Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Article: New Members - Some Core Ideas for HDF

Re: New Folks ... Some Core Ideas for HDF

Quote Originally Posted by Aanandinii View Post
    Namaskar Eastern Mind,

Thank you so much. I hope to speak with you more in the future.

Pranam
    Vannakkam: I hear there is a beautiful Lakshmi temple in Massachusetts. Have you been? http://www.srilakshmi.org/

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: I hear there is a beautiful Lakshmi temple in Massachusetts. Have you been? http://www.srilakshmi.org/

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste Eastern Mind-ji,

I only found out about Sri Lakshmi Temple this summer, and have not yet been. A good friend went there for Navaratri this year, she said it was gorgeous. She has lived here many years and only just found out about it herself. There is apparently some very good food in the area as well, I'm told.

I am traveling again soon, so I hope to go in January, perhaps for Makar Sankranti if possible. Do you happen to know if there are any Temples in the West Palm FL area?

There are also some smaller Temples closer to where I live, for instance I hear of one in Arlington. I have been looking in to going, but in all honesty I have been nervous. I am far less nervous now, and I know it's silly. Yet I'm still anxious. The only way to do it is to just go.

Pranam

Edit to add: Had some time during lunch to look it up, as I have kept meaning to. Palm Beach Hindu Mandir Wonderful, I very much look forward to going there. If anyone else has been and/or knows of any other temples, please share?
    Last edited by Aanandinii; 12 December 2013 at 12:23 PM.
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

3. Re: New Folks ... Some Core Ideas for HDF

namaste

My name is parteek i am from punjab,india.I was born in a hindu family and i have been a hindu through out my life(24yrs ). there are so many values in our family(religion) that we follow them without any question or without properly understanding them . i found this forum while searching on internet i hope i will get guidance from other members who have experienced the bliss of knowledge to better understand that why we do the things we do ?
    i guess i would be asking a lot of elementary questions as well please be patient with me i just want to understand it more deeply and without any confusion so that i can be a better follower and in turn become a better human.

har har mahadev !!

Quote Originally Posted by parteeksharma View Post
    namaste

My name is parteek i am from punjab,india.I was born in a hindu family and i have been a hindu through out my life(24yrs ). there are so many values in our family(religion) that we follow them without any question or without properly understanding them . i found this forum while searching on internet i hope i will get guidance from other members who have experienced the bliss of knowledge to better understand that why we do the things we do ?
    i guess i would be asking a lot of elementary questions as well please be patient with me i just want to understand it more deeply and without any confusion so that i can be a better follower and in turn become a better human.

har har mahadev !!
    Vannakkam parteek. Welcome to HDF. I hope you find this place useful.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Parteek,

Welcome to the forum. Hope your stay here is pleasant and educational.
    From time to time you will get several answers to your questions and some of them may seem contradictory and confusing, but stick with us and eventually you will understand it all.

One more thing; try to use the 'POST REPLY' button to respond to other people's posts rather than using the 'QUOTE' button, as one of older bhaktars (who shall remain nameless) tends to use.

Pranam.

Namaste,

what's wrong with using quote? That's the only button I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste Parteek,

Welcome to the forum. Hope your stay here is pleasant and educational.
    From time to time you will get several answers to your questions and some of them may seem contradictory and confusing, but stick with us and eventually you will understand it all.

One more thing; try to use the 'POST REPLY' button to respond to other people's posts rather than using the 'QUOTE' button, as one of older bhaktars (who shall remain nameless) tends to use.

Pranam.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Welcome here is pleasant and educational.
    From time to time your questions may seem contradictory
    stick with us and eventually you will understand

One more thing; the 'POST REPLY' button to respond to other people's posts one of our older bhaktars too used.

Pranam.
    Vannakkam: Good point. Maybe that older bhaktar will consider it.

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté
    Quote Originally Posted by parteeksharma View Post
    har har mahadev !!
    What I have found is the more you understand sanātana dharma the less you follow. This is one of the highest qualities of the Supreme ( in fact it is considered unsurpassable )... it is called svātantrya from sva-tantra. The following of one's own will , freedom of the will , independence ; āt and ena , " by one's own will , of one's own free choice , voluntarily , freely.

Now at first blush this may look like the ~independence~ that is desired in the West. Not so. It is the independence found when the full-ness of being blossoms in one's own Self.

asmad rupa samāviṣṭaḥ
    svātmanātmanivāraṇe |
    śivaḥ karotu nijayā
    namaḥ śaktyā tatātmane || 1

Let śivaḥ, who is my nature, bow down to his real nature – to Universal śivaḥ – by his own śakti, for the removal of obstacles, which are no other than śivaḥ” translation by svāmī lakmanjū from the 1st verse of śivadṛiṣṭi

iti śiva
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

9. Re: New Folks ... Some Core Ideas for HDF

Hari Om!

I'm new here and to Hinduism. I got attracted to Indian devotional music and poetry. India has one of the deepest and beautiful traditions in the world. I hope to learn more here about dharma.

Om Namah Shivaya!

Vannakkam Littleyogi, and welcome to these forums, I hope your stay here is fruitful.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information