Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rationalist organizations like Nirmukta

Rationalist organizations like Nirmukta

What do you think about the emergence of many rationalist organizations like Nirmukta whose sole ambition is to wipe out Hinduism

This is their website : www.nirmukta.com/

They go on about "debunking" "Godmen","Babas" and "Gurus".They try to expose these people by demonstrating that these "supernatural" acts arent actually supernatural but a trickery so that people dont fall victims

At this point I would say that its a good thing in making people aware but they go one step ahead by equating yoga,meditation and ayurveda with "pseudoscience".They also say the same thing about the scriptures without actually having prior knowledge about them

Once there was a TV debate between a yoga organization called Dhyan Foundation and Nirmukta
    It was between Yogi Ashwini and two doctors who were supposed to be "rationalists"
    They got owned by Ashwini!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sG1l5uNpeA

From the way they talk it doesnt look like they're rationalists, they seem to be pseudo rationalists who wants to embrace foreigners and demean Indian culture in the name of "rationalism".I guess Nirmukta is just one of those pseudo-rationalists

Re: Rationalist organizations like Nirmukta

Very shortsighted but within their narrow POV (which is the repressive ties of low level religion) they are right.

What I'd like is the promotion of the expansive and intelligent philosophy behind the Vedantic and Tantric lines of Hinduism. The funny thing is that usually the west deem the east as mystic but the more you delve into understanding eastern philosophical lines the more you see that what is deemed mystical is merely logical once you reached certain levels of realization. It's a spiritual life guided by logic, not a linear logic made purely out of external observations, but internal ones.

Of course they are going to get owned by any sincere practitioner of bonafide (not new-agey gibberish) Hindu line, Hinduism is truth, it's real... And satyameva jayate.

When I saw an article by mira nanda about the connection between the norwegian mass murder and Hindu right wing glittering in the front page, I knew I was entering a virtual asylum. Most of these people are demented and mentally damaged beyond any repair - irony that they think they are torch bearers of "rationalism". Their obsession is not very different from the Norwegian killer and mentally I think they are similarly violent and seem to relish every oppertunity to destroy hinduism by whatever lies and means possible.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The Occult View Post
    They got owned by Ashwini!!!
    Please The Occult, don't take offence but I shall use your turn of phrase as a fine example of the effect of materialism on our language in the West.

It is now a common phrase steaming from the ego centred media culture.

To own somebody due to the outcome of an intellectual interaction, we also hear this in relation to music or a performance. Own the song, make it yours. It is no longer about sharing something.

All reflections of our current culture, its not pretty.

This depicts clearly our language reflecting our ego based possessive material nature. The general mind set in the West stemming from materialism. Greatly lacking humility.

This has been greatly agitated by the tv and media.

Maybe India should think hard and look at her self, as media becomes a influential part of her Dharma.

Are people doing this for a belief in Rationalism or purely because it makes good tv and thus money?

Pranam

Mana

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Please The Occult, don't take offence but I shall use your turn of phrase as a fine example of the effect of materialism on our language in the West.

It is now a common phrase steaming from the ego centred media culture.

To own somebody due to the outcome of an intellectual interaction, we also hear this in relation to music or a performance. Own the song, make it yours. It is no longer about sharing something.

All reflections of our current culture, its not pretty.

This depicts clearly our language reflecting our ego based possessive material nature. The general mind set in the West stemming from materialism. Greatly lacking humility.

This has been greatly agitated by the tv and media.

Maybe India should think hard and look at her self, as media becomes a influential part of her Dharma.

Are people doing this for a belief in Rationalism or purely because it makes good tv and thus money?
    Probably,yeah, the effect of materialism has also showed upon me on the language that I use

We own nothing!!!...not even our thoughts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
    When I saw an article by mira nanda about the connection between the norwegian mass murder and Hindu right wing glittering in the front page, I knew I was entering a virtual asylum. Most of these people are demented and mentally damaged beyond any repair - irony that they think they are torch bearers of "rationalism". Their obsession is not very different from the Norwegian killer and mentally I think they are similarly violent and seem to relish every oppertunity to destroy hinduism by whatever lies and means possible.
    Vannakkam sm78: People just draw the most illogical conclusions sometimes. All we can do is roll our eyes. The Sri Lankan government blamed the 'Tamil Tigers' (Tamil refugees in Norway) for training the terrorists of Norway. But when you have a hardened heart, and a preconditioned agenda, maybe its easy. Hinduism softens hearts, so its much harder to be so narrow with a soft heart.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam sm78: People just draw the most illogical conclusions sometimes. All we can do is roll our eyes. The Sri Lankan government blamed the 'Tamil Tigers' (Tamil refugees in Norway) for training the terrorists of Norway. But when you have a hardened heart, and a preconditioned agenda, maybe its easy. Hinduism softens hearts, so its much harder to be so narrow with a soft heart.

Aum Namasivaya
    Yes, I have figured out for sometime now that an agenda makes one intellectually and emotionally blind and the world becomes black and white. It can destroy the humanity in a human being without realizing it. And It applies equally to the agenda of violence as to the agenda of pacifism.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Post Re: Rationalist organizations like Nirmukta

Just so you know, you can debate with nirmukta organisation.
    here
    About ashwini , here is the complete story
    And here is something of the sort that happens when psychics do accept such challenges(the honest ones,the conmen usually know what they are getting into and thus avoid).

These "rationalist organizations" are usually a front for missionary groups.
    The following article outlines their view on Sanathana Dharma:

Hinduism Through an Objective Lens:

Imagine if Christianity had not spread to ancient Greece, and if all the Gods of the ancient Grecian myths were lumped into one (fictional) religion, Mythos, because the rest of Europe considered the beliefs of the Greeks too different from their own religion of Christianity. Now imagine if sometime in the 18th century, the Grecians took all the great philosophy from Parmenides to Pyrrho to Plato and incorporated all of it within the Mythos religion (despite the fact that these philosophers would have probably abhorred being associated with the superstitious beliefs of their time).

Quote Originally Posted by TTCUSM View Post
    These "rationalist organizations" are usually a front for missionary groups.
    The following article outlines their view on Sanathana Dharma:
    I have debated them and they use typical secularist tactics. They decide what is logically consistent and what is not. They don't post all of their comments, especially ones that will challenge their point. So don't bother debating with them - you will just be wasting time like I did. Ultimately, when you get down to the bottom of it, you will realize that they are promoting their views not so much to criticize irrationalism and superstition (several Indian associations are already doing that). Their goal is to wipe out hindu shastra and the religion itself. They quote ambedkar and the caste system as their reasons. Their views are centered around the notion that Hindus did not oppose caste system strongly enough - not that CS was mentioned in shastra. However, be careful. They seem to want a government regulation of spirituality and religion. This is already in place, but they want a state atheist/anti-religion country. Note how many temples are stripped of their donations or can't manage themselves without government intervention. This is anti-secular since secular means things not pertaining to religion or spirituality. Since this is moderation of religion, it does imply that India follows an anti-secular and anti-religious (anti-Hindu mostly) as opposed to non-religious legislation.

You can't argue with them saying that most Hindus don't care for varna dharma and just follow the religion for personal gratification/spirituality. They will then throw the 'Oh. Then you follow modern ethics, why not adopt secular humanism instead?' garbage and go on to ask 'why follow Hinduism then?' and then you keep going around in circles.

What a bunch of trolls.

Thread Information