Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aum Tat Sat

Aum Tat Sat

My name is Markandeya Dasa,

I am a disciple of HH Bhakti Svarupa Damodara Swami Maharaja.

I have been practicing the dharma way of life for 25, i was previously a brahmacari in the Gaudiya Vaishnava Tradition, and now i am a householder for the past 14 years. I am English by birth, i lived in India for 5 years and Asia for around 15 years, i currently reside in the UK.

I consider myself non denominational, i dont like fixed beliefs or dogma. I get my inspirations from many different sources, this can range from the wide birth of Indian Philosophy, Vedic and other schools of Indian thought, Buddhism and Christian Mysticism and parts of science, pyscology, and western philosophy .

I am here to learn, share, listen, discuss and add input.

Dandavats

Markandeya Dasa

Re: Aum Tat Sat

Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    My name is Markandeya Dasa,

I am a disciple of HH Bhakti Svarupa Damodara Swami Maharaja.

I have been practicing the dharma way of life for 25, i was previously a brahmacari in the Gaudiya Vaishnava Tradition, and now i am a householder for the past 14 years. I am English by birth, i lived in India for 5 years and Asia for around 15 years, i currently reside in the UK.

I consider myself non denominational, i dont like fixed beliefs or dogma. I get my inspirations from many different sources, this can range from the wide birth of Indian Philosophy, Vedic and other schools of Indian thought, Buddhism and Christian Mysticism and parts of science, pyscology, and western philosophy .

I am here to learn, share, listen, discuss and add input.

Dandavats

Markandeya Dasa
    Vannakkam, and welcome to HDF. I hope your stay here is fruitful. This site, (as you may have noticed) is vast. Hopefully by using the search button, you can find a topic to explore.

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 28 March 2014 at 04:19 PM.

Namaste,

Welcome to the forum. Glad that you found us worthy of sharing your time and thoughts with.

I consider myself non denominational, i dont like fixed beliefs or dogma. I get my inspirations from many different sources, this can range from the wide birth of Indian Philosophy, Vedic and other schools of Indian thought, Buddhism and Christian Mysticism and parts of science, pyscology, and western philosophy.
    It would be nice to limit the non-denominational point of view in discussions to the confines of various Hindu schools of thought. This being a Hindu forum with a capital 'H', import of alternate theologies/philosophies is bound to create friction. Just a thought to familiarize you with what is expected here.

Pranam.

Pranams Eastern Mind & Believer,

Thank you for your welcome and your suggestions, i will take them on board and act accordingly with full respect of each member and view.

I fully respect this is a Hindu site. When i say i am non denominational, i use it more in reference that i can learn from diversity and all schools, and do my best to hold down siddhanta but without confining it to a fixed belief, or necessarily one tradition.

I wont discuss to much here about the actual term Hindu as i am sure somewhere in here that word has been discussed and about the conventional use of th goegraphic boundry and also used a conventions to denote a set of teachings born in the holy land of Bharata, and the ultimate conclusion that Hindu or Hinduism are words nor found in traditional literature. But conventions do make things simple and have their use

Pranams

Md

Namaste and Welcome

Bhaktisvarupa Damodara Swami ... that is quite a notable, even historic, personality, it is certainly something to be proud of if you are his disciple, his story is a stunning achievement of a genius in brain power, born in Manipur and left devastated by World War 2 and the death of his parents, and alone to till the soil in a life of hardship beyond the imagination of so many, yet then rising with honors to the highest educational degrees from multiple Universities in India, eventually making his way in his esteemed path of education and honors to America and the University of California at Irvine (Los Angeles), literally a genius who never forgot his roots back to East India and Calcutta, of all things in America meeting with ISKCON and the linage of Prabhupad and becoming a GBC member and then a world figure in religious and scientific dialog with other world and religious leaders.

I recall once being audience to a dance troupe decades ago based on Manipur style, this later became an official tour in many countries under his guidance.

I hope you always remember his passion and teaching, and his genius of Sanatana Dharma and curtural reverence.

Om Namah Sivaya

Dandavta Pranams ShivaFan,

Thank you very much for your kind words and glory of my beloved Guru Deva. Whose humility and open minded approach to knowledge has been a great, if not vital part of my own development on the spiritual path.

Hopefully i can emulate him as far as my conditions take me, as it is certainly a lofty task due to his simple but high status, not just as a vaishnava but as a human being who would welcome all to his association on our path to freedom.

I was very touched by your post.

Om. I bow with folded hands to Lord Siva, Who is the Lord of the universe (Jagat-Pati), world's teacher (Jagad-Guru), Who is the destroyer of Tripuras (3 cities, egoism, lust and anger), Who is the Lord of Uma (Uma Sankar), Gauri (Gauri Sankar), Ganga (Ganga Sankar), who is full of light (Jyotirmaya), knowledge and bliss (Chidananda Maya), Who is the Lord of Yogins (Yogeesvara), Who is the storehouse of knowledge and Who is known by the various names as Mahadeva, Sankara, Hara, Sambhu, Sadasiva, Rudra, Soolapani, Bhairava, Uma- Mahesvara, Neelakantha, Trilochana or Tryambaka (the three-eyed), Visvanatha, Chandrasekhara, Ardhanareesvara, Mahesvara, Neelalohita, Parama Siva, Digambara, Dakshinamurt

Ys

Md

Pranams Eastern Mind & Believer,

I wont discuss to much here about the actual term Hindu as i am sure somewhere in here that word has been discussed and about the conventional use of th goegraphic boundry and
    Vannakkam: There is very little here that hasn't been discussed.

See the current thread on this topic. http://hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3462

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 30 March 2014 at 06:45 AM.

Namaskara Eastern Mind,

Would it possible to put up a direct link, i did look for it but always get side tracked

Yes your right and it seems that most topics are covered, but then again its the beautiful teachings that have been discussed throughout the whole history of humanity for millennium and long may it continue.

The ever fresh waters of sanatana dharma

Aum Tat Sat

Namaskar, and welcome.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Welcome, Markandeya! Please make yourself comfortable.

This can be a very positive place.

Be Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Welcome to the forum. Glad that you found us worthy of sharing your time and thoughts with.

It would be nice to limit the non-denominational point of view in discussions to the confines of various Hindu schools of thought. This being a Hindu forum with a capital 'H', import of alternate theologies/philosophies is bound to create friction. Just a thought to familiarize you with what is expected here.

Pranam.
    Dear Believer ji,

This is no way to welcome any devotee of God to Sanatana Dharma. In fact, you are coming off as downright arrogant and sententious; there is no need to scold someone coming into the arms of the Lord in the guise of sagacious self-righteousness. You are the one causing friction here. Think about that.
    "Be the change you wish to see in other people." ~Gandhi

Thread Information