Thread: Dream meaning

Dream meaning

Hi all,

Jai Shree Krishna and Happy new year :)

A quick question for you which has been bugging me for the last few days.

I dreamt the other day that I was in a big mandir in India and I was doing a special pooja of some sort. I'm not sure what it was exactly but I distinctly remember flowers were used for the pooja (standard procedure for any pooja I guess).

From what I've heard, it is a good sign if god comes in to your dream, but I was wondering if my dream had any significance at all?

Many thanks in advance

Re: Dream meaning

Your relationship with the Deity has been revived if you have not been paying attention to Him much .

The dream can mean
    1. Your past saṃskār , from a previous life was shown to guide you to take the spiritual path more seriously.
    OR
    2. In the near future you will be in that temple doing that pūjā. This is the Divine arrangement of the Lord for you.

In any case, your job is not to speculate on the dream, but act on the common essence of the underlying message : Wherever you are with surrender to His Lotus Feet, surrender more, turn to Him more, shed more ego, give up more worldly attachments (not duties or relations, but your mental possessive attachments to them), take more steps towards Him, increase your dependance on Bhagvan and decrease your false notion of independance (of the feeling that you -- as this body-person -- are the master of your life).

Jai Shri Kṛṣṇa
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Quote Originally Posted by ameyAtmA View Post
    Your relationship with the Deity has been revived if you have not been paying attention to Him much .

The dream can mean
    1. Your past saṃskār , from a previous life was shown to guide you to take the spiritual path more seriously.
    OR
    2. In the near future you will be in that temple doing that pūjā. This is the Divine arrangement of the Lord for you.

In any case, your job is not to speculate on the dream, but act on the common essence of the underlying message : Wherever you are with surrender to His Lotus Feet, surrender more, turn to Him more, shed more ego, give up more worldly attachments (not duties or relations, but your mental possessive attachments to them), take more steps towards Him, increase your dependance on Bhagvan and decrease your false notion of independance (of the feeling that you -- as this body-person -- are the master of your life).

Jai Shri Kṛṣṇa

Thank you so much for your response, it is greatly appreciated.

I will ensure that I will take more steps towards him and increase my dependence on Bhagvan.

Jai Shri Krsna

Our soul comes to us at night, in our dreams and grants us various blessings and grace.

Spiritual dreams can come from all different planes of consciousness.

They can come from just plain old mental imagination. They can come from the spiritual heart or from the depths of one's soul.

One can, indeed, be visited in dreams by angels or great saints who are fully united with God.

With the divine comes the divine. With the divine presence, comes all the divine qualities - purity, peace, joy, love, compassion, etc. etc. etc.

Dreams which are agitated, filled impatience, commanding by compulsion, steeped in fear...these are not coming from the divine, but just from our own lower nature.

If, in a dream you are praying, meditating or performing a spiritual rite, it is very rarely coming from an undivine place.

My best guess is that these dreams represent the fire of spiritual aspiration...that your soul is coming to your conscious mind with approval of your spiritual path...inspiring you to continue to engage the path of meditation and spiritual discipline.

Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by SuryaVedanta754 View Post
    Our soul comes to us at night, in our dreams and grants us various blessings and grace.

Spiritual dreams can come from all different planes of consciousness.

They can come from just plain old mental imagination. They can come from the spiritual heart or from the depths of one's soul.

One can, indeed, be visited in dreams by angels or great saints who are fully united with God.

With the divine comes the divine. With the divine presence, comes all the divine qualities - purity, peace, joy, love, compassion, etc. etc. etc.

Dreams which are agitated, filled impatience, commanding by compulsion, steeped in fear...these are not coming from the divine, but just from our own lower nature.

If, in a dream you are praying, meditating or performing a spiritual rite, it is very rarely coming from an undivine place.

My best guess is that these dreams represent the fire of spiritual aspiration...that your soul is coming to your conscious mind with approval of your spiritual path...inspiring you to continue to engage the path of meditation and spiritual discipline.

Namaste
    Namaste,

Thank you for your reply!

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

While these types of dreams are uplifting, good, and subjectively rewarding we must note that they come and go. Why ? Because wake, dream and sleep just come and go.

The Self (soul) has no place to go , nothing to accomplish - as kṛṣṇa-ji informs us in the bhāgavad gītā ( 4th chapter 14th śloka) 'actions to not involve me, nor do I have longing for the fruit of action'. "I am the non-doer' (13th śloka); Kṛṣṇa is none other then the Self, He has no need to come or to go, as He is every where. Nothing needs to be accomplished by Him.

So, one needs to re-consider what is going on with this dream ( if anything); yet we enjoy the pleasantness of it.

iti śiva
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hello, for last few days I have been dreaming of chanting mantras like Maha Mrityunjoyi, Gayitri, Durga Beej mantra etc.
    I see doing puja of Gods!
    in my other dreams i escaped falling from very high places.
    what did they mean?

Thread Information