Thread: Politicization of Uttarakhand calamity

Politicization of Uttarakhand calamity

It really pains me in my heart to see the Uttarakhand calamity being politicized so much by our so-called leaders.
    Thousands of innocent souls lost their lives, and to think of it, each one of them was a dedicated and devout seeker of God.
    First the so-called leaders drilled the land of God to earn more notes, and now when nature has taken revenge, resulting in deaths of thousands of our people, they are playing politics.
    1.) The relief materials collected for the victims waits for 3 days till Rahul gandhi may complete his visit and "flag-off" the "event"
    2.)Manish tewari-"Narendra Modi wants to be a Rambo by milking the events of Uttarakhand"
    3.)UK government-"We wont accept any relief material. We will accept only cash"
    4.)Digvijaya Singh takes a dig at Narendra Modi's Uttarakhand visit, says VIPs should allow the administration to do their job. He then hails Rahul Gandhi for visiting the place and smiling at the victims.

What did we do to deserve people like these making policies for us? Couldnt politics have waited for the crisis to get over? Couldnt they have allowed any show of hand to come up and help them?

Re: Politicization of Uttarakhand calamity

Democracy is failing. India has been ruled by Islamic invaders and British colonisers for centuries and after independence they have been guilted into accepting the rules of mleccha shAshana. Indians keep voting for corrupt parties and Hindu politicians become sickular as soon as they can find some muslim support. In any other self respecting country people would have started a civil war to overthrow the government. But the British and Gandhian non-violence have thought Indians well to walk with their tail between the legs. Maybe they can draw some cartoons and laugh about it on facebook.

Namaste.

It's terrible what has happened/been happening in India with the floods and landslides. My prayers are for them.

Politicians will use anything for political gain these days with absolutely no regard for ethics, morals or personal respect.

It is symptomatic of society in general where money and power are worshipped as gods - the lives of people are worth nothing any more. People have either become exploitable commodities to make the wealthy even more wealthy, or they are just totally ignored.

I was watching a documentary last night called 'Fashion Victims' about the textile industry in Bangladesh. About the Rana Plaza building collapse and how shops in Australia and America are importing cheap clothing made by slaves.

Yes, slaves!!!

The conditions these workers have to endure is atrocious. Before the building collapse, a lot of workers told their employers it was unsafe to continue, and held rallies, but they were beaten up and told they would be killed if they didn't go back into the building - so they were dead no matter which way they went.

They work for like $7 USD a week so we can afford to have a pair of blue jeans for $10.

They are also locked inside these 'sweat shops' with bars on the windows and fires are not uncommon...they get trapped and roasted alive. There are over 40,000 factory related deaths in Bangladesh each year.

I was thinking about boycotting buying clothes from K-Mart, Target, Rivers, Mango and all of the major supply chains, but if everybody did that, all of the Bangladesh clothing workers wouldn't have a job and die of starvation anyway. There is no answer to this.

Politicians do not care. They never have.

Of course they don't want anybody to donate necessary items like blankets, food, building materials, sandbags, agricultural implements etc because they have absolutely no resale value.

Of course they want people to donate money....they will only accept cash, because like I said before, money is god for them. None of it will go to the people who need it...it will go into the government coffers.

They will sit there and laugh at their constituents for being so naive to think they are actually helping those poor people. Like I said before, ethics and morality left this planet in the 1980's...only a few remember.

Sometimes, I wish I could just die so I don't have to see this happening in front of my eyes.

This world is one I don't wish to be a part of any more because it's so corrupt and full of people who are no better than animals (animals are better).

I have no faith in the future of mankind - none whatsoever.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Last edited by Necromancer; 25 June 2013 at 05:55 AM.

That's horrible story about the Thailand slave workers, Necromancer! Recently I watched an English movie - I forgot the name - the Chinese female superstar Zhou Xun had acted in that movie - it is about slave workers in China who are all made to wake up very early in the morning and work throughout the day everyday without any sick days even.. one of them tries to escape and is shot down without any mercy... was so hard to watch it! Its a pity no government is able to help such slave workers mostly in SouthEast Asian countries in this 2013!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste.

It is indeed very horrible!

Here is the story and viewer discretion is advised. I was crying by the end of it:

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stori...25/3785918.htm

It has nothing to do with the topic, except for going to show how the poorest of people are expendable due to greed, power and profit.

Also, Bangladesh isn't part of Thailand. It's a country bordered by India and Burma. I'm sorry for the geography lesson.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Sapan,

The same thing as you describe happened during 2004 Tsunami that hit Indonesia, Tamil Nadu.. So many relief supplies and money were sent along from various parts of the globe down to the affected places... there was plenty so each soul that suffered/lost a loved one would have been helped. But then after a little bit, some people interviewed the affected people and all of them said they had not received any relief supply or any money... at all.. with so many millions of dollars/rupees collected... where did they end up with? No one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Sapan,

The same thing as you describe happened during 2004 Tsunami that hit Indonesia, Tamil Nadu.. So many relief supplies and money were sent along from various parts of the globe down to the affected places... there was plenty so each soul that suffered/lost a loved one would have been helped. But then after a little bit, some people interviewed the affected people and all of them said they had not received any relief supply or any money... at all.. with so many millions of dollars/rupees collected... where did they end up with? No one knows.
    Namaste.

Yes, I read about that too and it is indeed very bad and unfortunate.

It also has the knock-on effect by sending a message to those generous people who would donate money; 'why bother'?

It's just selfishness breeding more selfishness.

Also, in this climate of economic depression, people think 'why send money to overpopulated countries overseas when we must take care of our own first - it's their problem for having so many babies'.

I look at my situation. I am poor too, but at least I have a roof overhead, sanitary conditions, medical care and three square meals a day. It sure puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

No matter how bad things get for me, about 1/4 of the world's population are worse off.

I learned about this many years ago when I sponsored a poor child from Africa through World Vision.

I corresponded with the child's family directly and they told me that neither the child nor their village saw any of that money ($30/month).

I sent them $100 directly, then took my name off the sponsor list.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Namaste.

Yes, I read about that too and it is indeed very bad and unfortunate.

It also has the knock-on effect by sending a message to those generous people who would donate money; 'why bother'?

It's just selfishness breeding more selfishness.

Also, in this climate of economic depression, people think 'why send money to overpopulated countries overseas when we must take care of our own first - it's their problem for having so many babies'.

I look at my situation. I am poor too, but at least I have a roof overhead, sanitary conditions, medical care and three square meals a day. It sure puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

No matter how bad things get for me, about 1/4 of the world's population are worse off.

I learned about this many years ago when I sponsored a poor child from Africa through World Vision.

I corresponded with the child's family directly and they told me that neither the child nor their village saw any of that money ($30/month).

I sent them $100 directly, then took my name off the sponsor list.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    In America, I think they are doing a good job. After recent Boston Marathon Bombings, the OneFundBoston trust collected nearly 37 million, I hope (and believe) that they properly distribute it to the affected parties..

Unhappy Re: Politicization of Uttarakhand calamity

Namaste all,

Remind me not to read threads like these.

Yeah, I know I can't bury my head in the sand forever. I know I need to face these atrocities sometime.

But...that time is not anytime soon, I'm afraid. I look at threads like these and...well, in other threads, you know how I get.

I mean, honestly, what am I supposed to do?!? I can't face stuff like this because I'll probably end up hurting myself. But if I turn away it results in hurting others.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

delete
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 17 January 2014 at 05:51 PM.

Thread Information