Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shirdi Sai Baba

Shirdi Sai Baba

Pranams

Today is the appearance of Sri Dattatreya and Shirdi Sai Baba is considered by some as one of the 5 avatars or incarnation of Sri Dattatreya.

Ys

Md
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 06 December 2014 at 09:09 AM.

Re: Shirdi Sai Baba

Namaste,

Many battles have been fought in the forum in the past over the Sai Baba and many other Babas. Do you really want to rekindle the flame instead of looking through the past threads to satiate your curiosity? Why not just quietly worship him if you so desire and be done with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar Das
    When the Indian government calls Rama Setu as Adam's bridge and drills a hole in it.

You are all silent.

When excavations of Dwarka is found as evidence of Shri Krishna really having existed, but the Indian government covers it all up.

You are all still silent.

When Bollywood makes a mockery out of Hinduism and Hindu culture.

You pay them money and support them.

When frauds run amuk by taking advantage of the deprived and deranged you are silent.

When someone questions that, then only you raise your voice.

Rather than having the guts by entering into debate with Muslims, Xtians, Atheists and proving that what you believe in indeed is right, you keep silent but oppose to those who question false preachers who create cults for themselves by rambling about useless nonsense and performing bogus magic tricks.

Is this what you consider to be Hinduism? Are you even sure of what you believe in?

I think I made a mistake by creating this thread.

How long do you think Hinduism will last this way?

Today 15% of Indians are Muslim. Islam has literally impregnated over a millennia of Indian history.

Has anyone ever defeated it? People today are questioning religion. I've seen many youths giving up their religion because they think its illogical and senseless.

People who cant stand up for what they believe in are weak.

Hinduism is dying while Islam is rising.

In Tamil Nadu the Brahmins are being persecuted by the atheists. In Kashmir and Bengal by Muslims. Humiliated in Punjab by Sikhs.

If you cant come together and worship the same deity as one, but divide yourselves up based upon ritual and sectarian difference consider yourselves good as dead.

How can you operate if you cannot cooperate?

India isnt going to be the same. We see atheism rising in the West. Soon when India modernizes and develops, the newer generation will become more skeptical, it already is.

And we are already seeing how many Khans are slaughtering away Hinduism in Bollywood.

And you are getting mad at me for calling out frauds who have got nothing good to offer to Hinduism.
    Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 06 December 2014 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Many battles have been fought in the forum in the past over the Sai Baba and many other Babas. Do you really want to rekindle the flame instead of looking through the past threads to satiate your curiosity? Why not just quietly worship him if you so desire and be done with it!

Pranam.
    Namaste Ji,

Good advice.
    Fortunately, he is spared from reading those bitter posts as they were deleted from the forum.

Namaste Markandeya Dasaji,

Thanks for telling us about Sri Dattatreya Jayanthi,it would be nice if you share can share with us some important teachings of or stories about Lord Dattatreya.We hope to gain some Dharmic knowledge on this holy occasion.
    Last edited by Ram11; 06 December 2014 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Sri Datta Jayanti suggestion

Pranams

Thank you for the advice believer and Ram11 yes you are right, I did not see any posts that was against Shirdi Sai Baba or else I would never have posted something that may lead that way. Mostly on this forum I see well balanced views and sharing from a diverse source more in harmony that argumentation, so I thought bringing this up may bring that same spirit and broadminded view to increase my own understanding for a more balanced view.

On this matter I will take the advice to do my own study in silence, as of now I see no difference between Him and the true spirit of Avadhuta, it just seems that the sadhu words are never really truly heard in the market place because of identification and bias, another sad symptom of Kali Yuga. I was quite shocked to hear this news today, it has been a long time since I was in India but when I was there I always remember how Shirdi Sai Baba was revered all over India.

Ys

Md

Pranams Ram11,

I first heard Avadhuta Gita around 8 months ago, it took me a while to get used to it but recently I have been listening to the audio most mornings as part of my sadhana, its rich profound and at times exactly what I have been looking for.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-qvAn3Lp1g

I recently visited one friend of mine and he gave me as a gift a small Murti of Shirdi Sai Baba, and I was pleasantly surprised that he is considered an incarnation of Shri Dattatreya, and that brought me to the topic that I first posted, and felt a bit of slump that such a great Sadhu is now caught up in politics and controversy.

I read this recently and was inspired in the same way that I was inspired by the Buddhist saint Milarepa Muni ( which is my avatar picture), its the vision that inspires me which is constant and natural, spontaneous and beyond a teaching

.http://www.swamij.com/twenty-four-gurus.htm

I am still new to this study, and I came across this teacher and was attracted to this mantra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX384sDqsMc

I am hoping to go to India early next year by the Lords Grace and would like to study more about this practice but I am a little reserved to go to close to any institutes at this time, and I would also very much appreciate any knowledge and sharing connected to this teaching and more information on
    Shri Dattatreya. I like diversity and the teachings which manifest differently from all traditions, but the principle of Sri Avadhuta inspires me as a conclusion in many respects as it denotes no sectarian traits. I am still a neophyte so please forgive any errors in my presentation.

I found this as perhaps a good link for further research

http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/n...03/page25.html

Ys

Md

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    ........it just seems that the sadhu words are never really truly heard in the market place because of identification and bias, another sad symptom of Kali Yuga.
    Under Canteen there is a section for Universalism, which could be used by people who don't like "identification" of sadhus/godmen/babas of non-Hindu or unknown origins. After all this is a Hindu forum and if identification with Hinduism gives somebody great pain, (s)he is free to go somewhere where it feels more peaceful/serene.

And this constant mention of Kali Yuga gets my goat. You are alive in the present; make the best of it regardless of whatever "identification and bias" is given to this yuga. Anyone unhappy with being alive in the Kali Yuga should quietly do the "Hara Kiri" so that we don't have to hear complaints associated with this "Kali Yuga". Things are heard from some self styled "sadhus" and regurgitated to sound spiritual/smart. There is nothing wrong with the current yuga if you are up to making use of your life for spiritual upliftment; else every yuga will have something wrong for you.

Pranam.

PS, Dasaji, these comments are on your thinking and have nothing to do with you as a person. Please be aware of it and keep the self and thoughts emanating from the self separate. Thanks.
    -

Pranams

I have no idea what you are going on about Believer Ji

Ys

Md

PS Your thinking on my thoughts is filtered Kind Regards
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 06 December 2014 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    Namaste Markandeya Dasaji,

Thanks for this good link from Srimad Bhagavata Maha Purana.

One small advice,we don't decide who is an avatar of whom by ourselves or just because millions of people have a particular belief.But based on accepted scriptures we know things for sure,for ex.Sri Rama is an avatar of Lord Vishnu based on the Puranas by Maharshi Vyasa and Sri Valmiki's Ramayana and
    similarly Sri Krishna too is an avatar because Sri Mahabharata and the puranas declare this.You should not rely on hearsay to decide some XXX character is an avatar of Sri Dattatreya instead you check if that is said so by the accepted Dharmic scriptures such as the Vedas,Upanishads,Itihasas,Puranas and Agama tantras.If not,then such hearsay is blatant rubbish.

Pranams Ram11

Your right, I do not really take things on board straight away, as I said I am new to this area of study so it is a work in progress and further clarification is always helpful.

In fact internet searches are quite frustrating due to so much information, so far I like the link to 24 gurus and Avadhuta Gita, anything else is just a study.

If you have any other source that maybe valid then please share. As a side note because I want to make it clear, that just because parts of Avadhuta Gita which is non sectarian in many ways does not mean that I am dismissing the wider range of diverse teachings in Hinduism, for me that would be to limit something based on a subjective bias, God is everywhere and within all things and the study of Hinduism in all its diversity is certainly the most broadest study of that diversity in which God manifest, how can I as an individual limit that.

Ys

Md

Thread Information