Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atmakaraka dosha and remedies

1. Atmakaraka dosha and remedies

Could someone shed some light on Atmakaraka dosha and remedies. For eg. if Venus is AK then 4th and 6th from it are bad? And depending on which planet is in that house, there will be problems connected to that are of life? 4th from my AK - Venus is Moon in Dhanu ( also 4th house an I am kanya lagna) and 6th in 6th bhava is Retro Sani in Aq. Is that a dosha and if so please shed some light on remedies?

Regards,
    RR

Re: Atmakaraka dosha and remedies

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

First lets talk about ātmakāraka overall so other HDF readers can get a 'feel' for the subject at hand.

The ātmakāraka deals with ātmajñāna - knowledge of the Self, soul, ātman or the inner spiritual intent ( adhikārin&#185. It is considered rāj ( king ) of the chart. Yet if the person is not of spiritual intent what then? It shows what is most important ~king~ , and those that are considered most important to the aspirant.

We know the cara-ātmakāraka¹ is the planet with the highest degree in any one rāśi¹. Yet the natural ātmakāraka is the sun (ravi , we also call sūrya). Sarāvalī says it this way:
    The sun is the ātma, moon is manas ( mind) , mars indicates strength, jupiter and venus show knowledge and happiness; one's ego we see from rāhu and saturn is the cause of grief.

All the cara kāraka-s¹ can be collected into 3 maco-groups:

• those that assist, influence, ~ play a role~ in ones overall purpose in life
    • those that assist/influence in realizing one's ambitions/desires/intentions
    • those that are objects of one's desires and intentions
    So there are 8 cara kāraka-s. Why not 9 ? ketu is not a player in this cara kāraka scheme of things.
    Placement of the ātmakāraka in trines and quadrants from lagna lord (ascendant) is conducive to spiritual orientations or moving to a spiritual path ( becoming or bhāva ) in this life. I mention this because this is where most of my interest lies regarding jyotiṣh.

Now in the D1 ( birth chart, we just call Divisional 1 chart for short) , we see where the cara-ātmakāraka and natural ātmakāraka is placed to get a feel for the location of the king or importance in ones life, also one's ego as sun is ruler of the ego. This placement of the cara-ātmakāraka is called the kāraka lagna. We then can see from there
    the influences on this grāha (planet).

Where may the ātmakāraka run into some issues or vighna an obstacle , impediment ? We would need to look to those positions, grāha's, yoga's, etc. that cause bādhaka - oppressing, hindering, opposing, injuring, paining. For this we use the same 'ingredients' of jyotiṣh that one would apply to analyse a chart. But that said, If the view is that of adhyātma or adhyātmika ( spiritual endeavor) then the rules are different in the charts assessment.

If one wishes to learn more about this cara-ātmakāraka, you may wish to spend some time in this jyotish folder and look up the various posts on ātmakāraka . I think you will find some useful information. This one post will lead you to 3 or 4 posts on cara-ātmakāraka http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1404

praām

words
    • rāśi - is a heap, a mass, a pile, a group; in joytiṣ it is the name given to sign, as a collection point.
    • The ātmakāraka is the planet with the highest degree in any one rāśi.
      • Example: guru (jupiter) is at 24º 14' 44" and śukla (venus) is at 24º 14' 40" , then guru is deemed ātmakāraka . We use the complete angle-degree.
    • adhikārin - entitled to , fit for . But for what spiritual pursuit ~ sādhana~
    • cara kāraka : cara =means moving + kāraka is who or what produces or creates . That is, one graha may be the ātmakāraka for one chart and not another. They are moving vs. fixed or sthiti meaning standing , staying , remaining rooted in bhaj , ' to make a stay'.
    • vighna विघ्न an obstacle , impediment , hindrance , opposition , prevention , interruption , any difficulty or trouble
    Last edited by yajvan; 24 July 2010 at 10:37 AM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Dear Sir,
    i have sun as my atmakaraka which is in 6th house in navamsa ie karkamsa now in 12th house from sun atmakaraka, i have saturn ie jivanmuktamsa of capricon on which there is drashti of moon which is again of cancer in 11th house from navmasa,so i want to know who is my ishta devata?

Dear Acharya_mj,

The planet in the 12th house from Athamakaraka in your Navamsa(D9) Chart indicates your Ishta Devata. In case of no plantes then the planet aspecting 12th house indicates your Ishta Devata.

Dear Yajvan Ji,

Whether Rahu can be treated as Athamakaraka. If yes do we need to subtract the longitute of Rahu from 30 degress since it travels in reverse direction. Some books donot include Rahu in the list.

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Thanks
    Krishna

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Dear Yajvan Ji,

Whether Rahu can be treated as Athamakaraka. If yes do we need to subtract the longitute of Rahu from 30 degress since it travels in reverse direction. Some books donot include Rahu in the list.

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Thanks
    Krishna
    Yes, you are correct... since rāhu is always retrograde it starts in a sign at 2929'29'' which is the lowest degree for rāhu;
    we subtact 30 - 2929'29'' = 0000'01''.
    Yes, rāhu can be ātmakāraka , but not ketu. Ketu has no head, and therefore not a candidate.
    All the cara kāraka-s can be collected into 3 maco-groups:

• those that assist, influence, ~ play a role~ in ones overall purpose in life
    • those that assist/influence in realizing one's ambitions/desires/intentions
    • those that are objects of one's desires and intentions
    So there are 8 cara kāraka-s. Why not 9 ? ketu is not a player in this cara kāraka scheme of things.
    Placement of the ātmakāraka in trines and quadrants from lagna lord (ascendent) is conducive to spiritual orientations or moving to a spiritual path ( becoming or bhāva ) in this life. I mention this because this is where most of my interest lies regarding jyotiṣh.

iti śiva

words
    cara kāraka : cara =means moving + kāraka is who or what produces or creates . That is, one graha may be the ātmakāraka for one chart and not another. They are moving vs. fixed or sthiti meaning standing , staying , remaining rooted in bhaj , ' to make a stay'.
    Last edited by yajvan; 19 December 2012 at 01:21 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Dear Yajvan Ji,

Thanks for the clarification. One more question on the similar lines. Does
    Athamakaraka points to one's Kula Devatha(Family Temple/God) or its a different formula.

Thanks
    Krishna

Sorry for posting a question in between replies, but I would be very glad to know if atmakaraka acquires any dosha by associating with debilitated Sun placed in the nakshatra ruled by Rahu?? (Kumba lagna with Sun and Mercury AK placed in Libra the 9th house). If so, any remedies? Thank you.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namast

Dear Yajvan Ji,

Does Athamakaraka points to one's Kula Devatha(Family Temple/God) or its a different formula.
    Let me offer the following for one's consideration and review.

There are different rules that are used... let me offer a few here for you and other HDF readers.

We have talked of identifying the iṣṭa-devatā in a few posts ( this string) and there are others that outline the formulaic approach.
    It can be found in this jyotish folder.

Now let's define the following.
    • kula-devatā
    • grāma-devatā
    • dharma-devatā
    • pālana-devatā
    • guru-devatā
    • grāma-devatā
    kula-devatā
    ... is found based upon the strongest influence on the 2nd house in the D20 or viṃśaṃśa chart. We know kula means a herd , troop , flock , assemblage , multitude , number and also family. So, the family devatā is found in the 2nd ( dealing with family, domestic happiness, truthfulness,etc) and the 20th divisional chart dealing with spiritual matters, religious activities and the like.

grāma-devatā
    ... is the strongest influence on the 4th house in the D20 or viṃśaṃśa chart. We know grāma means village. The 4th house deals with mother, nurturing, farms, happiness and contentment.

dharma-devatā
    ... is the graha forming the strongest influence on the 9th house (in the navaṃśa chart) from the karakaṃśa lagna. As you know the karakaṃśa is that sign that houses the ātmakāraka in the D9 chart.

pālana-devatā
    ... is the graha with the strongest influence on the 6th house from the amatyakāraka in the D9 chart. Just as we said that the ātmakāraka is defined as that graha with the highest degree in a sign, the amatyakāraka has the 2nd highest degree. This is how we identify it.
    What is pālana ? It is the act of guarding , protecting , nourishing , defending. It is that graha that guides that natives actions in providing for the welfare of the family.

guru devatā
    ... is the sign that houses the bharātṛkāraka. We identify this graha as having the 3rd highest degree in a sign.
    Now pending the location in degrees of this graha, and if that sign is movable , fixed or dual, then one of the 3 great (maha) ṛṣi-s i.e. nārada-muni, agastya-muni or durvāsā-muni are indicated.

iti śivaṁ

words
    • D9 chart or navaṃśa = 1/9th divisional chart.
    • aṃśa = partition , fraction; a degree of latitude or longitude
    • kāraka - instrumental in bringing about the action ; that whish does or creates
    Last edited by yajvan; 21 December 2012 at 05:11 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thank alot for the clarification. Does the Planet/God Mapping for the Kula Devatha is the regular mapping or its different. Is there way to identify the temple/location or more details about the Kula Devatha from D20.

Thank you
    Krishna

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namast

you mention,

Does the Planet/God Mapping for the Kula Devatha is the regular mapping or its different
    Can you show me your mapping so I can see it; I then can offer you a POV and what I have been taught.

Is there way to identify the temple/location or more details about the Kula Devatha from D20.
    I am sure there is , but I am not aware of it.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Thread Information