Thread: Ishta Devata

Ishta Devata

Namaste,

I have been trying all day to determine my ishta devata in the Vedic method, but am not 100% sure I did it right. Can anyone confirm?

Birthday - 11/7/1981
    Location - 38 hours, 52 minutes North, 82 hours, 7 minutes West
    Time: 11:13 am (GMT -5, no daylight savings time).

I calculate my Atma Karaka as the moon. Based on this in the Navamsa, the 12th house from the moon is House 12, which does not have a planet (graha). So I pulled a natal chart and shows that the sun has the highest aspect to Pisces (where the moon is located on the Navamsa chart), and so I conclude that Lord Shiva is an appropriate ishta devata.

Does that sound right?

Thank you to anyone that may chime in.

Re: Ishta Devata

Quote Originally Posted by sdevante View Post
    Namaste,

I have been trying all day to determine my ishta devata in the Vedic method, but am not 100% sure I did it right. Can anyone confirm?

Birthday - 11/7/1981
    Location - 38 hours, 52 minutes North, 82 hours, 7 minutes West
    Time: 11:13 am (GMT -5, no daylight savings time).

I calculate my Atma Karaka as the moon. Based on this in the Navamsa, the 12th house from the moon is House 12, which does not have a planet (graha). So I pulled a natal chart and shows that the sun has the highest aspect to Pisces (where the moon is located on the Navamsa chart), and so I conclude that Lord Shiva is an appropriate ishta devata.

Does that sound right?

Thank you to anyone that may chime in.
    Dear friend,

You have a rather unique (and interesting) way of indicating your location of birth! I have heard of, seen, and can understand the reasoning behind expressing the longitudinal coordinate in hrs, min, sec, but have never seen the latitudinal coordinates expressed in hrs, min, sec as well! Why not simply state the name of the birthplace? More straight forward and also allows the astrologer to use the coordinates given in their atlases and/or software. Atlases do vary, one from the other!

Also, since dates get expressed as MM/DD as well as DD/MM, it is a good practice to use numerals for the date, letters for month (Jan, Jun, Jul, etc) and using four digits for the year of the epoch, which is natal in this case.

Attention to the above would enable and perhaps even motivate volunteering astrologers (since this is a free site) to address your query.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Sorry for the confusion. The location is Point Pleasant, WV, USA. Birthday is November 7, 1981. Again, thanks for the help!

Bump?

Why bumping? I thought you had already answered your own question! :-)

Maunam svikrateem lakshanam...?

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Thread Information