Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: War in the Bhagavad Gita

Re: War in the Bhagavad Gita

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Believer-ji,

I don't think we should talk about Abrahamic personas on HDF. I really do believe there is a secret proselytizing going on perhaps. And, to have read that a moderator used an Abrahamic example to explain a Brahmanic/Aryanic concept is uncalled for. I don't know who to trust anymore. Is this site safe from proselytizers? I don't want Hinduism to conform anymore than it already is. Furthermore, Satay-ji said that we shouldn't speak about non-Hindu things on HDF. Maybe a moderator or two can also abide by Satay-ji's request and understand the sentiment of Indian born Hindus that we do not want any such incorporation of Abrahamic personas or concepts within Hinduism. Isn't it insulting to our Gods to involve those personas and concepts?

Paijavana
    A spiritual war is going on, and lies and deceit are a constant part of this. Let us be vigilant. Hindu's worship Deva's not foreign Asura's like Jesus. Even the word Veda's is directly related to the word Deva's. Deva's protect Dharm, Asura's impose their own order. Abramistic religions remain Asura religions.

Asura tactics are trying to invite Hindu's to worship Asura's like Jesus and stop worshipping their Deva's as that is where Hindu's derive their strength from. All this talk about monotheism and universalism is meant to lead Hindu's away from the Deva's.

Quote Originally Posted by Avyaydya View Post
    A spiritual war is going on, and lies and deceit are a constant part of this. Let us be vigilant. Hindu's worship Deva's not foreign Asura's like Jesus. Even the word Veda's is directly related to the word Deva's. Deva's protect Dharm, Asura's impose their own order. Abramistic religions remain Asura religions.

Asura tactics are trying to invite Hindu's to worship Asura's like Jesus and stop worshipping their Deva's as that is where Hindu's derive their strength from. All this talk about monotheism and universalism is meant to lead Hindu's away from the Deva's.
    Excellent post!!!
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 08:17 PM.

Namasthe,

I happened to listen to a discourse on the Gita by Swami Nirmalananda Giri Maharaj (Kerala) on an internet site. Swamiji's take on the Bhagavad Gita seems radical. He is of the opinion that if we treat the Gita as a separate text from the Mahabharatha, it will be difficult for us to understand what it really
    says. Further, Swamiji says that Krishna was not preaching Arjuna to fight and to kill. That is why I thought it wise to make this post in this thread. I will try to put forth the arguments of Swamiji.

Swamiji begins by saying that there is a common perception among laymen and even among some commentators, that the Mahabharatha war (as narrated by Sanjaya) was a live telecast. This is not the case - the 13th chapter of the Bhishma Parva clearly mentions that Sanjaya was present in the battlefield and returned to Dritharastra at the fall of Bhishma to break that sad news. This is very significant, Swamiji feels.

It is quite possible that views similar to that of Swamiji have been echoed by many others. Swamiji interprets the first sloka thus:

[Note: I am putting into words what I heard. I am not adept in Sanskrit]

Sloka-

Dharmakshetre kurukshetre samavetaa yuyutsavah;
    Maamakaah paandavaashchaiva kimakurvata sanjaya.

Interpretation

dharmakshetre samavetha: kurukshetre yuyutsavaha:
    mamaka: pandava: chaiva kim akurvata

dharmakshetre samavetha: mamaka: kim akurvata
    dharmakshetre samavetha: pandava: cha evam kim akurvata

kurukshetre yuyutsava: mamaka: kim akurvata
    kurukshetre yuyutsava: pandava: cha eva kim akurvata

(O Sanjaya)
    My people (Kauravas) (who are together) in the 'dharmakshetra', what did they do?

Pandavas (who are together) in the dharmakshetra, what did they do?

My people fighting in the Kurukshetra, what did they do?

Pandavas fighting in the Kurukshetra, what did they do?

Swamiji then goes on to distinguish between one's 'karmabhoomi'and 'dharmabhoomi'.

Om

Namaste

I see some of us falling into the trap of other religions - being intolerant.

This intolerance is bringing out the negative vives in us and thus we are insulting great personas.

Hinduism is not an exclusivist philosophy and nothing is outside it. We fight for culture and not the philosophy.

Even the christians and muslims of India have tough times adapting to christian countries or muslim countries though their religion might be same. So it is the culture we abhor and not the religion. It is the influx of foreign culture we fear - thus become so protective.

Though we should protect our culture on one side, we should also be open to good practices of others. Otherwise we will get stuck to whatever is reducndant, legacy or wrong practices. Nether we should be blind nor totally weak.

We need to provide space for reformers and also protect from Chengiz Khans.

Ultimately we are here for a purpose - Satsang. To elevate our minds towards faster movement in our spiritual journey. However in that process we are developing grudges and bad intentions in our mind, they do not help us move forward but it pulls us back. So we need to keep our vision in focus lest we deviate and lose the purpose
    Love and best wishes:hug:

Thread Information