Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts?

Your thoughts?

Namaste,

I found a very interesting video by a Youtube Member by the name of Sonia Dhaliwal.

Please watch and let me know your thoughts.

Sonia Dhaliwal: "Western Imperialism/Consumerism vs Vedic Civilization"
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 16 January 2014 at 01:33 AM. Reason: typo

Re: Your thoughts?

Namaste Sudas,

I had mixed reactions. At one end the speaker talks high about our culture and points out the on going western domination. From an another end a portrait of sexist Nithyanada is adorning the background.

First I couldn't believe my eyes, browsed through her you tube page. It is sexist Nithyanada, so I don't understand her intent.

Those who don't know sexist Nithyanada might be wondering why I am upset with mere a portrait. Google it up, do not want to share dirty videos

PS : Auto words facility in the phone ate/modified few words, so had to correct the sentence.
    Last edited by Anirudh; 16 January 2014 at 12:03 AM.
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste Sudas,

I had mixed reactions, at one end the speaker talks high about our culture and points of the on going western domination and at the end a portrait of sexist Nithyanada is adorning the background.

First I couldn't believe my eyes, browsed through her you tube page. It is sexist Nithyanada, so I don't understand her intent.

Those who don't know sexist Nithyanada might be wondering why I am upset with mere a portrait. Google it up, do not want to share dirty videos
    Namaste,

Aside from a picture of Nithyananda in the background, what are your thoughts on the words spoken in the video? In other words: what are your thoughts on the content of her analysis?

Namaste Sudas,

In other words: what are your thoughts on the content of her analysis?
    Let me explain a bit.

Few years ago when skeletons started tumbling, have heard similar stuff from this sexist god man in a Tamil news channel. This lady seem to have translated a portion of his words.

In a isolated environment, agree with most of her speech especially after 14.0.

How ever, a man is known by the company he keeps, so that picture and her endorsement is a spoilsport Yesterday Karunanithi was reading his write up on Tamil culture in his TV. This video is something like that.
    Anirudh...

Namaste Sudas,

Let me explain a bit.

Few years ago when skeletons started tumbling, have heard similar stuff from this sexist god man in a Tamil news channel. This lady seem to have translated a portion of his words.

In a isolated environment, agree with most of her speech especially after 14.0.

How ever, a man is known by the company he keeps, so that picture and her endorsement is a spoilsport Yesterday Karunanithi was reading his write up on Tamil culture in his TV. This video is something like that.
    Namaste,

Thank you for your explanation.

I believe I should be honest: I have no idea who Nithyananda is. After googling his name, I came across a Wikipedia article dedicated to him, wherein a few controversies relating to him were detailed.

Coming back to the content of the video, as per my summary of Sonia's video, I believe she is opining that instead of Hindu Indians using a Western socio-economic-political paradigm, they should rather apply an Indic lens in critiquing both Hinduism and Indian society, along with evaluating whether the Western world is [truly] mystically, spiritually, and socially "enlightened" [as we are "led" to believe, perhaps?]. Personally, I find the West to be very advanced and forward.

But, I agree with her analytical opinion that an Indic lens should also be applied rather than always utilizing a Western socio-economic-political paradigm in evaluating India, Hinduism, and the Indian people. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskaran Singh View Post

Umm...I think that aniruddh is offline right now, so I don't think he'll respond until later...
    No. He must answer now. Otherwise, the world will soon end. Pass this message to ten other people or a ghost will haunt you tonight. XOXOXO

:insertanimaginaryfacepalm:
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    I agree with her analytical opinion that an Indic lens should be applied rather than always utilizing a Western socio-economic-political paradigm in evaluating India, Hinduism, and the Indian people. Your thoughts?
    Umm...I think that aniruddh is offline right now, so I don't think he'll respond until later...
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Namaste Sudas,

I agree with her analytical opinion that an Indic lens should be applied rather than always utilizing a Western socio-economic-political paradigm in evaluating India, Hinduism, and the Indian people. Your thoughts?
    OK. I don't want to derail with that picture any further.

Like her I too agree that Indians schools are following western mode of teaching, and the principals of SD (hate to use the word Hindu or India ) are analysed under the western framework.

On a another day a person who was drinking cow urine as a medication for diabetes was mocked in almost all of the forum, upon simple Google, found that cow urine has medicinal properties to contain diabetes.

So can we educate our degree holders and doctorates to understand our own Science? When I can't even sell with in HDF that we developed flying machines and nuclear weapons citing Shree Vaalmiki Raamaayan as a proof, how can we expect our men to send their wards to Gurukul?

If my posts did not add value to the thread, let me know. I will delete them

No. He must answer now. Otherwise, the world will soon end. Pass this message to ten other people or a ghost will haunt you tonight. XOXOXO
    Well I did not see this while answering you... Jaskaran ji, since I have answered it now, Sudas ji's oracle should not trouble you
    Last edited by Anirudh; 16 January 2014 at 03:37 AM.
    Anirudh...

So can we educate our degree holders and doctorates to understand our own Science? When I can't even sell with in HDF that we developed flying machines and nuclear weapons citing as a Shree Vaalmiki Raamaayan as a proof, how can we expect our men to send their wards to Gurukul?
    Namaste,

I think that's an interesting question. Sadly, I do not have an answer right now. I hope other members can be kind as to step in and provide a well, thought out answer for the scenario posited above.

Namaste,

Sonia Dhaliwal has indeed given a good speech on how Western civilization imposes itself on other weaker civilizations by for example, blaming on some weaker points such as India's caste system and that for some other weaker points, no consideration is being given into the effects of colonialization in the past... and that we, India, should produce schools of thought that would make those who go to Harvard or Oxford come to us instead! It is a grand thought, I have to go through the record once more but to me it seems she has not given an 'concrete ideas' on *how* such Indian schools should operate? Like, for example, what should be the 'curriculum' in such schools... it is my wish that the speaker had given these recommendations also.
    Last edited by Viraja; 16 January 2014 at 11:49 AM.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste HDF,

I haven't even watched the video yet, but already I have some thoughts...and as usual these thoughts center on "who's to blame," and whether or not I'm one of those guilty people.

I know it speaks volumes about me that I take such things personally and want to avoid blame...it's just that like Viraja was alluding to, unless solutions are concretely spelled out, I don't know what I can personally do about it to absolve myself of the guilt. Believe me, I wish I was Professor X from the X-Men so I could control minds and stop my fellow Westerners from committing their oppression.

There's just so much of it going on these days, that everything I do seems to have no effect whatsoever. The oppressed keep heaping the guilt on me, and I'm not saying it's not justified...I just have to say it seems like my life is impossible, and I wonder what karmic thing I've committed in a past life to suffer this.

Thread Information