Thread: 1 Mukhi Rudraksha

1 Mukhi Rudraksha

Namaskar all my dad has been trying to get a 1 Mukhi rudraksha for me for 3 years because he knows I'm very spiritual and a lord shiva devotee. He passed over his Shivji photo that he had kept since childhood with him to me also last week. Recently someone who worked for him was in Nepal and he went through a ordeal to try and find one. Apparently the guy couldn't find it in any shop, he only found fake ones (same price or cheaper than the common ones) he had to go to another city and someone his relative knew had one on display in his shop or something similar and he managed to purchase it. Now me and my dad don't know if it is real but my dad is 90% that it is. We got it encased in silver and a aum symbol over there too and I just recieved it today when the guy came back from holiday.

Just a few questions. On monday me and my dad are going to do puja on the rudraksha before I wear it. Any advice/specific mantras for the 1 face?
    Mines looks almost exactly like this, minus the mala ofcourse. Even my aum encasing looks the same.
    http://static4.shop.indiatimes.com/i...-rudraksha.jpg
    This one seems of course fake, since it is selling for a few thousand rupees lol.

Re: 1 Mukhi Rudraksha

I also just read it should be worn on a white thread, is that true because mine is in a black one?

Edit : Why is there so much contradictory information online? Some sites say it is fine to wear it while having sex and various other things, some say it is strictly forbidden? Some say you can shower with it and some say you can't? No clarity anywhere...
    Last edited by IcyCosmic; 11 November 2013 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyCosmic View Post
    I also just read it should be worn on a white thread, is that true because mine is in a black one?

Edit : Why is there so much contradictory information online? Some sites say it is fine to wear it while having sex and various other things, some say it is strictly forbidden? Some say you can shower with it and some say you can't? No clarity anywhere...
    Namaste IcyCosmic,

There is much debate about this topic. The Elaepcarpus tree makes Rudraksha. Elaeocarpus ganitrus is what makes the round highly sought after Rudraksha. While Elaeocarpus tuberculatus tree produces the flat shaped 1 mukhis we see in the market (flat 1, 2, 3 mukhis comes from here). We would have to refer scriptures to determine what is right and wrong. From my understanding it is not a "real" Rudraksha it cannot be compared to a round 1 mukhi. 1-3 mukhi tend to collapse on themselves and the rare ones remain round. Many claim that these are okay to wear and that a Round 1 mukhi>Oval 1 mukhi> Cashew 1 mukhi. Very few 1 round mukhi a produced each year and are often never sold. The only way to obtain one is luck. They say in Nepal the king has a tree that produces 3 1 mukhi a year one automatically goes to the heavens, while one the king keeps and one is placed on the altar and later given out with prashad to a lucky person. 1 Mukhi will give you everything (make you a king etc.) but its real power is it draws you toward moksha, its makes you renounce everything; they say you become withdrawn from people and society your sole focus is God and becoming one with the supreme. So if your ambition is to become rich and successful then this Rudraskha is not the one. It will give you success but that success is renunciation and liberation which in my opinion is the only REAL success in this universe.

As per your second question. Rules for wearing a Rudraskha. Some say you can do what you want when you wear it. I feel this is the wrong approach. A Rudraksha represents a form of God which must be respected and treated with care. It is the same concept as a murti in a mandir we must first invoke divinity to enter it without this a murti is merely a sculpture and a Rudraksha a seed. Since Rudraksha have magnetic properties and hold the divine we have to make sure to keep them pure. So wearing them during sex (unless conception of child is a goal), eating meat, taking a "number 2" is not advisable. That is the reason why they say every once in a while light incense, give it jyot and touch it with an Shivalingam to keep it pure and energized. If one were to make an error there is no issue the Rudraksha can be re-energized.

Rudraksha are Lord Shiva and are here for the benefit of mankind. They help us on our spiritual journey. We cannot become perfect over night if you happen to crave some non veg just take off the Rudraksha and wear it the next day after a shower. We wouldn't eat a burger in a mandir/in front of murti so why not give the same respect to a Rudraksha who is considered Lord Shiva. The power of the Rurdraksha will slowly but surely draw the devotee towards spirituality soon they themselves will forgo non-veg, drugs etc out of free will.

Sorry for the long read my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyCosmic View Post

Namaste IcyCosmic,

I forgot to answer all your questions in my previous post. The main thing I know is a real Rudraksha will never cause harm to a person. When people start stating certain combinations don't go together this is false; the most expensive malas have 1-14 mukhi together and the Indra Mala which has 1-21 all together.

There is lots of contractions online. I feel some of it stems from people not reading our scriptures or consulting those with knowledge. Many sites I have seen copy each other word for word (copyright?). I believe when it comes to sex it matters what type a) husband and wife 2) one night stand 3) girlfriend and boyfriend etc. Love between a husband and wife and act of conception(married couple) is considered sacred and okay. I would still recommend removing them unless otherwise stated.

As per showers. Bathing with a Rudraksha is fine. In fact it is supposed to please Lord Shiva the act of bathing with a Rudraksha is similar to pouring water(jal) over a Shivalingam. I have been told it is also good to cup the bead while showering and drink the water that touches it; it is supposed to be good for you. The reason why people say don't shower with a Rudraksha is because of the soaps and shampoos we use a) they can dry the bead out and leave residue (soap scum etc) 2) Many shampoos and soaps contain animal by products (ex. beef tallow), 3) some people say to take it off when we sleep and to put it back on when we shower. I believe leaving it on while sleeping is not a big deal. The main goal is to keep the Rudraksha in good condition (prevent it from drying out) and as pure as possible. Sometimes we cannot control the situation ex. using a public bathroom when we have an upset stomach. If you want to wash the beads daily you can. They can be placed on a Shivalingam and one can pour water on the lingam and on the beads. Also, you can simply place them in a bowl pour water on them (you can drink the water or pour in your plants.)

There are many opinions and view points out there. That is the beauty of our religion. We can pick and choose what works for our lives. Are some of the rules more important than others? I say yes but if they interfere with your devotion then whats the point of following them. Try your best to follow them as much as possible but as long as you are progressing spiritually and emotionally that is what truly matters. Remember to always follow your heart and listen to your soul if ever in doubt they will never mislead you.

-divnelight

Namaste IC,

I have seen Rudraksha tree and shapes in which the fruits are formed. My observation leads me to think that it would a very very rare occasion when a 1 Mukhi Rudraksha is made on the tree. Therefore, though I cannot deny its existence altogether, it cannot be so easily available in the market. Therefore, a large number of such Rudrakshas must be fake.

I heard similar stories on other things like "flower of gular tree" which actually doesn't exist and also 5 and 11 leaves Baelpatra (Normally it is three leaves joined together) which also I have yet to see.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste IC,

I have seen Rudraksha tree and shapes in which the fruits are formed. My observation leads me to think that it would a very very rare occasion when a 1 Mukhi Rudraksha is made on the tree. Therefore, though I cannot deny its existence altogether, it cannot be so easily available in the market. Therefore, a large number of such Rudrakshas must be fake.

I heard similar stories on other things like "flower of gular tree" which actually doesn't exist and also 5 and 11 leaves Baelpatra (Normally it is three leaves joined together) which also I have yet to see.

OM
    Vannakkam: I'm very suspicious as well. A sharp knife, or detailed colored filler could do wonders rather quickly. Think of what a fine jeweller can do with metal.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: I'm very suspicious as well. A sharp knife, or detailed colored filler could do wonders rather quickly. Think of what a fine jeweller can do with metal.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste devotee and Eastern Mind,

These statements are true. To make a quick dollars people exploit others faith. It truly saddens me when others use religion as means to personal gain. People turn to God when they suffer and these people capitalize on it. Every where I look I see pandits, fake swamis and businesses taking advantage of this. How long can mother earth bare such children before she gives up. When buying Rudrakshas we must be very careful even places like ashrams have been known to glue together two or more Rudraksha to make a Guari-Shankar and Trijuti beads (my aunt brought me a bag of all different types of Rudraksha from an ashram in Assam where this was the case).

-divnelight

Namaste all,

I agree with divnelight because there are actually all this happening nowadays.
    Chakra Healing with RRST!!!

Thread Information