Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allah strikes again!

Re: Allah strikes again!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirant01 View Post
    Philosoraptor,

Every man and woman has a soul - and each soul has a 'paramatma' quotient and a 'jeevatma' quotient (from my own understanding).
    Each man and woman is a soul that happens to have a body of man/woman based on its previous karma. Within each soul there dwells the Paramatma.

Wouldn't it be the design of the divine to have a handle at each and every soul that walks on earth which means inherently everyone has a 'god' and it is only that, as Jainarayan said, that god has a different name?
    Well, frankly speaking, no. There really is no reason to assume that God would create a religion to accomodate everyone, as there are plenty of people who want nothing to do with religion, while others want religion for reasons that have nothing to do with liberation (communal acceptance, peer-pressure, to give rationalization for one's darker tendencies, etc).

Really, Aspirant, it's quite a stretch to suggest that because Paramatma dwells in each soul, therefore there must be a religion for each soul to follow and Islam is one such religion.

I am open and agree to some extent to see the viewpoint of kaliyuga but it still does not seem quite right that the divine actually would create souls that is not under its control or a soul that cannot communicate with the creator even with great efforts...
    Well first of all, God does not *create* souls. That concept of creation is of Judeo-Christian origin. In reality, souls are eternal and thus without beginning - hence nityo nityANAm chetanash chetaNANAm (kaThopaniShad). Secondly, a soul's decision to remain in association with matter and nescience is the cause of its inability to communicate with God. If the soul has a sincere desire to know Him, He will know about it and make the appropriate arrangements. But if he choses to remain in ignorance, then he will get a lower birth, such as a birth in a family of people following a false, mleccha religion.

The Islamic god teaches its followers to hate jews, to attack "polytheists" and "idol-worshippers" and to subjugate them in various ways. These are not the teachings of a compassionate, all-embracing Deity, now are they?
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Jainarayan View Post
    False religions, not false gods. Maybe it's the humans who have a warped, twisted and perverted view of God, and written bulldookie into their "scriptures"? Has anyone ever considered that? "Even the devil can quote scripture to his purpose", William Shakespeare.
    This is nothing more than conjecture. We know nothing about the Islamic god beyond what is spoken of in the Islamic scripture. To suggest that the Islamic scripture is perverted by human intervention, and that the Islamic god is in some sense genuine, is to claim access to a body of knowledge about his nature which even his followers don't have.

From my p.o.v. to suggest that the God of Jews, Muslims, Christians, Zoroastrians, Sikhs, the Bahá'í Faith and any other montheistic religion is a God unto itself is to recognize polytheism. After all, don't Hindus protest at being called polytheists?
    Your first problem is that you don't understand what polytheism is - it refers to *one* religion embracing the existence of many deities. Your second problem is that you assume references to "Christian god" or "islamic god" imply that these are real entities. In fact, nothing of the sort is implied. They could be fictitious concepts wrongly attributed to those of a supreme deity. Or they could be real entities who are not the supreme deity but are merely mistaken as such.

And no I am not going to invoke "neo-Vedic" ekam sat, as it's been called,
    The "ekam sat" mantra from the Rig Veda is not "neo-Vedic." Only the incorrectly fashionable interpretation claiming that it implies that Allah and Jehova are also the same Brahman, is.

though I am a staunch monotheist and believe that God is God, no matter what you call Him. It's what you do with Him and His image that is the problem.
    Here is what the Koranic "god" tells his followers to do to non-believers:

[9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

That so-called god who gave such a violent, bloody directive has no business being equated to the supreme Brahman of the Vedas.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Thank you for your views, Philosoraptor. I will give a revision to my beliefs with your clarification. (I do secretly wish I know Quran well as per my understanding so that I can know what is stated there).

Thread Information