Thread: Where should one start?

Where should one start?

Hari Bol!
    All glories to Guru and Gauranga!

My question is, where should i start my reading of the holy scriptures from a vaishnavas perspective, i know i should start with the Bhagvad Gita, then to Srimad Bhagavatam and from there Caitanya Caritmrta?, but after that where should i go to?

Thank you,

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam
    "Hare Krisha Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare" ¬ The Glorious Mahamantra. Chant this 108 times a day and keep Samsara away

Re: Where should one start?

Quote Originally Posted by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya View Post
    Hari Bol!
    All glories to Guru and Gauranga!

My question is, where should i start my reading of the holy scriptures from a vaishnavas perspective, i know i should start with the Bhagvad Gita, then to Srimad Bhagavatam and from there Caitanya Caritmrta?, but after that where should i go to?

Thank you,

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam
    Namaste

I remember you mentioned in your first post when you become a member of the forum that you are a Gaudiya vaishnava (Iskcon). If you want to learn about this faith then read Srila Prabhupada's (A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami) books. You should read all his books, even those small ones such as Perfect Questions Perfect Answers, Life Comes from Life, Science of Self Realization, Easy Journey to Other Planets, Rāja-Vidyā: The King of Knowledge, Path of Perfection, The Perfection of Yoga, Kṛṣṇa Consciousness The Topmost Yoga System, and especially KṚṢṆA, The Supreme Personality of Godhead,
    then advanced reading would be Bhagavad-gītā As It Is, Śrī Īśopaniṣad, Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, Teachings of Lord Caitanya and Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta, but his other books also.
    There are also many books written by Srila Prabhupada's disciples. You can read some of these also.
    After that, when you become older and well-read, you can read Gosvami's books such as Laghu Bhagavatamrita by Rupa Gosvami, Brihad Bhagavatamrita by Sanatana Gosvami, Sandarbhas by Jiva Gosvami, books by Baladeva Vidyabhushana, Visvanatha Chakravarti Thakura and other Gaudiya vaishnava authors.
    Go slowly, do not rush off.

regards

Thread Information