Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aum Tat Sat

Re: Aum Tat Sat

Quote Originally Posted by Anima Deorum View Post
    Welcome, Markandeya! Please make yourself comfortable.

This can be a very positive place.

Be Happy

Dear Believer ji,

This is no way to welcome any devotee of God to Sanatana Dharma. In fact, you are coming off as downright arrogant and sententious; there is no need to scold someone coming into the arms of the Lord in the guise of sagacious self-righteousness. You are the one causing friction here. Think about that.
    Vannakkam AD: Believer, myself, moderators, and several others who have been members for a considerable time have seen endless arguments and discussions on what Believer cautioned on. We came to a group decision a couple of years back (before you joined) that we'd limit the comparative studies, as it usually (always) got out of hand. So I believe that caution is warranted.

Aum Namasivaya

Hi Eastern Mind.

So your group decision that limiting discussion, which was reached years ago, warrants the current limitation of discussion?

1. Your group decision is exclusive and alienating, as is its application and reference as a means of scolding a child of God in an introduction.

2. Explaining a current event or decision by describing a prior event constitutes what's known as a causal history or genetic account, and is not a justificatory ground.

3. All philosophy aside, Markandeya was sharing openly about their journey, identity, and love of God in an admirable act of introduction. And Believer was haughty and unwelcoming. That is not the spirit of any sangha, period, and I stand by my words. I do not condone treating any newcomer or guest who is sincere and kind in this way. Actually, previous opinions and current opinions on the matter are irrelevant to me. Personally, I'm surprised you are defending his decision.

Om shantihi shantihi shantihi
    Last edited by Anima Deorum; 31 March 2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Spelling of member name
    "Be the change you wish to see in other people." ~Gandhi

Dandavats,

Thank you Anima Deorum for your comments, and i am fine with the comments of Believer and Eastern Mind. And i also appreciate very much that you are helping to secure a clean sheet for me to enter this forum.

I am assuming that due to past posts of other devotees from ISKCON, that perhaps that there may have been heated debates, as some sadhaka's of ISKCON can be confrontational and over enthusiastic when it comes to siddhanta. I have seen it many times when great divisions are caused through philosophical debate.

I try not to get involved to much in debates of that sort. In fact i am quite relaxed in how different people approach the absolute truth, and i consider that i can learn from many people.

All i wish in discussions, that i want to take part in, that they are constructed and approached with broadmindedness and due consideration of what the speakers are trying to represent. There maybe differences, but gentlemen can discuss with a positive philosophical mind, without causing enmity.

I also have a neutral stance on ISKCON, i am am not really associated with ISKCON fundamentally, and in the same sentence i am not averse to ISKCON, but i am sorry to say that some have not behaved in a very good manner. I am independent, but on that note i do hope that not everyone is considered to be of the same temperament of the hardline preachers of that school.

There are 3 schools that are considered in general, advaita, dvaita and acintya beda abeda tattva, and each one claims superiority. And within the 3 expressions it does sometimes seem to cause separation and i am sure that each philosophical system can misinterpret each other.

If our universal connection with each other is lost due to philosophical differences and over emphasis on any belief system then i think whatever school of thought one comes from then we may miss the vital essence of sanatana dharma.

I am still a student, not a realized soul, and i embrace diversity. At this moment i am reading the posts to try and learn and understand the mood, to discuss in my free time in a positive and constructive way this beautiful and profound path of spiritual life that the Vedas and its branches has offered humanity for the benefit of all sentient beings.

Ys

Markandeya Dasa

Namaste

Dear Markandeya Dasa, Believer Ji, and Eastern Mind Ji,
    Thank you all again for your presence and support here. And please let me apologize for my disparaging tone earlier. I do not believe that to be in the true spirit.

It's interesting that you mention ISKON, Markandeya, since I just visited their local temple on Sunday for many hours. It was my first contact with the organization. It's a beautiful temple, but I felt increasingly nervous from the ordeal the next couple days, an anxiety which is finally mellowing out.

I was going to write about it in the Mandir thread, but have a lot of reservations and negative perceptions that the experience is bringing up. One of them sent me a rude e-mail reply. Similarly, I was rude here, and will try not to be like that in the future.

And yes, I agree that compassion, openness, and honesty is the way, not intellectual polemics.

Hari Om
    "Be the change you wish to see in other people." ~Gandhi

Thread Information