Thread: Karma - Little complicated.

Karma - Little complicated.

Namaste,

Here is nice story about the Karma.

http://devdutt.com/the-legacy-lake-2/

The King never intended to build that lake, the lake was created by cows but credit goes to the King. So this is so much far reaching effects of our karma. ( someone posted this story on FB).

I remember a little that, Yajavanji has posted one story about a boy playing ball and ball goes out and rolled and at the end killed some one( I guess). So these both are the example that we will have to pay or earn for karma done consciously as well as unconsciously / unknowingly.

It becomes too much complicated to think about all these far reaching effects of karma, rather do every Karma with good intentions and do not think about the result.

Sometimes I think that GOD is trying to trick us. Yeah, of course He is trying to trick us but that is called in spiritual language MAYA. If we are spiritual people then we most of the time do good karmas only and offer all karma to Shree Krushna. We are not able, and we will never able to find network of this MAYA, rather we can pray and surrender to Him for our Karma. Keep our sense in little control and offer every karma at the Holy Feel of Vasudev Shree Krushna.

Above is my opinion only but other devotees may have different opinion.
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Re: Karma - Little complicated.

namaste AmIHindu.

Thank you for the link. This passage in the story is telling:

"Indradyumna was pleased to hear what the tortoise had to say. So were the gods who welcomed him back. As Indradyumna rose to heaven, the irony did not escape him: he was remembered on earth for a lake that was unconsciously created, and not for the cows that were consciously given. He benefited not from things he did, but from the impact of things he did."

It seems that any good karma we earn by conscious good deeds is tinged with our mamatA--pride/egotism/self-interest, however minute the trace is. The impact of our deeds and any good karma they might create unconscious to us, is free from this trace of ego, and thus benefits us more.

This might also apply to bad karma. For example, if we consciously kill an ant, the bad karma acquired would be much more than any bad karma that might attach if we unconsciously kill an ant when we happen to tread on it without knowing about what we did then or later.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

This is one of the reasons why I think we should not think too much about karma and all the mechanisms which get intertwined with it. The fact is, Krsna's mercy is, here and now, and so long as we trust Him, he will deliver us. To be assured of this fact is to destroy all karmas.

Of course, we still generate karmas. But, I think the less stock we invest into the system, the less hold, the less of a grip it will or ever can have on us. As Sai says, much of it is pride. All our conscious acts of virtue are mixed with the feelings of "better than." It is much better to practice humility and give up pretensions to virtue, abiding in God all the time to the best of one's ability, rather than constantly amass "good deeds" in a legalisitic fashion.
    How can I put this in a sentence? Try next time.

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    namaste AmIHindu.

It seems that any good karma we earn by conscious good deeds is tinged with our mamatA--pride/egotism/self-interest, however minute the trace is. The impact of our deeds and any good karma they might create unconscious to us, is free from this trace of ego, and thus benefits us more.
    Namaste,

Thanks for reply and sorry for late reply, trying to figure out how can separate each karmas.

It is good, that unconscious karma are done without our consciousness, so those are done without ego, I.

Even Nishkam karma is easy( not as easy) to do as we do not expect anything from our karma, but Karma done consciously ( I ) is very much difficult. How can I become unconscious about that thing that I have done !!! So it is very much difficult to take " I " out of the karma done in front of our eyes. But may be in the ancient age, people used to do consciously karmas without involving ego, "I".

Am I correct that in BG, even Bhagwan says it is difficult to watch Karma too closely, better follow Dharma and offer all karma to Me ?
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

My understanding of karma has always been intertwined with the essence of cause and effect more or less correlating with good and bad in a way. Sometimes we may be paying for sins in a past life, sometimes in the future, it may be impossible to tell sometimes. However, meditating on the gita once or twice a day, chanting, trying to become one with god again so we can cast away the misfortune of the material world may give us some insight to the wrongdoings we are inherently responsible for.
    सबके मुक्ति के मार्ग मिल सकता है
    तुम सिर्फ यह देखने के लिए है

Thread Information