुरूरात्मेति मूर्तिभेदे विभागिनो।
    व्योमवत् व्याप्तदेहाय तस्मै श्रीगुरवे नमः।।

ishwar & guru look different only in form but from tatva view they are one _/\_
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Thread Information