Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mandhi & Gulikan

Re: Mandhi & Gulikan

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste,

All thanks and prayers to my Guru for sharing this knowledge with me.

Dear Krishna TVM here is a little expansion of this subject,

The upagraha exist in manas and are to us, somewhat as the bhāva are to rasi, they in fact link the graha to the rasi via the nakshatra or rasi dispositor. mandhi and gulika are quite different upagraha calculated in very different ways; mandhi being the son of yama and gulika the son of śani.
    Found roughly 180 degrees apart. For the calculation of the saptaupagraha, the day and night are both taken as differentiated into 8 velā of 4 pada each, giving 32 pada in all for a day or a night. This is for the saptaupagraha and is not the case for mandi.
    Imagine an 8 petalled lotus, the point of each petal the middle of each velā, this is where the upagraha are considered to be. The order is set by the lord of the day.

To understand how these two interact we need to understand that there are two sets of upagraha which are different, one for the daytime and another for the night and then need consider good and bad, the effect to children both in and out of wedlock for example, also night born / day born. The chart of conception is also important here, night or day.

saṇjNā - All knowledge - Night
    chāyā - The shadow - Day

Mandi is "give poison", the point from where we sin or create bad karma. gulika is "take poison", the point from where we receive poison, due to past karma or sin.

one 8th of the day, or a velā are used for the calculation of gulika and his fellows, where as 30 ghāṭikā are used for mandi and his fellows excepting that only mandi is used in his case.

In so far as "rules" are concerned, rules are not the best way to approach this topic. That said, One born with gulika on lagna is said to be "janma gukika" may know great suffering and problems to their health.

Kind regards.
    Interesting info, Mana ji. Thanks! I too find that gulika (house, pada, planets) does indicate "problems" and yet, means to perform penance and that would fit with the "receiving of sins". I have not looked much into mandi, partly due to variabilities in opinions re calculation etc. But the "avenues to perform sins", and obviously something to watch out for sounds like an area that is interesting to explore, astrologically. Would appreciate your experiences in deciphering that astrologically in charts you observed. Even summary would be of interest.

Thanks and regards,

Rohiniranjan

Namaste,

You are welcome KrishnaTVM, it is a pleasure to be of assistance, these concepts are basic and vital.

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji, All credit for this information must go to my Guru as I am only a student of this divine knowledge; having recently calculated my own Mandi and the subject, not yet fully expanded by my teacher; I can not compliment further yet. Other than to say that this principle is very close to that of ahorātra, and thus very important.
    I shall verify my calculation for Mandi and then look for some examples; some criminals charts would serve well for this I am sure.
    I imagine that it was Mandi that interested you here, rather than the sapta upahgraha; of whom I have some nice examples of their influence in my own chart, though they are of more common use and perhaps, as such, of less interest.

Gulika, it is said, makes us kneel; that has been my experience.

Kind regards.

Namaste,

You are welcome KrishnaTVM, it is a pleasure to be of assistance, these concepts are basic and vital.

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji, All credit for this information must go to my Guru as I am only a student of this divine knowledge; having recently calculated my own Mandi and the subject, not yet fully expanded by my teacher; I can not compliment further yet. Other than to say that this principle is very close to that of ahorātra, and thus very important.
    I shall verify my calculation for Mandi and then look for some examples; some criminals charts would serve well for this I am sure.
    I imagine that it was Mandi that interested you here, rather than the sapta upahgraha; of whom I have some nice examples of their influence in my own chart, though they are of more common use and perhaps, as such, of less interest.

Gulika, it is said, makes us kneel; that has been my experience.

Kind regards.

Dear Mana ji,

I am interested in anything and everything! :-) Even the other upagrahas, but at the same time I have never been greedy about knowledge in its perfection, because there is no such thing in MAYA-PURI! :-)

But somewhere along the path something I heard did hit home and it connects to your understanding about kneeling (sorry for late response, btw!). I had heard that Gulika, good bad or ugly, listens to one planet alone: Shani dev! And in that I sensed a remedial solution! ;-)

Love, Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan

4. Re: Mandhi & Gulikan

Namaste Rohiniranjan Ji,

Knowledge is entwined with upachaya (growth) and ostensibly rajas in nature (raja yoga), so it is most certainly never perfect; It is more, I think, a question of balance.

The upagraha are most worthy of interest; it is they who connect the graha to the rasi. As an example: I have gulika in a guru ruled nakshatra and guru's mahadasa brought me sani's worst pills as I went seeking guru upadesa; gulika is in my 3rd house.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 01 May 2014 at 01:41 PM.

Sorry to hear about your plight :-(
    Knowledge (or anything) if sought (with or without greed) becomes a rajasic process (the seeking is action!) and that can and does potentially leads to problems. Even when we think we are seeking something benefic or beneficial and goes counter to what saturn is about, at least in my understanding. Certain types of superior and supreme knowledge arrive when the time is ripe and ready. So not knowledge itself but the motivations etc pose or raise problems. The third house is for actions and gulika there can represent or indicate problems. Generally speaking, at least in my little experience (astrological), the house where gulika is placed brings about challenges for which 'saturn-mindset' (TAO) does offer relief. Saturn is about grief but it is also about detachment and sacrifice and giving up action or more correctly, STRIVING, COVETING, etc. It is interesting that you emphasize the dasa of nakshatra dispositor as being the EXPRESSOR of an influence or indication.I too believe in that concept which I believe Krishnamurthy also mentioned (nature of effect) making gulika the indicator of source in the example given!

Now, upagrahas as we know are in one or another way, *rays* of the sun, but some are good, others not so good. Intriguing mystery!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

6. Re: Mandhi & Gulikan

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji,

The world would no longer turn without rajas; it is sattva's task to sustain but not completely stop growth.

Thank you for your kind words, though I don't really see it to be misfortune, simply burning my karma; I have learned more from this experience than i could have in any number of easy life times, and as such I have no regret.
    I would have preferred to have met my teacher then as I believe that he would have understood what I was talking about, whilst my spirit was raised, paradoxically I have gulika placed just here and as such I take it to be my karma to learn about this, in this way ... I have no problem with that in all honesty I am lucky to have escaped. My Guru Ji says that we become toughest in the rāśi where śani is having his most effect; thick skin from the continual beating. I have learned much about music during these periods and I have śani to thank for that ...

In regards to you thoughts on śani as being a bringer of suffering; he is undoubtedly a master of tapas!

I am fascinated to see how mandi works but alas, not yet; mandi is in next years syllabus.

Kind regards.

Dear Rohiniranjan Ji,

The world would no longer turn without rajas; it is sattva's task to sustain but not completely stop growth.

Thank you for your kind words, though I don't really see it to be misfortune, simply burning my karma; I have learned more from this experience than i could have in any number of easy life times, and as such I have no regret.
    I would have preferred to have met my teacher then as I believe that he would have understood what I was talking about, whilst my spirit was raised, paradoxically I have gulika placed just here and as such I take it to be my karma to learn about this, in this way ... I have no problem with that in all honesty I am lucky to have escaped. My Guru Ji says that we become toughest in the rāśi where śani is having his most effect; thick skin from the continual beating. I have learned much about music during these periods and I have śani to thank for that ...

In regards to you thoughts on śani as being a bringer of suffering; he is undoubtedly a master of tapas!

I am fascinated to see how mandi works but alas, not yet; mandi is in next years syllabus.

Kind regards.
    Now you are tuning-in, dear Mana ji! Saturn capsulized in red font (I changed the colour). There is no wasted time as some worldly people think. Or wasted opportunities, or wasted lives -- it is a complex drama that we need to play! Even if we manage to change the original script a bit (free-will), the full plot or curriculum does not change. I just know that for it is deeply engraved in my bones, as the feeling goes. Now some people consider bones as represented by soorya and bone-diseases or destruction by shani, and the marrow by mars but now we are drifting a bit from the present curriculum here :-)

I have decided to park Mandi for the time being. There are strong differences of opinion there. The nine planets and gulika are enough for me and with all the misery surrounding us, I would rather study a few positive and uplifting candidates, such as punya saham or the benefic upagrahas, etc.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

8. Re: Mandhi & Gulikan

Dear Rohiniranjan,

Yes uplifting is most certainly good; if one can only decipher which way is up, to following the head, the heart, or other ... ?
    Can I inquire as to the nature of punya saham; I gather from the Sanskrit that it is some thing good; an event or marker perhaps?

Kind regards.

Pars fortuna as used in Arabic astrology and tropical too I believe and part of what jyotish calls tajik

10. Re: Mandhi & Gulikan

Thank you Rohiniranjan Ji; that is a branch that I am unfamiliar with as yet. Best that I stick with parāśar for now, so as to get a good foundation ...

Thread Information