Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Back!

I'm Back!

Vannakkam everyone,

Just wanted to say that I'm back after being absent for more than a year from HDF. Nothing serious, but suddenly there came a time when I felt like just standing back and observing in order to clear my thoughts and maintain some balance in my views. Everybody needs that sometimes to refreshen ourselves. I also became very busy with classes and studying. But that did not mean that I disappeared completely. I did come to HDF from time to time, reading whatever which caught my interest.

In the past one year my knowledge on Hinduism has definitely increased a little more as I read and research extensively on Hindu-related subjects whenever I have the time.

Something that makes me extremely happy is that I've also had the chance to travel across the Indian subcontinent. Though not extensively, I managed to travel to 3 countries in the subcontinent. The numerous temples I've visited and prayed at, as well as experiencing the various forms of Hindu culture in these places, have made me grateful to be a Hindu and has increased my knowledge of Hindu religion and rituals practised by Hindus in different parts of the subcontinent. Experiencing life as well as festivities there first-hand, the very place Hinduism originated from, is something every Hindu living in other parts of the world should experience. I've really no words to describe how happy and grateful I am to have had that chance.

The temples I've visited include 2 Shakti Peethams in 2 different countries, as well as many other old and famous temples, and also a handful of smaller, almost unknown temples.

I'm glad to be back and will contribute if I can and ask questions whenever necessary. Can't wait to share my experiences with all of you. I've really missed all HDF members a lot.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Re: I'm Back!

Namaste Ji,

Welcome back to HDF.
    I am a new member.

The temples I've visited include 2 Shakti Peethams in 2 different countries

Most Shakti peetas are in India,so is the other one you visited Sri Shankari Devi in Sri Lanka?

Please do share your travel experiences.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Hello Equinox,

Welcome back! I still remember some of the nice conversations we've had - including the 'Hinduism - Alternative forms of worship' thread. I used to wonder from time to time where you've been, you seemed to a member that suddenly disappeared like many others. Hope you have a wonderful stay this time around and do not leave .

Warmly,

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Vannakkam,

Ram : Thank you and yes, it is. Welcome to HDF and hope you have a great time here!

Viraja: Nice to hear from you. Yes, I'm here to stay. I never planned to disappear anyway, just had to 're-balance' myself, and also got caught up with mandatory worldly activities like studies and stuff.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste,
    Welcome back! I wondered too where you had disappeared to.
    satay

Vannakkam,

Thank you Satay!

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste and Welcome Back! Wonderful, and I hope to hear more of your travels. I am very glad that you were visiting temples, I love temples and by chance did you take any photos to share?

Om Namah Sivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    Vannakkam everyone,

I'm glad to be back and will contribute if I can and ask questions whenever necessary.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Vannakkam: For one, I'd love to hear more of your travel adventures.

Aum Namasivaya

Vannakkam,

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Namaste and Welcome Back! Wonderful, and I hope to hear more of your travels. I am very glad that you were visiting temples, I love temples and by chance did you take any photos to share?

Om Namah Sivaya
    Thank you ShivaFan. Yes I did.

Eastern Mind: Yes I will share soon, but I'm not sure where to begin as they are too many and all over the place.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Welcome back...
    Anirudh...

Thread Information